Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you ever remembered things about your relationship with your ex, that are happy, eventhough you are entirely happy with your current partner? How did that make you feel and what was the memory? Do you think it is bad to remember the past? Also, will you always still have some feelings for an ex, eventhough you know that you won't act upon it?
YES. the other day, i reconnected with one of my exes, and we spent the whole day reminiscing about how "wonderful" our relationship was, even though when we were in it, we were unhappy. ;]

Tipsy Sophomore

7,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
Come to realize it, I find my ex more boring than my current boyfriend.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Dolly Says:
When I think about it, no I haven't o:

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I'm still in my first relationship. It's the only one I plan on having.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

no, not really
and I don't think it's wrong that you still have feelings for your ex
just don't act upon them

I tend to think too much of the past, which then effects my present&future more than likely. Often, it has become a habit that I don't really pay attention too much. My current relationship has lasted longer than my past. And I am not too bothered by the fact it has only been five months. My first one - eh I'd rather not disclose, I am so tired of dwelling on that one it isn't even worth it. The second one - not as bad. But he was far too busy for things to get anywhere. >.< I think, believe, and hope that things work out with this one. Let's hope I don't screw up anything. sweatdrop

'End

Benevolent Fatcat

I'm not with anyone right now.

I'm very happy being single.

But even so, yes, sometimes odd things remind me of one person in particular that I loved. I always seem to remember this person when it snows at night. Also when I hear the song "Bittersweet Symphony" I can't help but get this nostalgic feeling for this person. xD

So in my case yes as well, although I'm very happy with my situation and I would not get back together with this person. Poignant reminders are a part of life, but they always pass. :B

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I remember my exes fondly because, they are always going to be important to me.
I don't like to burn my bridges and, yes, I remember things about our relationships that were amazing. But the things I remember are things that could have happened with anyone and because of that, it's like remembering a friend more than an ex.

And it isn't wrong.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

I don't have any exes, so no.
whee
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
I like to remember the nice times I had with my ex. We're good friends again and sometimes the memories come back and make me smile.
I think really everyone remembers happy things about their exes, because every relationship has its happy moments, even some of the abusive ones. (I'm not in any way saying that an abusive relationship is a happy one, definitely not, I'm just trying to say... most people are in a relationship because they're happy with the other person, at least at first.)

I certainly remember a lot of happy things about my relationship with my ex, despite the fact that I can definitely see my new boyfriend and I lasting a long, long time. I embrace those memories (my favourite one is when we were sitting in a park and he turned my face towards his and kissed me softly on the lips); why try to shun what's happened to you in the past? It's happened, and you should just enjoy the moments that the two of you had. I'll always have some feelings for my ex; that doesn't mean I'll ever, ever act on it. He treated me so well pre-breakup (which was mutual) and we're still friends, so of course I'll still have some feelings. But they're neither as strong or as insistent as they used to be.
Yeah, I've been happily single for about 18 months now... But I still remember ex's and the happy memories we had together... But that's important...
It's no good to spend all this special time with someone only to deliberately ignore the memories once you've ended your relationship...
Just because you've gone your seperate ways (for whatever reason) doesn't mean you can't enjoy the happy memories...
I remember times when I was happy with an ex.

I'm happier with who I'm with now, so those feelings are meaningless ;D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces