• Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Silly Annie
Chieftain Twilight
Silly Annie
I aint ever even touched one man
what if I break it or somethin

mine's got a cracked screen. still works fine.
I know Id drop it out a window or somethin

with a pessimistic attitude like that, your bound to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. don't have expectations, be they good or bad. instead, learn to prepeare for teh worste, hope for the best, and take the good with the bad. smile

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raven Winter
I think of it as my phone/messager/handheld computer/calendar/alarm clock/xiangqi player/kana and kanji textbook/camera/video player/backup GPS.

And sometimes I play other video games on it.

I should learn that game.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight

wait, so you are using facebook to talk to people who don't know you well enough to exchange numbers? that seems.... odd.

I mean, you do whatever you wanna do. I"m just sayin', it seems silly to me to be having all these different social media accounts.

Some of them are from games, some from camp and some from various schools. Some are from church and some are my mom's friends, and people I've used to know well. I don't care that they are on Facebook but they don't need my phone number.

maybe I'm just different. I don't really Facebook that many people I don't also talk to on the phone. some Gaia folks, and people that are in organizations I follow. but that's it, really.

I just use Facebook for several groups (a game I play and a camp I belong to) and for messaging. Like, basically I text with Facebook.

sweatdrop

but you could use the game sites that you met them on for that, and use Facebook for organizing events with people you actually know. because that's what FB is actually useful for.

Nope. The game sitedon't have instant messaging. Which is my preferred method of communication on my phone. Only a few people I use actual text with. I have some friends who can't afford cells with texting so we communicate via Facebook chat. I don't want to organize events in Facebook because I don't organize events. Lol my phone is more than capable of running all these apps

a game that doesn't let you talk in real time to eachother? talk2hand s**t game, then.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Chieftain Twilight
Raven Winter
I think of it as my phone/messager/handheld computer/calendar/alarm clock/xiangqi player/kana and kanji textbook/camera/video player/backup GPS.

I honestly just learned it the other day. I picked up a set at a gift shop. I want to learn go, actually.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight
Raven Winter

I honestly just learned it the other day. I picked up a set at a gift shop. I want to learn go, actually.

is that the japanese game with the mix of chess pieces and funny tablet pieces?

Fashionable Shopper

Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight

maybe I'm just different. I don't really Facebook that many people I don't also talk to on the phone. some Gaia folks, and people that are in organizations I follow. but that's it, really.

I just use Facebook for several groups (a game I play and a camp I belong to) and for messaging. Like, basically I text with Facebook.

sweatdrop

but you could use the game sites that you met them on for that, and use Facebook for organizing events with people you actually know. because that's what FB is actually useful for.

Nope. The game sitedon't have instant messaging. Which is my preferred method of communication on my phone. Only a few people I use actual text with. I have some friends who can't afford cells with texting so we communicate via Facebook chat. I don't want to organize events in Facebook because I don't organize events. Lol my phone is more than capable of running all these apps

a game that doesn't let you talk in real time to eachother? talk2hand s**t game, then.

Oh no you can talk in-game. However, I enjoy talking out of game when I'm not playing the game. I also have several friends who I used to play a game with and none of us play said game anymore. So we communicate via either text or fb messenger.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight

sweatdrop

Oh no you can talk in-game. However, I enjoy talking out of game when I'm not playing the game. I also have several friends who I used to play a game with and none of us play said game anymore. So we communicate via either text or fb messenger.

ok, I see now.

Fashionable Shopper

Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight

sweatdrop

ok, I see now.

Yeah, like you can talk in game but on their site with forums you cannot instant message. So for messages we talk through whatever we want to. I don't give my facebook to everyone in game. I only give it to people I want to pursue friendships with.
This is a intresting topic. I think fifth graders that have iphones and smartphones use them as toys. I mean pretty much all they do is play games and mybe text a few of their friends that are lucky ebough to even have a cellphone at that age. When you get to highschool, people use then.somewhat of a toy but i know during my senior year i sould download schoology app (some website that our work would be posted). And look stuff up on my smartphone if the teacher allowed us too. (Most of the time,they did)..did i still go on instagram and snapchat?yes.but i did do.school related stuff on my phone also. Ive.notived since i have graduated highschool..(im working at 2 jobsand going to.school on jan) i do play alot on my phone (mostly bc im.not.in school.currently) but i do job stuff on ny phone..finish college applications,look.up college stuff on my phone. For people who are in college,they tend to use their phone less to play with and more to maybe keep in contact with family members,do research on their smartphones etc.once you get to college you have to find every possible means of doing research

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight

sweatdrop

ok, I see now.

Yeah, like you can talk in game but on their site with forums you cannot instant message. So for messages we talk through whatever we want to. I don't give my facebook to everyone in game. I only give it to people I want to pursue friendships with.

that makes sense. I would honestly choose not to play on a game like that, though, usually. there should be a forum site attached to it.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Queen Of H3arts
This is a intresting topic. I think fifth graders that have iphones and smartphones use them as toys. I mean pretty much all they do is play games and mybe text a few of their friends that are lucky ebough to even have a cellphone at that age. When you get to highschool, people use then.somewhat of a toy but i know during my senior year i sould download schoology app (some website that our work would be posted). And look stuff up on my smartphone if the teacher allowed us too. (Most of the time,they did)..did i still go on instagram and snapchat?yes.but i did do.school related stuff on my phone also. Ive.notived since i have graduated highschool..(im working at 2 jobsand going to.school on jan) i do play alot on my phone (mostly bc im.not.in school.currently) but i do job stuff on ny phone..finish college applications,look.up college stuff on my phone. For people who are in college,they tend to use their phone less to play with and more to maybe keep in contact with family members,do research on their smartphones etc.once you get to college you have to find every possible means of doing research

can you maybe find app to correct your grammar? xp your spelling and punctuation are atrocious.

also, way to generalize. not all kids just play games and text their friends, you know. there are some hard-working preteens out there.
Why does it matter to you if full-grown adults have cell phones? I am a college student and have a smart phone. I also pay for the service for that phone every month.

Springtime Snack

I mean it is a valuable tool at one point. But once they start seeing for everything but being a PHONE is when it get's silly. Get an iPad, Tablet, or good laptop for the extras.

Fashionable Shopper

Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight
LilPinkCandy
Chieftain Twilight

ok, I see now.

that makes sense. I would honestly choose not to play on a game like that, though, usually. there should be a forum site attached to it.

There is and you can send PMs but it's not like instant messaging out of game. If I wanted to send PMs I'd just go in game and send a mail through the game. Like I said though, the ones I talk to through various messengers I talk to because I want to talk out of game and away from the game.
Chieftain Twilight
Queen Of H3arts

can you maybe find app to correct your grammar? xp your spelling and punctuation are atrocious.

also, way to generalize. not all kids just play games and text their friends, you know. there are some hard-working preteens out there.

i apologize.. i actually have the gaia app on my phone and so i wrote that long paragraph on my smartphone. xp sorry for the atrocious grammar. Also i didn't mean to say that ALL preteen play games on their phones. im just saying alot of them do. OK.?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff