Jesse Troy
kvlt elitist
Jesse how old are you again?

I'm 22.

lets see if im 19
and your 22

by the time your 31

i'll be 28

And if I didn't waste 4 years of college dicking around I could be entering med school now.

lets see i wont get my degree til im 26-27

What are you going to be?

Crap, just found out you can't quote people if they ignore you.

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

It is not so much that they are not paid well, but it is the fact that schooling is expensive.
People should know what they are getting into when they go for these career paths.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Jesse Troy
Sexual Innuendo
Definitely not. But I would never say they were overpaid either. I think they are paid just fine. Obviously, you're going to be ******** for a while while you're in the process of becoming a doctor, but once you're making your 250k a year, paying off student loans and debts won't be so difficult. Obviously, it's going to take a while, but the same can be said for any other profession.

What other profession has 20 years of training?
What other profession leaves you with hundreds of thousands in debt?
It would be nice if 250k was the minimum income for a doctor. Their net income may actually be less than 100k.
How?
kvlt elitist
Jesse Troy
kvlt elitist
Jesse Troy
kvlt elitist

lets see if im 19
and your 22

by the time your 31

i'll be 28

And if I didn't waste 4 years of college dicking around I could be entering med school now.

lets see i wont get my degree til im 26-27

What are you going to be?

Crap, just found out you can't quote people if they ignore you.

Architect
and
Architectural engineering

theres a dual degree program at this university that i want to transfer to

Oh yeah, I remember now.
I used to be a fan of The Brady Bunch, serious. Anyway Mike Brady is an architect.
I was considering it. xd
Sexual Innuendo
Jesse Troy
Sexual Innuendo
Definitely not. But I would never say they were overpaid either. I think they are paid just fine. Obviously, you're going to be ******** for a while while you're in the process of becoming a doctor, but once you're making your 250k a year, paying off student loans and debts won't be so difficult. Obviously, it's going to take a while, but the same can be said for any other profession.

It would be nice if 250k was the minimum income for a doctor. Their net income may actually be less than 100k.
How?

How what?

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Jesse Troy
Sexual Innuendo
Jesse Troy
Sexual Innuendo

How?

How what?
I mean, how could a doctor's net income turn out to be less than 100k?
Sexual Innuendo
Jesse Troy
Sexual Innuendo
Jesse Troy
Sexual Innuendo

How?

How what?
I mean, how could a doctor's net income turn out to be less than 100k?

The Deceptive Income of Physicians

Dapper Gawker

Do you think doctors are underpaid?
No. They may have to pay back a lot in student loans, BUT they still have a lot of money over at the end of the month. I agree with what someone else said that teachers are underpaid--big time.

Do you want to be a doctor?
There are some branches I'm interested in like neurology, neuropsychology, pschiatrists--if they're considered doctors.

How well do you think your compensated for your work?
No. I'm a cashier, but I believe that minimum wage should be higher, especially for the area I live in. Minimum wage here is $8.00 an hour. Average rent for a studio is $900. Even if I were to work 40 hours, after taxes, I'd only have a little over $100 left after just paying rent. I just recently got a $0.24 raise which sounds like a joke. What do you expect from CEO companies. I don't expect to work here forever, though--but I have a few co-workers who have this job as a career and, as a result, have to work a second job as well. No one should have to work more than one job to get by.

Are you currently a student? Major?
No. I graduated college last year, and I majored in psychology. I was hoping I could get a job in the field as an entry, Bachelor's level, but they want experience. If somehow working cashier counts as experience, then I'm confused.

What are your career goals?
It's very, very broad. A ton of branches in psychology interest me. There's mental health counselor (more interested in anxiety), high school guidance counselor, neuropsychologist, school psychologist, neurologist, clinical psychologist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, and probably other stuff.
I'll stick to being a critical care nurse making 65-70k a year.

I won't complain.

Edit- If doctors think that they're underpaid, they should take a look at Paramedics. Most of them will never break 40k without a second job.
Well, I don't know if they're underpaid, but they're definitely earning one of the highest job salaries, seeing that most jobs give an average of 60k a year, 200k a year seems so much more in comparison. Besides, most 'doctors' finish their residency in their early 30s or late 20s, after going through med school and getting a bachelors degree.

Greedy Giver

it would be more worth it if you didn't have astronomical student debt, it will take you till long after your ready to retire to pay that s**t off sad

I think that doctors have the short end of the stick, and so do nurses, and so do patients (so everyone except the insurance cos and the pharm cos I guess) all in different ways, and its a shame.

my bf has the right idea, manual labor is the way to go, work 7 days a week from dusk till dawn, living expenses paid, no student debt, and now he's even gonna get benefits (I'm so proud) almost makes me forget he works in a different state for 8 months out of the year crying

As for me, I currently work in mental health, but I'm getting my degree in linguistics. I have a really cushy job and I am really really really lucky, it can be challenging sometimes, but thats really nothing. I think most people that have the same job I have DO NOT have it easy peasy like I do and I think they are not paid enough. I am though. But I do not want to be in this line of work for my whole life, for now its just hangin out with a friend and makin a pay check for it, best money I can make with a hs diploma in a very economically depressed area

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
Jesse Troy
Revie Creation
no, if they can afford to buy fancy cars and big a** houses, they're not underpaid, they're just bad with money. teachers are underpaid and anyone with a minimum wage job is underpaid

A doctors net per hour wage can be only a few dollars more than that of a high school teacher.
A resident doctor makes about minimum wage.

The median gross income among internal medicine physicians is $205,441.7 The median gross income among high school teachers, including the value of benefits but excluding their pension, is about $50,000 per year.

Accounting for time spent training, student loan debt, years worked, hours worked per year and disproportionate income taxes – the net adjusted hourly wage of an internist is $34.46 per hour, while that of a high school teacher is $30.47 per hour.

Though the gross income of an internal medicine physician is 4 times that of a high school teacher, the adjusted net hourly wage of an internal medicine physician is only 1.13 times that of a high school teacher.

Most people would argue that high school teachers are not paid enough, yet for some reason most people would also argue that physicians are paid too much.

http://benbrownmd.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/informedconsent/

well that maybe where you live, but it's not true here. and i doubt any doctor is getting paid 8$/hr
Wacko Quacko
No. They may have to pay back a lot in student loans, BUT they still have a lot of money over at the end of the month. I agree with what someone else said that teachers are underpaid--big time.

Do you want to be a doctor?
There are some branches I'm interested in like neurology, neuropsychology, pschiatrists--if they're considered doctors.

How well do you think your compensated for your work?
No. I'm a cashier, but I believe that minimum wage should be higher, especially for the area I live in. Minimum wage here is $8.00 an hour. Average rent for a studio is $900. Even if I were to work 40 hours, after taxes, I'd only have a little over $100 left after just paying rent. I just recently got a $0.24 raise which sounds like a joke. What do you expect from CEO companies. I don't expect to work here forever, though--but I have a few co-workers who have this job as a career and, as a result, have to work a second job as well. No one should have to work more than one job to get by.

Are you currently a student? Major?
No. I graduated college last year, and I majored in psychology. I was hoping I could get a job in the field as an entry, Bachelor's level, but they want experience. If somehow working cashier counts as experience, then I'm confused.

What are your career goals?
It's very, very broad. A ton of branches in psychology interest me. There's mental health counselor (more interested in anxiety), high school guidance counselor, neuropsychologist, school psychologist, neurologist, clinical psychologist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, and probably other stuff.

There isn't always enough money.

A doctors net per hour wage can be only a few dollars more than that of a high school teacher.
A resident doctor does makes about minimum wage though. A resident doctor is a licensed doctor after the internship.

The median gross income among internal medicine physicians is $205,441.7 The median gross income among high school teachers, including the value of benefits but excluding their pension, is about $50,000 per year.

Accounting for time spent training, student loan debt, years worked, hours worked per year and disproportionate income taxes – the net adjusted hourly wage of an internist is $34.46 per hour, while that of a high school teacher is $30.47 per hour.

Though the gross income of an internal medicine physician is 4 times that of a high school teacher, the adjusted net hourly wage of an internal medicine physician is only 1.13 times that of a high school teacher.

Most people would argue that high school teachers are not paid enough, yet for some reason most people would also argue that physicians are paid too much.

http://benbrownmd.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/informedconsent/

They are in America. They have every opportunity to get an education and a higher paying job if they don't want to work two.

I am also a cashier. Working with the public like that gives you a lot of experience with all sorts of people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff