Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well my friends are streching their ears at the weekend and
need to know how to put them in so im wondering if any of you know.
And before you say we cant go the peircist or something like that.
You guys should start out gradually, cause that mess hurts. And why can't you go to a pro? They should know how to do it.

Interesting Poster

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
It's called gauging..and it's a gradual process. Basically you just pierce your ears, wait for it to heal a bit, then put another earring in that's a size larger. You do it over a long period of time and your ear lobe will stretch.
Guhh... People who do things like that make me wince. No offense to people who do it, I just can see it going horribly wrong, very fast. If you get into a fight, that's going to be the first thing someone goes for and I just think "pain". gonk
Get a slightly bigger taper, shove it in, leave it for a bit. Repeat with gradually bigger ones over a couple of months oir until you reach the size you want.
It stops hurting after a little bit.
You can ping it about and put pencils in it. Great fun ;D
they look really really cool.

i'd love to get it done but i keep having second thoughs since one of my friends said his friend has one and it smells really bad and its always messy and infected eek
Persaphonia
Well my friends are streching their ears at the weekend and
need to know how to put them in so im wondering if any of you know.
And before you say we cant go the peircist or something like that.

Start out very small and take your time(at most waiting three weeks between stretches). Use soap or sex lube as a lubricant.

It will hurt, so take your time.
Choke Chick
It's called gauging..and it's a gradual process. Basically you just pierce your ears, wait for it to heal a bit, then put another earring in that's a size larger. You do it over a long period of time and your ear lobe will stretch.

It is not called gauging. That is a term created by numbnuts who work at hot topic.

And "dead stretching"(like you suggested) is a good way to ******** up your ears.

Friendly Phantom

6,850 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ssecni
they look really really cool.

i'd love to get it done but i keep having second thoughs since one of my friends said his friend has one and it smells really bad and its always messy and infected eek

then your friend should either clean his gauges or he shouldn't have gotten them in the first place.
lazycommie
Choke Chick

It is not called gauging. That is a term created by numbnuts who work at hot topic.

And "dead stretching"(like you suggested) is a good way to ******** up your ears.

I've never heard anyone call it 'dead stretching'? Wtf. I pretty positive it's called gauging. And the term 'gauging' deffaintly wasn't created by Hot Topic, we don't even have Hot Topic in Canada and everyone calls it gauging. Beside.. 'dead stretching' sounds stupid.
And it really doesn't ******** up your ears. I've gone up to 00, down to 0, and back up to 00. I know if I took out my gauges they'd probably go back to normal.
Talk to professionals about stuff like this. Or this could happen to you. And NO ONE wants that.
you have to understand the sizes when gauging.
18 being the smallest
16 normal piercing 14 still can easily done
might as well skip 12
suggestion start with a 10 horn/taper
to gauge do so gradually
messege the lobe of your ear through out the process before & after
if you can lubricate the taper/horn/ whatever you have chosen
push through & messege slowly you want to avoid a blowout (the inside of the piercing will flip inside out causing scar tissue & possible bleeding) if it bleeds do not continue
once you have it in properly there may be some discomfort ice it
leave it at this size for at least a week, leave the jewelry in, try to rotate it every day, & medicate it
hope that helps proffesional help isnt really needed for this stuff just read up on it. my buddies have gone past your 00 on their own & without punching
tigerlily_loamsdown
lazycommie
Choke Chick

I've never heard anyone call it 'dead stretching'? Wtf. I pretty positive it's called gauging. And the term 'gauging' deffaintly wasn't created by Hot Topic, we don't even have Hot Topic in Canada and everyone calls it gauging. Beside.. 'dead stretching' sounds stupid.
And it really doesn't ******** up your ears. I've gone up to 00, down to 0, and back up to 00. I know if I took out my gauges they'd probably go back to normal.

I was talking about the "scenester" type people that would work in such a store. And plus, "gauging" sounds stupid.

"Dead stretching" is stretching without a taper, which puts a lot of stress on those thin layers of tissue. A lot of people don't have any problem with it, but quite a few people get blowouts or torn ears. It's a term that isn't used much, because most people have the sense to use a taper.
Coyote-Walker
Talk to professionals about stuff like this. Or this could happen to you. And NO ONE wants that.

i love bmezine its become my home site.
but for the warning your ears will only go so far & even after gauging properly remember you may not be able to go back down a size after awhile. depending on the size it may not look like you have a window in you ear but there will be an impression. + the earing you originally wore like studs will not set properly

Friendly Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Im just getting a 2nd piercing on my upper ear lobe when Im 18 ^^ Not considering stretching it or anything. I'll be careful not to get it infected XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff