No 0.77551020408163 77.6% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310

Actually, Paramedics go through more ongoing training than doctors do. Altogether 3 years at a community college + countless con ed hours to keep their certification.

I would've loved to had gone to med school, so I'm not hating on doctors lol. I just know that they shouldn't be complaining.

Doctors also have to renew licience and certifications. The education never really stops.

If you really would love to go to med school, you should do it.

I wish sad one of my biggest dreams. I'm a "field doctor". Could never afford to put myself through med school, my grades were never really stellar.

...my, the things I would go back and change given the chance.

I don't have the money, most people don't. They just really want it so they get as much aid and scholarships as they can and rack up a ton of debt.

There is always DO schools. They also like to see an upward swing.

Have you taken the premed courses? All these math and sciences are worth a lot of credit and should pull up your gpa.

I had wanted to join the Navy as a combat corpsman and have college and med school completely paid for. That was the best shot I had.

I think most of the military docs go to PCOM where the avg gpa is 3.45, science gpa 3.38, MCAT 27. They also offer a lot of aid. DOs and MDs are the same these days anyway.
http://www.pcom.edu/Admissions/adm_FAQs/DoFaqs.html
Jesse Troy
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310

Actually, Paramedics go through more ongoing training than doctors do. Altogether 3 years at a community college + countless con ed hours to keep their certification.

I would've loved to had gone to med school, so I'm not hating on doctors lol. I just know that they shouldn't be complaining.

Doctors also have to renew licience and certifications. The education never really stops.

If you really would love to go to med school, you should do it.

I wish sad one of my biggest dreams. I'm a "field doctor". Could never afford to put myself through med school, my grades were never really stellar.

I don't have the money, most people don't. They just really want it so they get as much aid and scholarships as they can and rack up a ton of debt.

Have you taken the premed courses? All these math and sciences are worth a lot of credit and should pull up your gpa.

I had wanted to join the Navy as a combat corpsman and have college and med school completely paid for. That was the best shot I had.

I think most of the military docs go to PCOM where the avg gpa is 3.45, science gpa 3.38, MCAT 27. They also offer a lot of aid. DOs and MDs are the same these days anyway.

I'd have to take a mock MCAT; I just know that I excel in the medical field. Average never dropped below a 3.5 in EMT school (or with various online health sciences).
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310

I'd have to take a mock MCAT; I just know that I excel in the medical field. Average never dropped below a 3.5 in EMT school (or with various online health sciences).

Looks like you have a shot then.
FYI, the MCAT is changing. Be sure to get prep stuff for the new one.
Jesse Troy
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I'll definitely give it some thought! Good luck to you!
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310
Jesse Troy
medic61310

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I'll definitely give it some thought! Good luck to you!

No prob.
I hope you go for it.
Thank you biggrin

Ruthless Gekko

The whole system is ********. Overpaying just to see a doctor for something that may not be wrong. Insurance charging an arm and a leg and still leaving large holes in coverage. Doctors are not paid enough. There seems to be no win for anyone.

I have a new doctor for my baby and myself. I am guessing he is probably in a lot of debt after getting out of school. I think he gets the s**t end of the stick because he is working at a clinic that offers a sliding scale fee and accepts state insurance that is given mostly to baby mommas that refuse to work a day in their lives. You can tell the poor guy is tired. I think everyone has been dragging their babies to him; I have noticed he was thankful that my child is one of the calm ones. Don't worry, I have private insurance. xP
are they under paid no. is what they have to pay out for insurance for all kinds of things over the top ye.
i use to work with my mom cleaning for a doctor and after seeing the way his family lived there is no way i would ever say that he was under paid. hell the man retired and moved to florida when he was only in his mid 40s early 50s and still has his house here 3nodding

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Do you think doctors are underpaid?
Of course not, they went into the profession and agreed with the wages, I couldn't care less (and biggest load of bull crap I've heard!!!)

Do you want to be a doctor?
I used to but not anymore

How well do you think your compensated for your work?
I compensate a lot

Are you currently a student? Major?
I used to be a student nurse

How much school have your completed? How much do you have left?
Up to first year at University (I was 20)

What are your career goals?
Author

Sorry, but until doctors can improve on their bedside manners, politeness, and do their jobs right I won't and never will have sympathy for them.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Everyone says theyre underpaid. Not that it makes your issue less valid. Just pointing it out.

User ImageUser Image
It's true being a doctor isn't as profitable as it used to be. Between med school costs and malpractice insurance, it can really eat into your salary.

Still, it seems like most of them live pretty comfortably, and certainly not in poverty, so I don't think they have much room to complain.
It's hard to say.

On the one hand, doctors in America make much more than doctors elsewhere in the first world, and that's a big part of why healthcare is so expensive here. So it's hard to say they're underpaid.

On the other hand, being a doctor sounds miserable. All the pre-meds I know are miserable, all the medical students I know are miserable. The life of a resident sounds like a combination of slave labor and a concentration camp. The grown-up doctors I know don't seem too happy either. I would never want to be a doctor, not even if they were paid 50% more than they are now. So it's hard to say they aren't underpaid.

Clearly one big problem that we have is that America has such a plutocracy that people are admired and respected much more for what they have than what they do. If people looked up to doctors and treated them with respect in their jobs and their daily lives that would be one thing, but as it is they're like third-rate lawyers.
Chief Chicken Choker II
The whole system is ********. Overpaying just to see a doctor for something that may not be wrong. Insurance charging an arm and a leg and still leaving large holes in coverage. Doctors are not paid enough. There seems to be no win for anyone.

I have a new doctor for my baby and myself. I am guessing he is probably in a lot of debt after getting out of school. I think he gets the s**t end of the stick because he is working at a clinic that offers a sliding scale fee and accepts state insurance that is given mostly to baby mommas that refuse to work a day in their lives. You can tell the poor guy is tired. I think everyone has been dragging their babies to him; I have noticed he was thankful that my child is one of the calm ones. Don't worry, I have private insurance. xP

There are some programs that if a doctor works for an X amount of time in an low income area that needs doctors they will get some of their debt paid off.

Magical Transform

[American] Doctors are not necessarily underpaid. The REAL problem is that Medical School doesn't get subsidized like it should.

But leave it to our country to spend half its cash on guns and throw the doctors at the mercy of student loans, eh?
Maybe if medical school didn't cost a stupid amount of money, and they didn't have that little unpaid residency. It's really hard for anyone to pay off their student debt these days, even if they have a high salary.
HappysEnding
Maybe if medical school didn't cost a stupid amount of money, and they didn't have that little unpaid residency. It's really hard for anyone to pay off their student debt these days, even if they have a high salary.

Not exactly true. My sister had a shitload of student loans to pay, after she graduated from nurses college, and got a job at a hospital asap. She paid it off within a year. I think less than that actually. I think it really depends on how good you are with your money, and how you decide to budge your finances. And she didn't get any help from my parents or anything. She did everything on her own. I've heard of doctors getting their parents to pay off their student loans. If not all.. quite a large sum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff