Welcome to Gaia! ::

Retainer stories.

What happened where, embarrasing or not?

Mine: It was at school today, and the In-N-Out Truck came and made hamburgers which the parents organized and served to us. I was eating, and i had placed my retainer in my tray. . . . it got covered by a tissue paper and i ended up throwing i into the trash can.
When i realized i had lost my retainer, we had to go and get gloves and dig through the trash can to look for it
Luckily i had two good friends, Carrie and Cynthia, and an awesome student supervisor, Mrs. Mejia, that helped me
I found it. that's the good part!
Now tell me about your story. blaugh

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
dianaliu94
Retainer stories.

Mine: It was at school today, and the In-N-Out Truck came and made hamburgers which the parents organized and served to us. I was eating, and i had placed my retainer in my tray. . . . it got covered by a tissue paper and i ended up throwing i into the trash can.
When i realized i had lost my retainer, we had to go and get gloves and dig through the trash can to look for it
Luckily i had two good friends, Carrie and Cynthia, and an awesome student supervisor, Mrs. Mejia, that helped me

Oh, the same thing happened to one of my friends two years ago! After we ate at L&L Hawaiian Barbeque, my friend forgot that she had placed her retainer on a tissue, and when we mass-threw our trash away, she accidentally threw the retainer away along with it. It wasn't until after we went over to Golden Spoons (a frozen yogurt shop in my area) and she saw me putting on my retainer that she remembered that she had accidentally thrown away her retainer, and ran back to L&L's to ask the workers to fish out her retainer for her. XD She later reported that she had to wash out her retainer 10 times with water and soap.

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
i hav some
it's ment to be worn for a life time
but some people just lose it or leave it alone
but my friend wears it all the time for 2 years now, and it just ruined her teeth cuz she pushes on it with her toung
now she has to get braces AGAIN for about 5 months

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I'm glad that this is my last year of having to wear the retainer (this is my second year of wearing the retainer, and after Christmas this year, I can finally abandon it), because, well....my retainer has uhh...broken in half, and I lost the other half while I was at a choir retreat. XD;;; (just so you know, I have clear retainers that most of my family mistaken for something called Invisi-line)
Winrii Rockbell
dianaliu94
Retainer stories.

Oh, the same thing happened to one of my friends two years ago! After we ate at L&L Hawaiian Barbeque, my friend forgot that she had placed her retainer on a tissue, and when we mass-threw our trash away, she accidentally threw the retainer away along with it. It wasn't until after we went over to Golden Spoons (a frozen yogurt shop in my area) and she saw me putting on my retainer that she remembered that she had accidentally thrown away her retainer, and ran back to L&L's to ask the workers to fish out her retainer for her. XD She later reported that she had to wash out her retainer 10 times with water and soap.

yeah, darn those tissues
*Raises Paw*

I do, but my story is kinda gross...

I'm in collage and I go to a farm for one of my many classes (Animal Science Major) and I throw my crap-covered boots on the floor and I take a shower. I get back and open my retainer case. My hand slipped and my retainers fell on a nice big glop of pig poo...

My orthadontist (Sp?) is two hours away and I didn't have a car on me at the time. Lucky me...

Moral of the story: Clean the s**t off the floor before trying to put on retainers

Business Rogue

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
i had 3
1st one broke eating
2nd got stolen from the cleaning ladys in a hotel
3rd one i ran over while getting gas <fell out of my pocket while i was chewing gum>
I have one. I am suppose to wear when I sleep, but I have not in along time. It still fits.

I refuse to wear mine outside the house. D:

'cus then I can hardly talk and when I do it's all mumbled. xD

I have one, but it didn't get dropped in dung like the guy above's did but i did once loose it at my cousins's house but we found it
Roygbiv06
*Raises Paw*

I'm in collage and I go to a farm for one of my many classes (Animal Science Major) and I throw my crap-covered boots on the floor and I take a shower. I get back and open my retainer case. My hand slipped and my retainers fell on a nice big glop of pig poo...

My orthadontist (Sp?) is two hours away and I didn't have a car on me at the time. Lucky me...

Moral of the story: Clean the s**t off the floor before trying to put on retainers

man that must suck
User Image
That's happened to my Sister! She had to go dumpster diving to find hers.
I have two retainers and I have no funny stories to share. One of them is a plastic one that I have to wear 3 times a week when I go to bed and the other one is glued onto the backs of my bottom teeth. Only have a year left on my plastic one and I'm thinking about keeping my bottom one for life. It doesn't bother me.
i love my retainer.
i'm on my second one.

the first one i had for like FOUR years, then it got thrown away.
my second one hasn't gotten lost or anything, and the orthodontist told me i didn't need to wear it anymore.
but i'm really tempted to wear it still.
i think retainers are hot wink

and i'm not even joking.
they're a turn-on for me, haha.
asagao94
Roygbiv06
*Raises Paw*

man that must suck

Lol, that's what I get for not cleaning up 3nodding

I was able to get another pair a few weeks afterwards.

Other than the poo incident, I've broken the retainers in my sleep (I grind my teeth for some odd reason) on several occasions

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff