Welcome to Gaia! ::

So my last boyfriend that I thought I was absolutely in love with was so hard to break up with because when we did break up I was constantly on my smartphone and always waiting for a text from him and if I didn't get one I would get extremely obsessive and text him. I was young. This was a couple years ago and I know I was way too obsessive but see when I had a slider phone with no apps, Internet, or anything fun I never really bothered checking my phone for text messages. So what do yall think?

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
It's super easy if you delete anything that reminds you of the person you're no longer with. It's not like it's a new problem... Before smartphones were a thing you could just get on a computer and find that person online to contact them if you weren't diligent enough in getting rid of ways to communicate with them.
It definitley has a lot to do with myself. I know that. I have a ton of relationship issues that need to be worked on.

Timid Lunatic

User Image

Absolutely. My ex used to text me on every break while he was at work. It's been six months and I still feel the need to check my phone at 11am, 1pm, and 3:30pm. I hate it.

User Image

Intellectual Mage

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
I think it does make it a little harder. My girlfriend broke up with me recently, about two months ago, and I still open our Whatsapp convo hoping she would send something. It's kind of sad really, never though I would stoop so low but yeah. I am getting hold of myself now but I do reckon it's definitely harder, for me at least.

Sparkly Duck

The thing about smartphones is that it changes the way we live our lives and along with social networking, gives people the need to always be immersed in some sort of social activity. Honestly if it becomes a problem, and it sounds like it is, try going a day without using your phone and see how it goes. If you feel like you can't be without it, there may be a problem there. Most people that I know have felt so much better when without their phone.

However yes, sometimes I get the urge to get in contact with an ex because it is so easy. The best thing though is that the ex I occasionally get an urge to contact again has a new number, no social media, and doesn't even live in my state anymore. So yeah, that's a blessing.
Well I'm thinking about ditching my smartphone completely. I use to be the type of person that could dump a guy no problem but now that I have the need to constantly check my phone I think it's made me a little more obsessive and clingy and I hate that. I'm actually thinking about just getting a crappy flip phone because I do need a phone for work like if I get called in. Not for emailing or anything. Don't get me wrong I care about others feelings it's just I use to not care so much about my own. Now I feel like I HAVE to be in a relationship. It could just be me but I have spend a day away from my smartphone and I felt somewhat better but it still killed me.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

I feel like it's the reverse. When you have so many other things to do on your phone, then you have things to keep to occupied all the time. When you just have an SMS phone, then there's nothing to do much check/wait for messages.

Fashionable Shopper

Lexia_Starr
I feel like it's the reverse. When you have so many other things to do on your phone, then you have things to keep to occupied all the time. When you just have an SMS phone, then there's nothing to do much check/wait for messages.

Yeah. I like that I can lay in bed on facebook or just download a game and not have to check messages if I don't have any. I can't really comment on the breaking up part... I didn't have a phone when I broke up with my "exes". They were just boys I saw only on Sundays at church so they weren't real boyfriends... we didn't even talk on the phone either. So it was more like 'kid-dating' where two kids just see each other when they do but call each other bf and gf...lol.

Timid Sophomore

8,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Healer 150
  • Invisibility 100
I still wait on texts from a girl I had a rather... odd breakup with. It happens but i see where you're coming from.

Eloquent Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
I rather wish I had a smart phone for my past few break ups. Having it done to you in person over and over can be rough as hell. In fact, my most recent one? "Yeah... I still feel conflicted, let's be friends and maybe we can get back together one day" (EX, ********, FIANCE) One week later, I confirm she was seeing someone behind my back for 6 months. I proceeded to drive her car off a cliff and threw her hamster in the microwave for 1 second and left the door unopened. ^w^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff