• Elocutionist 200
Jesse Troy
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Jesse Troy
On Death Spiral
Jesse Troy
User Image

ummm

Last night I made a topic about the lifestyle of a doctor and a couple minutes ago I made one about the presidential election. Both were moved to the chatter box in seconds.
Our forum does not have an admin to watch over the moderators like the other ones do.

Weird.
Why?
I have no idea, but it explains a lot. I noticed this after trying to contact an admin in the Chatterbox about our issue. I actually just sent a huge complaint to this email about our mods: usertalk@gaiaonline.com, I suggest you do the same. No one is in charge of them right now so we really have nothing else we can do than to contact the big guys. emotion_brofist emotion_donotwant
Jesse Troy

This topic is stupid. No, doctors are not underpaid.
You won't be a done doctor untill your in your 40's right?
So how about calling this topic "During recidancy doctor students dont make enough money"

The whole post is just blabber, complaing about the salary you will make the first years, making it seem like doctors doesn't make enough money. 300.000 dollars is plenty. 200.000 dollars is plenty.

I would like to point out though, I truly and firmly believe a doctor should make more money then actors and actresses, and athletes, but unfortunatly we live in a crap world. I'd rather see a doctor make 100.000 dollars in a week over an athlete.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Jesse Troy
Dolce Rogue
My brother gets nothing for saving lives.
It's so sad. Good thing he's gonna finish his residency.
He's 32.

Congrats to your bro.
What type of doctor is he?

Well, he was an internist but decided to change his residency to cardiology during his last year, so he had to start all over again. He's in his third year now.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Where I am. Doctors are not underpaid, at all. But they are under fire because they have started talking about the insane wait times, and people dying while waiting for treatment and the government has told them to shut up or they will fire these doctors.
GS Sailor Midnight
The only reason why doctors would feel underpaid is because there's nothing left in their paychecks after they pay all their insurances.

And low residency pay.
And debt.
And Obama.

In a relationship with PoshuI

The main doctor in my town has an elevator in his house. No they are not underpaid.
Revie Creation
Do you think doctors are underpaid?
no, if they can afford to buy fancy cars and big a** houses, they're not underpaid, they're just bad with money. teachers are underpaid and anyone with a minimum wage job is underpaid

A doctors net per hour wage can be only a few dollars more than that of a high school teacher.
A resident doctor makes about minimum wage.

The median gross income among internal medicine physicians is $205,441.7 The median gross income among high school teachers, including the value of benefits but excluding their pension, is about $50,000 per year.

Accounting for time spent training, student loan debt, years worked, hours worked per year and disproportionate income taxes – the net adjusted hourly wage of an internist is $34.46 per hour, while that of a high school teacher is $30.47 per hour.

Though the gross income of an internal medicine physician is 4 times that of a high school teacher, the adjusted net hourly wage of an internal medicine physician is only 1.13 times that of a high school teacher.

Most people would argue that high school teachers are not paid enough, yet for some reason most people would also argue that physicians are paid too much.

http://benbrownmd.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/informedconsent/
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Jesse Troy
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Jesse Troy
On Death Spiral
Jesse Troy
User Image

ummm

Last night I made a topic about the lifestyle of a doctor and a couple minutes ago I made one about the presidential election. Both were moved to the chatter box in seconds.
Our forum does not have an admin to watch over the moderators like the other ones do.

Weird.
Why?
I have no idea, but it explains a lot. I noticed this after trying to contact an admin in the Chatterbox about our issue. I actually just sent a huge complaint to this email about our mods: usertalk@gaiaonline.com, I suggest you do the same. No one is in charge of them right now so we really have nothing else we can do than to contact the big guys. emotion_brofist emotion_donotwant

Did they respond to the email?

I'll send one later.

Some one who likes to write should come up with a temple everyone can use to flood them with emails.

Fashionable Heckler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If anything, it's good that doctors are underpaid at first. I hate it when people say they want to become a doctor just for the money, and I'll laugh in their face when they find out the truth.

Some doctors are underpaid, probably, but the ones that aren't (The stereotypical have-fancy-houses-and-cars) are the ones that where ambitious and worked hard enough to get to the top, and deserve their money. A rich man that spends all his life earning his money is happier than one that has it all handed to him.

I'd like to become a doctor or have some career in the medical field someday, but I'm only 14 so I can't exactly brag now, because I may change my decision later in life.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Definitely not. But I would never say they were overpaid either. I think they are paid just fine. Obviously, you're going to be ******** for a while while you're in the process of becoming a doctor, but once you're making your 250k a year, paying off student loans and debts won't be so difficult. Obviously, it's going to take a while, but the same can be said for any other profession.
BinaNeko
Jesse Troy

This topic is stupid. No, doctors are not underpaid.
You won't be a done doctor untill your in your 40's right?
So how about calling this topic "During recidancy doctor students dont make enough money"

The whole post is just blabber, complaing about the salary you will make the first years, making it seem like doctors doesn't make enough money. 300.000 dollars is plenty. 200.000 dollars is plenty.

I would like to point out though, I truly and firmly believe a doctor should make more money then actors and actresses, and athletes, but unfortunatly we live in a crap world. I'd rather see a doctor make 100.000 dollars in a week over an athlete.

At 31 I will be an MD.
After that I will have to take a board exam and apply for a medical license.
I will be a doctor during my residency. During the residency is when you determine your medical specialty.
I will be 37-39 at the end of my residency.

200k does sound like plenty. But you have to consider that during the 20 years it took to become a doctor you won't have an income and will be racking up 200k of debt that you have to pay back with interest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Awesome!

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Jesse Troy
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Jesse Troy
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Jesse Troy

Weird.
Why?

Did they respond to the email?

I'll send one later.

Some one who likes to write should come up with a temple everyone can use to flood them with emails.
I only just sent it so I might have to wait a bit for them to look into it some more. It was also a big email with lots of links and sources attached. xD

I like to write, but more in a creative manner than a formal one. I will do my best to get more people involved in this though.
Saying doctors should get paid more because they "save lives" is stupid. I would bet dollar bills that your average Paramedic saves more lives than any doctor ever will. Should they get paid millions for this?
Dolce Rogue
Jesse Troy
Dolce Rogue
My brother gets nothing for saving lives.
It's so sad. Good thing he's gonna finish his residency.
He's 32.

Congrats to your bro.
What type of doctor is he?

Well, he was an internist but decided to change his residency to cardiology during his last year, so he had to start all over again. He's in his third year now.

Cool.
Hearts and brains are body parts I want limited interaction with.
I would never want to be a neurosurgeon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff