Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like money!

Yes I do! 1 100.0% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
1 2 >

I know this is sort of an odd topic in this particular thread, but I thought that it fit better under the "traditions" and "culture" bit better than anywhere else.

Would anyone happen to know what this symbol means?
User Image
Or something that resembles it?

A friend of mine has been OBSESSED with drawing it for days and doesn't know where it's from.
I swear it looks familiar. So.. It's been bugging me. Lol.

I was wondering if any of you guys knew anything about it. I've looked through astrology, alchemy, and pagan symbols and found nothing. It does resemble the Middle Eastern way of writing/calligraphy, but I can't seem to find any letters, symbols, or anything else that would resemble it. Hell, I can't even find if it was maybe some sort of logo she's seen somewhere.

I need your opinions!
<3
Has to be from something like a video game, anime, or some kind of logo. It doesn't have any cultural or religious meaning as I looked through a symbol database and that doesn't look like anything. And it could just be something they made up like I have.

Edit:^ Might be wrong, but pretty sure it's right, just thought I'd add a disclaimer.
Yeah, we've both scoured through every symbol and logo we can find and can't seem to come across anything. ><;
She's not a big gamer, so I doubt it'd be video games...
Nor is she into anime. At all.
So frustrating. It's probably nothing with our luck, though. Lol.
Thanks for the input. <3

Anyone else?
*looks at it carefully* I know the symbol. I've always associated it with fire. Though, when I draw it, I draw it with less of a curve on the upper bit...

*shrug* I remember it being in a couple games.

I think it's an elemental symbol for fire. It's familiar to everyone though. *shrug*

It goes with the squiggly lines for water... the weird twi- wait.

Try looking up Maori symbols. I think it's one of theirs.
cool-cool cool cool

O.G. Sex Symbol

10,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
I've seen a variation of that sign on one of my sisters tapestries.
I think it's some Muslim thing... Like 'love' or some s**t like that. >w<;
It means a ballsack
it looks familiar, but i'm with the guy who said it is mostlikely a symbol for fire
makuta999
*looks at it carefully* I know the symbol. I've always associated it with fire. Though, when I draw it, I draw it with less of a curve on the upper bit...

*shrug* I remember it being in a couple games.

I think it's an elemental symbol for fire. It's familiar to everyone though. *shrug*

It goes with the squiggly lines for water... the weird twi- wait.

Try looking up Maori symbols. I think it's one of theirs.

*does a little digging*

kay. I know the symbol is in Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas [the dreamworks one] but I can't find a pic of it. Eris's imitation of Sinbad, and it's on the knife, just above the hilt.

I also recall it being associated with Fire and Nobility, though I think that's just personal opinion.

It reminded me of 'fire' when I first saw it.. Which is what made me turn to the pagan symbols. My sister is Wiccan, which is why I first thought it looked so familiar...
But she swears she's never used it or seen it used.
Muslim and Maori, eh? I'll give 'em a go. =D
Sinbad, too. Lol.
Thank you, dears.
<3
I want to say it's a symbol for some charity organization?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That's the closest I can guess. It's called a Hei matau.

But it's not exactly like the one your friend draws. =(
reminds me of this:
Maori symbol,
called Matau?
or Hei Matau?
Google says its associated with New Zealand (i dunno)
my teacher from NZ used to wear one so it makes sense i guess xD

Theres lots of different ways of writing it though, it means strength and supposedly if you wear it it brings you peace and luck and all that fun stuff.
Wow.. Those are actually really close matches. =O
Thanks, guys! I'll be sure to relay it to my friend and see what she thinks. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas