Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shopper

User Image
Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?

I don't get labeled and labels really weren't apart of my school. My class had one clique that was like 6 girls and that was mostly it. But labels weren't something that existed in my high school. It never existed really beyond high school either. Sometimes my friends talk about being nerds.... but really, they are.

I don't know that I really fall into many 'normal' labels such as goth, prep, scene, emo, etc.
However, I am: Christian, poet, song lyric writer, and a heart patient.
I don't know that they are 'labels' those as opposed to things that describe me.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Dapper Phantom

Silence_Walker
Desideraht
Oh. I've known a couple psychopaths. They tend to have huge emotional outbursts and be really manipulative. Though I am intrigued by sociopathy. I don't hurt animals/people but I have a weird visual obsession with a lot of that stuff. I don't know if that makes me a "vanilla sociopath" or if I'm just a weirdo.

LOL so you REALLY think that was a reasonable rant? I mean I don't know how anyone could watch that 12 minute tangent and not be embarrassed for him and the entire Republican party. He is far from a badass. He really made a fool of himself up there, and people cheered wildly. I don't get it, honestly. When Bush was in office, you were a terrorist for speaking ill of him. But Obama? You can talk all sorts of s**t, and that's "freedom of speech". He's the ******** president, and people have no respect.

I'm not really sure where you're from, but here, people bitched about Bush all the time he was office, and even when he got out. He came to my college as part of a "distinguished lecturer" series, and all these hyper-liberal kids protested and called him a war criminal and such. No one batted an eye. What I've seen is if someone talks bad about Obama it's "you're a racist".
I don't think the speech was particularly well done, but people were also claiming it was proof of his senility, because the retards can't ******** understand SATIRE.
I personally dislike the Barack Obama, based both on his policies and personality, I have a virulent hatred for liberal ideology, and I will tell you I did not vote for the man in 2008. BUT, I will agree that as president, that affords him a certain level of respect. People don't even criticize his words or actions, they just spout bile and wanton hate.
It's not the same as people allowed to constantly talk about killing Obama because he's a "******".

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Most of my friends talk about me to people they know like I'm some horrible thing beyond sanity and I'm always afraid I won't live up to the hype.

Noob

Hipster. I can't label how many times I've been labelled as a hipster. It's actually true, honestly. I'm always the fan before it's famous.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

I get called hipster a lot.
Meh idgaf.

Dapper Lunatic

I remember back in middle school I was using the blade of a scissor to lightly scratch an itch on the back of my hand. (Yeah, I guess you could say I was weird then.) Then someone looked at me and blurted the emo word out.

I dislike it when people over-use the word "emo." I have something against that word. I don't like how some people use it to insult depressed people, or how some people lump goth/punk/dark people together and call them "emo."

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Desideraht
It's not the same as people allowed to constantly talk about killing Obama because he's a "******".

Well yeah, that's the kind of behavior that's just ******** stupid.
Those are bigots, and they have bigger problems than being disrespectful to the CIC.

Dapper Phantom

Silence_Walker
Desideraht

Those are bigots, and they have bigger problems than being disrespectful to the CIC.
There was a case where a man had a t-shirt "insulting" George Bush on when he was in the airport and they would not let him board the plan. Tell me that is not infringing upon freedom of speech. People can hate Obama as much as they want to though. You know why? Because he isn't that petty.

Dangerous Regular

I never understood what people hated about labels. I've always found them to be a useful tool.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I have no need for lables. I am what i choose to be.

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Desideraht
Silence_Walker
Desideraht

There was a case where a man had a t-shirt "insulting" George Bush on when he was in the airport and they would not let him board the plan. Tell me that is not infringing upon freedom of speech. People can hate Obama as much as they want to though. You know why? Because he isn't that petty.

Yep, that's pretty much blatant disregard for amendment 1.
Although, if I remember correctly, that incident happened pretty soon after 9/11.
It was a...weird time, to say the least.
He's probably not petty like that kind of petty.
He does seem rather arrogant and communist-y.
Although I lean so far libertarian, anything else looks communist by comparison.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
Whatever label I fit into, people certainly don't call me a poser. I can dress drastically towards a certain fashion element while avoiding labels. It's neat. When it rains, I wear all black, cargo jeans, long black coat, but nothing additional that would pertain to the goth style, like metal or makeup or accessories. Aside from fashion, I guess one could call me a loner, but that's because people in the north suck at human interaction.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The only label that's ever truly fit me is Eclectic. And that's not even to describe my personality, just my outward appearance.
            My personality just throws people off. I've yet to have a professional or a group of people label me with a single definition other than short-term name calling to insult me.
            As to being labeled.. I see nothing wrong with the practice in a very broad, generalized sense. I see a problem with it when people do it just so they can drive complaints and insults. I also see it as a highschool use of identifying with a clique of interest to derive self-imagined importance.
            To all of which I just laugh at. Especially people who use very general terms to describe things that are otherwise not that similar other than a broad trait like skin color or hair style.

freelance lover
Seeing as I'm a college grad and most people stop labeling after high school... no, no label here.

Lol, no, plenty of people continue to use labels to describe others and lump them into groups well into their adult life. I've been out of high school for a decade and still see it, people just don't blurt it out like in high school.

Anyway, I remember one day specifically in freshman year of high school where I wore my favorite shirt (which happened to be black) with my only clean pair of jeans (also black). My hair was long, and is naturally very dark. People started asking me if I was "goth" because of it. Later in my high school life, being a loner for the most part, with the subculture of "emo" starting out (yay early 2000's), I was called both goth and emo on many occasion. Also, being an artist, meant many variations of "weirdo" and "freak" came up.
I haven't been called a poseur, that I know of. But I do get mis-labeled as a punk because of my mohawk.
Track01_Rebuild
freelance lover
Seeing as I'm a college grad and most people stop labeling after high school... no, no label here.

Lol, no, plenty of people continue to use labels to describe others and lump them into groups well into their adult life. I've been out of high school for a decade and still see it, people just don't blurt it out like in high school.

Anyway, I remember one day specifically in freshman year of high school where I wore my favorite shirt (which happened to be black) with my only clean pair of jeans (also black). My hair was long, and is naturally very dark. People started asking me if I was "goth" because of it. Later in my high school life, being a loner for the most part, with the subculture of "emo" starting out (yay early 2000's), I was called both goth and emo on many occasion. Also, being an artist, meant many variations of "weirdo" and "freak" came up.
I haven't been called a poseur, that I know of. But I do get mis-labeled as a punk because of my mohawk.

In my experience, labeling like "goth" "emo" "prep" etc doesn't really exist out of high school. Maybe in some social circles, but I haven't encountered it at all. Obviously labeling in the form of passing judgement or categorization exists at all ages, but I haven't heard anyone be like "What an emo freak" since high school. Maybe it's just because I run with a diverse crowd though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff