Total Votes:[ 46 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Vishin
AkioMaster
I was blessed with not having crazy roommates. However, living with three other people (usually people I didn't know) was overwhelming. I really hope I don't have to ever do that again.

Right now I'm living with my parents again until my new job starts. I have the whole upstairs to myself since my brother is away at college, so it's nice.

I find the people I live with overwhelming even if they're quiet, but I have social anxiety and being around anyone I don't know well gets under my skin.

I bet having that much space to yourself is nice whee

It's such a nice change of pace.

I don't think I could actually live by myself, though. I think I'd be fine living with one other person.
LilPinkCandy
Smashed Cupcake

5.) Just threw her pads/tampons in the bathroom's garbage. Maybe I was just taught differently, but that s**t would smell up the bathroom!

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

Haha, then where are you supposed to put them? Go outside every 30 minutes??? How odd....

User Image
How can you measure up?

My mom never made me take them outside, I had to buy specific little scented bags, put the pad in it, wrap it up, then throw it in the garbage.

Fashionable Shopper

Smashed Cupcake
LilPinkCandy
Smashed Cupcake

5.) Just threw her pads/tampons in the bathroom's garbage. Maybe I was just taught differently, but that s**t would smell up the bathroom!

User Image

Haha, then where are you supposed to put them? Go outside every 30 minutes??? How odd....

User Image
How can you measure up?

My mom never made me take them outside, I had to buy specific little scented bags, put the pad in it, wrap it up, then throw it in the garbage.

User Image

I have never heard of buying scented bags for that. I've just always rolled it up in toilet paper, tissues or the next pad wrapper.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Do you ever feel like your roommates will kill you in your sleep one day?
I lived with two roommates over the summer and hated it. It had a lot to do with the house we were renting (tiny open concept mobile home with basically cardboard for doors) but also passive-aggressiveness or just inconsiderateness from the roommates.

I live with my boyfriend's parents right now while we're finishing building our house and while I have issues with my schedule conflicting theirs (I work, they're retired), it's a little easier since we're not on top of each other. While my house is going to be small, BF and I made sure that we'll each have a space we can go to when we need alone time. We have slightly different time preferences (I'm a morning person, he's a night person) but we try to be considerate of the other person sleeping.
LilPinkCandy
Smashed Cupcake
LilPinkCandy
Smashed Cupcake

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

User Image

I have never heard of buying scented bags for that. I've just always rolled it up in toilet paper, tissues or the next pad wrapper.

User Image
How can you measure up?

My mom was extremely particular about that sort of thing. See, at least you wrapped yours in the next pad's wrapper. She wouldn't. So when you went to the bathroom, you saw the... side with the blood. gonk

Fashionable Shopper

Smashed Cupcake
LilPinkCandy
Smashed Cupcake
LilPinkCandy
Smashed Cupcake

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

My mom was extremely particular about that sort of thing. See, at least you wrapped yours in the next pad's wrapper. She wouldn't. So when you went to the bathroom, you saw the... side with the blood. gonk

User Image

Ewww... now I see why you get mad.

User Image
How can you measure up?

No, I don't have roommates I still live at home.
If I had roommates I'd choose people I love being around. c:

Snow Chil

22,350 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
Through the course of college, I had 9 roommates. I'm still on good terms with all of them but 1.
2 of them I am in close contact with and we still hang out outside of college.

I think the lack of privacy is what gets to a person most. When you have enough people sharing a place, you are almost never there alone.. and sometimes it would be nice to be alone.
I remember going to the stairwell to make private phone calls. neutral

Questionable Conversationalist

I've been living with three roommates since August. We all have separate rooms and share two bathrooms.

I honestly haven't interacted with them much at all and don't recognize them when I see them out and about. I actually can't tell the difference between the girls in A and D either. We don't hang out though they all bring friends to hang out in the common room. I don't mind that, even if they're partying until well into the wee hours, the noise is actually comforting to me.

They're also all night owls so not being the only one still awake at 4am is kind of interesting, hearing their TVs or music or bumbling around. My only complaint is that the girl I share a bathroom with never stocks her own toilet paper and won't change out a new roll if she uses the last bit. I even tried to play nice and tell her "My TP is under the sink, feel free to use it" but she will take off the empty cardboard tube and put the plastic rod back but she won't change a new roll. ******** makes my skin crawl with annoyance.

I had a roommate in a double room last year, only complaint I had was when she brought her boyfriend in and they had sex while I was trying to sleep on the other side of the room. God it smelt awful and was just awkward as ********]

Dedicated Lovergirl

10,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
4 of us in a house...3 girls and one guy. We all get annoyed about certain chores every few months but other than that we get along great smile

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
I have one roommate and we get along splendidly! We just got assigned together at the dorms, total luck!
Well, she leaves on Friday night and comes back on Sunday night for accountability, with bruises and bite marks all over her that she refuses to explain... me being the nice gentleman that i am I ask and get worried for her but of course she doesnt want to talk sad

Other than that she's an utter delight, and her mother sends stuff like hot cocoa mix and tomato soup to share between us.
I've had random roommates and suitemates and it did not work out too well. My roommate now is my bestie and we get along great. Of course there are little quirks to her, but I'm sure I have my annoying quirks as well. We do good together emotion_bigheart like going to cons, shopping, eating, sharing clothing, makeup, etc.
antimatter
Robot Giny
What's the difference between a roommate, a housemate, and a flatmate?

I'm not entirely certain, but it seems to be something like this. Roommate is a more American term, and is sometimes used to describe someone you share an actual room with, like at a University campus. But also seems to be used sometimes to describe other people you share a house with that have separate bedrooms. But some people call that housemate.

Flatmate is a commonly used term in many countries outside of America. It is most often describing someone that you share a house with where people have their own bedrooms.

So they're pretty similar, sort of just a regional difference. Like sidewalk and footpath.

If someone else knows more than me. feel free to elaborate! That's only what I picked up and inferred myself.

Roommate = sleeps in same room with you
Suitemate = two different places that share a bathroom. These are usually only seen in dorms.
Flatmate = lives in same house/apartment but has own room

emotion_yatta

Capitalist

i live in a shared house wid 2 of my best mates and a dog. we all get along. though all we really do is get drunk every night.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff