Welcome to Gaia! ::

My lesbian partner and I been discussing the idea of using donor sperm to get her pregnant after we were settled and ready for children, and I had heard stories of brothers donating sperm to their infertile sibling to help impregnate their partner.

I have been thinking of asking my brother to donate his sperm to us in the future. He and I are very close, and he shares a good deal of my genes, and looks very similar to me. So, he would be an ideal candidate for a sperm donor.

I wouldn't ask him to be anything but the child's uncle, and we'd never want to ask him for child support or anything of that nature. He'd have a right to be in the child's life, being their uncle and all, where if a random sperm donor would be a stranger. If he has kids with his own partner, they would be cousins/half siblings, which might be kind of weird, I admit, and the awkwardness is something that keeps me a bit wary of actually going through with asking him.

Though honestly, I think asking for sperm is a lot less of a hard thing to ask from a sibling than say, asking your sister to donate eggs or be a surrogate for your child.

Questions for discussion!

Would you ever donate sperm/eggs to help an infertile sibling?

Would you ever ask a sibling to donate genetic material if you were infertile and wanted children?

How do you feel about someone who would do something like that?

Would you judge them?

What if someone you know did it?

Have anyone you known done it?

Do you think it is a good idea?

*delicious mules*
I completely jumped to the wrong conclusion when I saw the subject name.

But, given the circumstances, Sounds alright to me.

6,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
*laughs at the thoughts of brothers having kids*

Would you ever ask a sibling to donate genetic material if you were infertile and wanted children?
Well, I only have brothers so that would be kinda weird and illegal. Maybe if I ended up with a woman, but I don't really see that happening right now since I'm with man. Besides, my boyfriend already volunteered to donate sperm to me if I ended up with a woman :'P. We're awesome like that.

Cool.

Would you judge them?
Of course not. Unless the donated came about by an affair. Otherwise, I don't care.

Cool.

No one that I know personally. I have seen multiple cases where that was done. Sadly one was used negatively in a custody case. It was a couple where the husband was infertile. He was a Female to male transsexual and his brother donated the sperm. His wife used it in a custody hearing to get full custody of the kids. Fortunately it didn't work. b***h.

Sure, whatever works for you. Personally, I see it as better to use the sperm of someone you know. I have this weird thought that if you use a stranger's sperm you'll end up accidentally marrying your sibling from the same sperm donor in the future XP. That's just how my mind works though.
i think a family donor is WAY better than a stranger donor if one is available because say the child gets sick and needs like, bone marrow or something, your family is in their life and it wouldnt be an odd thing to ask, seeins as hor regular aunts and uncles would be asked to get tested anyway.

really i think it wouldnt be weird if say, the brother donated the sperm as long as you guys did it professionally, and not just threw them in bed together and was like "go make a baby"

i have faith in my sister knowing that when i get married and decide i want kids, if i cant get pregnant she would gladly donate eggs to help me, i would make the brother referance too but its more likely that one of my brothers would end up being gay and needing an egg donor than me ending up with a woman and needing a sperm donor, in which case i would do it.
its alright now get out there and get ur brother to have sex with ur partner lol lol lol lol lol

I wouldn't ever have my brother be the donor to my future kids.
I mean how do you explain that? "Hi honey! This is Tim! he's your uncle AND your biological daddy!" Yeah, it seems as creepy as it sounds. It's too close for incest in my mind. I wouldn't judge others that made that choice though, because it's not my life or my business.
There are procedures that you can do that doesn't even involve sperm now.
Seeing that i'm gay of course i would.

I am a male so i would ask my brother if i HAD to but other than that i would adopt ( just my opinion)

I might feel wierd about it if i knew you well, but i would get over it fast

Would you judge them?
no i would not.

i would encourage them and back them up

my mom tried it once but it didn't work

I would do it as a last measure but yes it would work.

This is only my opinion remember, and i hope this helps. Reply if you have any question, just PM me at any time.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Das Punk

I wouldn't ever have my brother be the donor to my future kids.
I mean how do you explain that? "Hi honey! This is Tim! he's your uncle AND your biological daddy!" Yeah, it seems as creepy as it sounds. It's too close for incest in my mind. I wouldn't judge others that made that choice though, because it's not my life or my business.

That sums up my feelings.
But he wouldn't be the child's uncle. He'd be the dad.
You'd be the aunt.
╔═════════════════ ═╗
c α s є ч || т н ι и к s
╚═ ═════════════════╝

»»» Personally, I would be too creeped out by the idea that my Partner (or I) will be having my brother's baby. I won't judge those who are comfortable with the decision though; it's just not for me. 3nodding «««

Questing Pale Marionette, help?
Maybe, but I prefer the natural way of donating it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff