Bar soap or liquid soap?

Male. Bar of soap 0.060344827586207 6.0% [ 7 ]
Male. Body wash 0.12068965517241 12.1% [ 14 ]
Female. Bar of soap 0.25 25.0% [ 29 ]
Female. Body wash 0.56896551724138 56.9% [ 66 ]
Total Votes:[ 116 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Tipsy Codger

Do you use soap or body wash? Regardless, can someone recommend one to me that's good for sensitive, dry skin?

Invisible Exhibitionist

13,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I have very sensitive skin, and I use a bar soap (although the brand I use has recently come out with a liquid form as well). It's Organic Goat's Milk soap. I get it in packs of twelve at Costco.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

My fiance has bad eczema flare ups on his body when he gets really stressed. So he uses Dove Sensitive in soap bar form. Its unscented and hypoallergenic.

I don't have sensitive skin so I use shower gel, and whatever is on offer.

Invisible Lunatic

Liquid. I always drop the soap otherwise.

Fashionable Shopper

I use Aveeno for sensitive skin. The one I get is shower gel.

Timid Lunatic

User Image

I alternate between the two. I like to get stuff that's made naturally, or smells nice. Right now I have a bar of coffee-based soap I just got the other day to try. :3

For sensitive skin, try things with aloe! My skin is sensitive too, and I've always found that aloe works really well.

User Image

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Irish Spring Original scent bar soap. We also get ours in 12 packs from Costco.

Anything from Dove or Burt's Bees is great for dry sensitive skin.

Lavish Loiterer

I alternate between bar soap and liquid soap. Right now I'm using bar soap from Lush since my skin has been feeling dry lately.

Enduring Phantom

liquid. Smells better, less drying.
Whatever is the cheapest for liquid soap.

Liberal Fairy

Liberal Receiver

The entire house primarily uses liquid because my husband can't stand the slimy feeling of bar soap.
I use Olay anti-aging, it doesn't give me any issues, nor my husband when he's had to use it. I have mildly sensitive skin(eczema.), he has very sensitive skin.
Dove is another good brand for sensitive skin, just where I am, Olay is cheaper.

Conservative Victory

I use body wash. My skin is very sensitive so I have tried all sorts of products from bar soaps to body washes. I find the Dove products have worked best so far. I used to use a hypoallergenic bar from Dove but I hated the fact that it had no scent to it so I upgraded to the Dove Men+Care products. The bar soap and the body wash work great for me and I like the scents. Using lotion would also not be a bad idea either for your dry skin. My hands and face can dry out bad so I use lotion to help with that. I use the Neutrogena hand cream and the Jergens ultra healing moisturizer. I have noticed some improvements from using them.
Body wash. I hate bar soap. I don't feel like it really cleans me and I feel like I'm just waxy afterwards.

My boyfriend has dry skin and he's always used Irish Spring mostorizing one or whatever it's called. Comes in bar and body wash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff