Welcome to Gaia! ::

Me and my boyfriend are both horrible with intimacy, I'm worse then he is. I'm the girl, but I was raised with this sense of showing emotion was a weakness, and as such I'm bad at expressing how I really feel.

I've been sexually active before, and I know that sex does not mean love. However, this was the first time we actually said each other's names during it, and for a moment it felt like it meant something more. Like it was a sweet moment.

I'm just wondering on people's opinions if it can mean something or if it's just part of sex. I'm sort of new to all this relationship stuff, all my other ones were shallow and quite honestly, I didn't feel anything for them much at all.

I've heard from several girl friends and one guy friend, it means something deep, but also have a few others tell me it doesnt mean jack. I'm just wondering in case I'm over thinking all of it.
lol what?

why would it be a big ******** deal?

if i screamed out orange duck during climax it would have the same effect rolleyes

Greedy Grabber

My boyfriend gets ridiculously turned on by it, so that's the only reason I say his name during sex. I've never been otherwise inclined to do it. I don't think it makes it any more meaningful.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
it's embarrassing. i avoid calling people by their name at all costs.
Well, as I'm personally not really a verbal type when it comes to intimacy I must admit that I never say my partner's name during sex. I prefer showing my affection through physical things, like cuddling, kissing and sex indeed. I've always believed that acts say more than words.

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
If it means something to you then it means something to you. Ask if it means something to him as well?
In most cases though I'd say you can pretty much say anything during sex and It'll still feel good.

Unless you yell that you have AIDS or he yells that he ******** your sister.
It turns my SO on if I say his name. Though I generally don't. He says my name during, which is kind of nice that, you know, he's aware it's me he's having sex with. I suppose it could mean something to the person, but at the same time, I don't personally read a ton into it.
Saying someone's name during sex usually feels forced and stilted for me. Sometimes it slips out, and that is jolly good, but it's not something I do often.

When I have sex with my boyfriend it often feels more like "making love" (it's a silly sounding term, but the only one I know to describe it) than just ********. It's not anything we say to each other, it's just the way it feels in the moment, and I can tell he feels the same connection by looking in his eyes. Randy sex and quickies are great and I enjoy that too, but I generally don't get the same feeling.

If you guys both felt like it meant something more, then that is what matters. If saying each other's names helps you connect more, then that's fantastic. Don't worry so much about what it means to other people, what matters is what it means to you.
If you think it's meaningful, then it is.
For you.

Alien Cultist

21,775 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50

wow that can really happen? i thought it did only in comedy movies. User Image

i mean i could see dreaming about someone else and sex and saying their name but not saying it alert. o___O

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
It generally only changes the mood for me if they yell someone else's name during sex.

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
NOPE emotion_awesome

I don't like talking during sex at all neutral It just..sounds awkward I think.

Questionable Lunatic

10,575 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
My boyfriend is turned on by it, so it's the only reason I say it. Never really got why it does, maybe when I call him other things but I never got the name thing...
this is my first real relationship, so i don't really have that much experience, but with saying anything, i think it only has as much meaning as you give it.

i personally, don't think it means anything, but it makes me feel closer to my boyfriend and he loves when i do it. i love when he does it to... idk, its just this feeling of love starts building in my chest and that combined with lust is just... amazing.

Rainbow Ladykiller

I think dirty talk is silly. Including saying your partner's name.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff