Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think doctors are underpaid?

Yes 0.22448979591837 22.4% [ 11 ]
No 0.77551020408163 77.6% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'm very biased on this one. I find that every time I go to a doctor, I'm paying for them to tell me either what I already knew or nothing at all. So with that said, maybe some of them do have a purpose in the world that justifies the amount of money they make, but I haven't met any like that. I'll never say they are underpaid though.

Shameless Fatcat

On one hand, doctors work very hard and deserve good pay.
On the other hand, half our country can't afford to seek out medical care when they need it, and a quarter of all bankruptcy claims filed are over medical bills. I don't see how we can possibly pay doctors more and not see the health of our entire country tank.
Also, some doctors have (or think they have) too much power. We've all had a doc with a damn God complex or horrible bedside manner. While I appreciate what they do, some of these medical practitioners need to remember that they're still a business, and they don't get the pay if they can't do the job in the way that is expected of them. That means listening to their patients and being respectful and empathetic.
******** doctors. I'm going to go ask mine what he's paid and if he thinks that's enough and if he has a problem with what I'm giving him I'm going to scratch his car all up.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I haven't met many doctors that I liked. I can honestly only think of one doctor that I have respect for. He's my mother's eye doctor. I've actually had people try and convince me to go to this one hospital because they think it's closer than my hospital of choice, but the doctors there were so bad to my loved ones, that I refuse to support the hospital they're at.

So, I guess I don't really care unless I find more doctors that I care about.

Dapper Dabbler

Do you think doctors are underpaid?
Yes. I believe doctors should be making so much more than they do. I find it absolutely repulsive that celebrities/actors/models can make more than the people in our society who save lives.

Do you want to be a doctor?
I do! I wish I had the brains to be a surgeon like you.

How well do you think you're compensated for your work?
I'm not currently working as I'm a student haha.

Are you currently a student? Major?
Yes!~ My major is Psychology

How much school have your completed? How much do you have left?
I've just finished my first year of my undergrad. Three more to go!

What are your career goals?
I'm not even quite sure yet~ Haven't really found my thing in psychology yet!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff