Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Genius

I not to long ago found out about the law of attraction, but I know it works, It just does..

I use to attract rapist, because I was afraid of them every time I told myself "Hes gonna try to rape me" I was always right, they TRIED but I always got away, because I BELIEVED I'd get away. Lol I sound crazy now. Yes It's true I'm not lying or anything, being chased by guys always happened to me.
I use to come home like running away from a creepy guy was nothing, and let me mentioned how my mom even questioned why I attracted guys like this..She thinks I've told her all my story's with these creepy guys. I don't cause it'll just scare her!

I find it funny that I never told myself "Omg, I'm GOING TO be raped" or felt like I was going to be, because If I really believed I was going to be raped, It would happen. I always, always, alwaysss said "he's gonna TRY and rape me" (they did try but every time they did I ended up getting away) and that's only because I attracted them from my feeling of fear, scariness for not having protection, being in the wrong place, and attracting the wrong so called "friends".
I got away because I actually felt like I would get away I just knew I would, I believed I would..

Anyways I used the LoA to get my braces.. Keep in mind I defiantly didn't have the money for them. :b so I would just lay down and pray for them just meditate, and imagine myself with braces and the next thing I know I get a Orthodontics number from my consular telling me there giving them to me for free lol like wtf that doesn't happen! (Let me just say my teeth weren't even bad, I mean my teeth in my profile picture shows it)?
I also use LoA to clear my bacne 3nodding . It woooorks!
I'm very positive and life is friggin awesome! I watched the movie 'The Secret' and trust me this shits magical <3 everything makes sense as to why I am the way I am, and why I am where I am.

I should mention that I do meditate a lllot and had a heart awakening whee and that before I even found out about this video that I was already positive, and attracted my first and only love. I also found out how to love myself.. Still loving myself more and more heart
You don't need a guide for happiness.

S m u s h a's Husband

Proxy Fatcat

whenever i'm out alone at night i always worry that i'm going to get kidnapped
but i haven't been so far so

anyway u sound cray

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Glad it works

Hilarious Genius

Jacque De Molay
You don't need a guide for happiness.

Hmm. Well I honestly don't see it as a guide, it's energy. If anything I see it as wishful thinking, the desire for something I really want and actually being able to get it 4laugh
The fact that I can get whatever I want whether its good or bad all because of my energy and thoughts, is really interesting. So I changed my thoughts to even more positivity and life feels more comfortable, there are negatives but I don't let it run me over the way it does with some people that don't even know about LoA. I could easily ask for money but I don't. I'm just staying positive and living life. Love and myself gives me happiness heart

Dangerous Kitten

I believe that it works in the sense that your dominant thoughts and attitudes are going to have a positive/negative affect on your quality of life. I also believe that if you keep your goals in mind and have a can't-fail approach to life, you're probably more likely to achieve what you want.

I think that a lot of the principles in the whole Secret/Law of Attraction thing can be very helpful for people at their bottom. Someone gave me an Abraham Hicks book "Ask and It Is Given" when I was going through a really tough time in my life. I don't believe in the whole mystical universe genie hullabaloo, but I do think it was very helpful at the time. It promotes baby steps to improving your outlook. It sounds obvious, but it wasn't to me. I was always trying to force myself from desperate/hopeless to sunshine and puppies. The book was all about using exercises to improve your mood and attitude gradually. A lot of it was garbage, but it was happy garbage that I could really use at that point in my life.

I still think it's a scam, though. The main players in this whole law of attraction thing make bank off of constantly putting out the same material in new books, new seminars, meditation CDs, DVDs, etc. If it really worked then why would we need the thousands of products out there? And the brilliant part about this all is that the whole idea of law of attraction is that if it doesn't work for you, there's something wrong with what YOU'RE doing. You're not positive enough, you're not letting go, you're not believing enough. It's all very vague and almost contradictory at times because it's a cashcow pseudoscience. "It's your fault that you're not getting the results you want, here try my new book. Maybe you'll find some new perspective in reading the exact same thing you did in my last 7 books. Only $25.99"

Blessed Cat

Please for your own sake if your a girl don't go out at night alone without protection. Too many attackers now a days.... Happy for you finding love though not sure what laws of attraction is >_>

Dapper Ladykiller

No, I don't.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
The "law of attraction" is just a way to get away with not actually doing anything to get what you want while simultaneously telling everyone who's ever had anything bad happen to them that it's their own damn fault.

Child abuse? You wanted it.
Living in a poor-a** country in a state of constant near-starvation? You just aren't wanting food enough.
Tortured by a serial killer and about to be executed? You just weren't thinking positive enough.

On the other hand, if you manage to overcome the trauma of child abuse and flee that poor-a** nation, kick that serial killer in the balls and dash away to freedom, then all your work and suffering can really just be entirely discarded because the real reason you got out of it all was because you "corrected your negative thoughts" or what the ******** ever. Now you're an inspiration to a bunch of stupid, lazy, impotent old women who sit in their cluttered houses watching The View and take your story as an example of how they can just sit around wanting s**t really hard and that's just as good as, y'know, actually going out and doing s**t to achieve their desires.

Kawaii Sentai

Kind of sounds like a huge placebo effect that is really just a confidence boost. When you are confident, or at least pretending to be, you probably won't run into as many issues that you do when you are shy or scared. But that's because you have enough confidence to get yourself out of bad situations, not some weird placebo effect.
But hey glad you aren't getting raped!

Hilarious Genius

Raven Winter
The "law of attraction" is just a way to get away with not actually doing anything to get what you want while simultaneously telling everyone who's ever had anything bad happen to them that it's their own damn fault.

Child abuse? You wanted it.
Living in a poor-a** country in a state of constant near-starvation? You just aren't wanting food enough.
Tortured by a serial killer and about to be executed? You just weren't thinking positive enough.

On the other hand, if you manage to overcome the trauma of child abuse and flee that poor-a** nation, kick that serial killer in the balls and dash away to freedom, then all your work and suffering can really just be entirely discarded because the real reason you got out of it all was because you "corrected your negative thoughts" or what the ******** ever. Now you're an inspiration to a bunch of stupid, lazy, impotent old women who sit in their cluttered houses watching The View and take your story as an example of how they can just sit around wanting s**t really hard and that's just as good as, y'know, actually going out and doing s**t to achieve their desires.

No. I do not believe that this is possible. People can not will their bodies into deadly illnesses. You did not bring it upon yourself that you were molested, whether you were 4 or 24 years old. The starving kids in Africa could never have brought their abysmal living conditions upon themselves. I don’t believe that’s how the Law of Attraction works.

I happen to believe that all the bad things in life are not a manifestation of the Law of Attraction, but the exact opposite: letting chaos and negativity ensue because there is a lacking of any sense of direction at all. I think bad things are a manifestation of how lost we and the world can be.

But that cooky idea aside, I believe that the rape victim was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I believe that the kids in Africa are just really unfortunate to have been born there and not here, and that’s not something they could have influenced themselves. I believe that sickness and death are a part of life, and where you have a big responsibility to take care of yourself and your body, there are some things you just can’t control. I mean, cancer happens because your cells have mutated into a malignant rapidly multiplying version of themselves. How do you create that for yourself in your body with your thought? You don’t. We can make our own luck, for sure, but bad things can happen to you even if you think positive.

However, I completely stand behind the idea that we do attract a lot of the bad stuff ourselves. With our thoughts, feelings and actions. I’m sorry if that’s harsh, but maybe the truth will set you free: those patterns, however self-destructive and damaging, are coming from yourself. And it’s only when you change the way you think, act and feel, that you will break these patterns and attract better things.

Your friend (or you) that keeps getting into dysfunctional relationships with unavailable, wildly inappropriate men? The girl going “I don’t know why, but I attract bad guys”? Damn straight you do. Those relationships (basically the same relationship happening over and over again) don’t just happen to you. You attract them. There is a reason that you keep falling for the same type of guy who is only going to hurt you.

Every attempt at dieting a fat, or should I say "the fat women watching the view", failed at, the pounds "the fat women watching the view" can’t seem to lose? she attracted that with her negative body image and self-defeating thoughts.

LoA requires action, and the action I'm talking about is not LAZINESS. There defiantly
is no time for laziness waking up at 4 in the morning to take several buses to a different county, just too get my braces re-tighten. That my Gaian is determination!

There are lessons in whatever keeps happening to you. The world isn’t out to get you, the world is trying to get you to figure out how get it right. It means you have to do something differently. And maybe that takes a while to set in. Even when you’re starting to do everything right according to the Law of Attraction, you may still be in a less than ideal situation in some aspect of your life, but that has more to do with being able to let things into your life.

What’s most important about this anyway, is that you can totally decide for yourself what you believe you have attracted into life and what just happens to be there from circumstances or coincidences. I believe the Law of Attraction does not apply to illness, starving kids and victims of terrible crimes.You can choose to believe whatever you want.

How you deal with the things that are in your life, whether you attracted them or whether they are here through the randomness of life? That is still your personal responsibility. And the Law of Attraction could still really lend you a hand with that.

I think it rather difficult to understand that you attract everything except the really bad stuff. ”The world isn't out to get you, the world is trying to get you to figure out how get it right.” I’m really grateful for everything that happened to me, because it made me stronger. I wish I could believe that you can’t attract illness or poverty, but I still think that there’s a lesson in everything I just don’t believe a million Indian children all have to learn that same lesson, you know? and that therefore you sometimes can attract really bad stuff.
It’s just what you believe, I guess. In the end, it doesn’t really matter what you believe, as long as it is making you happy. 3nodding

Trash Garbage

i am pretty sure you getting braces had more to do with bad teeth rather than you praying for them.
            also are you saying that all rape victims really wanted to be raped?
            because that's a pretty shitty opinion to have.

Lavish Loiterer

-flips table-

I can't read this. Someone translate for me.

Hilarious Genius

Hans My Hedgehog
I believe that it works in the sense that your dominant thoughts and attitudes are going to have a positive/negative affect on your quality of life. I also believe that if you keep your goals in mind and have a can't-fail approach to life, you're probably more likely to achieve what you want.

I think that a lot of the principles in the whole Secret/Law of Attraction thing can be very helpful for people at their bottom. Someone gave me an Abraham Hicks book "Ask and It Is Given" when I was going through a really tough time in my life. I don't believe in the whole mystical universe genie hullabaloo, but I do think it was very helpful at the time. It promotes baby steps to improving your outlook. It sounds obvious, but it wasn't to me. I was always trying to force myself from desperate/hopeless to sunshine and puppies. The book was all about using exercises to improve your mood and attitude gradually. A lot of it was garbage, but it was happy garbage that I could really use at that point in my life.

I still think it's a scam, though. The main players in this whole law of attraction thing make bank off of constantly putting out the same material in new books, new seminars, meditation CDs, DVDs, etc. If it really worked then why would we need the thousands of products out there? And the brilliant part about this all is that the whole idea of law of attraction is that if it doesn't work for you, there's something wrong with what YOU'RE doing. You're not positive enough, you're not letting go, you're not believing enough. It's all very vague and almost contradictory at times because it's a cashcow pseudoscience. "It's your fault that you're not getting the results you want, here try my new book. Maybe you'll find some new perspective in reading the exact same thing you did in my last 7 books. Only $25.99"

Hahah yesss I really did think it was a scam too! I know its not one now, but yeah I get what your saying lol.
I believe there's different books because there are people out there that use law of attraction on there books about there own experience, I mean what book doesn't repeat the other like: dieting for weight loss, yoga, martial arts, reading skill books. They repeat all the time, teaching someone how to use there energy for the law of attraction is no different, obviously they want money, but that doesn't mean the book is a lie you know? Of course they want to make a profit out of it! 'The Secret' now aha you can actually watch it for free online too..

BUT not everything comes with a profit when it comes to teaching LoA and Abraham Hicks isn't the only teacher.. Lisa Nichols made a program for people that use LoA. Have you considered the events, the videos on YouTube.. (Oh you might think there paid to post those videos, welp there not), Awesomeness fest is for those that believes/ or wants to join in the law of attraction. I used LoA WITHOUT the book JUST me and myself, for free 3nodding .
People tell there stories online, and in there freee group events, . It really isn't a scam lol, I recently realized that a lot of the people that meditate, and have all these types of experiences do believe in the LoA.. It's pretty vague for you to call something vague that you don't really understand, Js doesn't mean it's true. The thing with me is I questioned EVERYTHING exclaim . I questioned this as a scam when I found out about it, but I understood it even more when they mentioned energy.. You obviously didn't believe it would really work enough since you thought it was a scam. Maybe you should try again but without the "Vague" book and with a little research.. Just because YOU don't understand, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.
I gave it a chance and won't regret it LoA comes with action!

Law of Attraction didn't pick me up and run out this creepy guys motel. I made the choice to run out of that serious situation! Let me just say that I listened to my feelings with this situation as well and any other to get out of it, because feelings TALK.

Hilarious Genius

l i t t l e - b e a r s

i am pretty sure you getting braces had more to do with bad teeth rather than you praying for them.
            also are you saying that all rape victims really wanted to be raped?
            .because that's a pretty shitty opinion to have

The LoA gave me braces smile whether you believe it or not. LoA isn't a philosophy it's physics. Nope, didn't have bad teeth, I got medipass which I was told I couldn't even get! The Orthodontic said I can get my braces once I get medipass which I didn't have to pay for.
Before I got my braces I called all the Orthodontics in or near my county for braces and got REEEJECTED because my teeth WEREN'T bad enough talk2hand . So yeah maybe I should've mentioned that in the post..

"also are you saying that all rape victims really wanted to be raped?"

Um..Hell no that's defiantly not what I'm saying emotion_eyebrow .
The LoA doesn't hear the "I don't want" or "want" In your wishes. Its the energy, feeling, and images you give off that it attracts to..
LoA was defiantly working for the guy that want to rape the victim though. rolleyes

"because that's a pretty shitty opinion to have"

Yeah it's shitty but its not my opinion. My sister 15, was raped by our step-dad who use to chase us every weekend, while my mom was at work.. It was his choice to take drugs every weekend while my mom was at work and we had a choice to tell our mom what was happening but didn't. Me, 9 and my other sister, 11 at the the time did always think negative about him before he even chased us.

When he use to drink, and shoot up (He wasn't a druggy in the beginning, just seem like a nice guy) we always seemed to have escape while we were in the house, no matter what was happening me and her knew he wasn't going to rape either one of us if we didn't give up, at least not while we were together 3nodding , I can't explain the feeling of getting away, it was always on my mind even when he was chasing us, I was in shock and still positive. He dragged me in his room and I was still positive I'd get out lol I did want to give in to the shock and just give-up I was thinking like this and I was 9!
He's the reason why I have fear for rape in the first place. It finally ended once my 15yr old sister told us what he was doing to her, not everything in life's great! but the struggle in life makes you stronger, s**t happens. Like I said to the person above you, no matter how positive you are negative stuff can happen, you can only control your possibility and no ones else.
So the guy that rapes the victim has problems of his own an is obviously a negative, controlling, assholllle, who needs some help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff