Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

iDolli
Desideraht

People around where I live tend to not understand that not being happy with your gender is not the equivalent of being unhappy with your sexual orientation. To them, it is all the same, although I guess I cannot be completely without sympathy for a lack of understanding and education surrounding such things. Although, they have been surprisingly good at calling me by my real name finally, well that and the "woman-hater", but I haven't heard my birth name in years 3nodding

I have been labeled as a child murderer/murderer/potential rapist ever since one of my exes leaked some of my old art. I do guro art and tend to go a bit...extreme for most people's tastes. I also freaked out my next-door neighbor, the one who called the police on me, when she walked in on me in the middle of a suspension. I think I traumatized the poor woman, but ever since she walked through my door that day (the locks were broken) I get bibles sent to my house, essays on why movies like Strangeland should be banned, and random visits from the friendly, local authorities everytime a kid/pet/anyone goes missing in my town. So I guess, I have an extra hatred for stereotypes at this point because of the influence it has had on my current life.
I think to be called a poseur by such people would have to be quite ironic haha xD The forum is slowing down because of the time, so I shall disappear for now, good luck! If you ever need another labeled "freak" to talk to, you can always message haha xD
It can be hard to explain to people if they already think that sexuality is a "choice" or something like that.

I don't like to include guts in my art, but I do like a lot of blood and sometimes exposed bones. For some reason, I find bits of organs that look like bloody cereal unappealing. I personally could never go as far as suspension (that's when you put hooks through your skin and hang, right?)... I do like some weird stuff, though. I wouldn't ever be "caught" doing anything too extreme, though. I honestly don't have time for anything all that interesting.

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Desideraht
geminikitten
Desideraht
geminikitten
I just get called a hobo. neutral Since that's how I dress most of the time.

I tend to shock them when I'm in my work or outing gear. Only wear that stuff to 'fit in' since they might kick us out of the restaurants I go too and business clothes is self-explanatory.

Don't have a label past that.
I wear workout clothes (which I don't think that's what you're talking about? I'm a little confused on that) a lot when I'm not wearing full punk/goth/other alt gear. Some people think it's weird because I can go from hardcore to wearing exercise clothes, though I do make sure all my exercise clothes are black, lol.

I meant business suit and that since I jump between normal people and 'high class' places. (I don't fit comfortably in the latter).

Yeah... those two are quite a jump. @_@ I can't actually imagine any of my punk/goth friends in exercise gear.
Ohh, I see.

It's weird, isn't it? But I don't want to work out in all those accessories. I have to wear stuff that's form-fitting to exercise comfortably. A lot of punk/goth people aren't in shape, too, though. I want to have nice abs, lol.

xp I'd be curious to see before/after pics.
Let's see...by far the label I get most is nerd/geek. Which I'm fine with, it's fitting, so meh. I get the general label weird a fair amount, which is again sorta fitting, because I find a wide variety of things fascinating, and sometimes can be...too fascinated, I suppose.

I think the least common I've heard was closet goth. Which, I can see where they were coming from, so I guess it does fit to a degree.

Dapper Phantom

geminikitten
Desideraht
geminikitten
Desideraht
geminikitten

I tend to shock them when I'm in my work or outing gear. Only wear that stuff to 'fit in' since they might kick us out of the restaurants I go too and business clothes is self-explanatory.

I wear workout clothes (which I don't think that's what you're talking about? I'm a little confused on that) a lot when I'm not wearing full punk/goth/other alt gear. Some people think it's weird because I can go from hardcore to wearing exercise clothes, though I do make sure all my exercise clothes are black, lol.

I meant business suit and that since I jump between normal people and 'high class' places. (I don't fit comfortably in the latter).

Yeah... those two are quite a jump. @_@ I can't actually imagine any of my punk/goth friends in exercise gear.
Ohh, I see.

It's weird, isn't it? But I don't want to work out in all those accessories. I have to wear stuff that's form-fitting to exercise comfortably. A lot of punk/goth people aren't in shape, too, though. I want to have nice abs, lol.

Of my gut, or my clothes? I only have a before pic of my stomach:

User Image

Basically it's too plain. I'd like to add some minor definition if I can.

As for clothes, I don't have any photos of my workout outfit, but it's very simple. Black tank, tight black shorts, and usually sandals. Sometimes barefoot. Those shorts in the pic are my workout shorts, lol

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Desideraht
geminikitten
Desideraht
geminikitten
Desideraht
geminikitten

Ohh, I see.

Of my gut, or my clothes? I only have a before pic of my stomach:

User Image

Basically it's too plain. I'd like to add some minor definition if I can.

As for clothes, I don't have any photos of my workout outfit, but it's very simple. Black tank, tight black shorts, and usually sandals. Sometimes barefoot. Those shorts in the pic are my workout shorts, lol

Clothes lol. Ah wells.

Consumer

i can't think of any label that applies to me

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Desideraht
Oh. I've known a couple psychopaths. They tend to have huge emotional outbursts and be really manipulative. Though I am intrigued by sociopathy. I don't hurt animals/people but I have a weird visual obsession with a lot of that stuff. I don't know if that makes me a "vanilla sociopath" or if I'm just a weirdo.

LOL so you REALLY think that was a reasonable rant? I mean I don't know how anyone could watch that 12 minute tangent and not be embarrassed for him and the entire Republican party. He is far from a badass. He really made a fool of himself up there, and people cheered wildly. I don't get it, honestly. When Bush was in office, you were a terrorist for speaking ill of him. But Obama? You can talk all sorts of s**t, and that's "freedom of speech". He's the ******** president, and people have no respect.

I'm not really sure where you're from, but here, people bitched about Bush all the time he was office, and even when he got out. He came to my college as part of a "distinguished lecturer" series, and all these hyper-liberal kids protested and called him a war criminal and such. No one batted an eye. What I've seen is if someone talks bad about Obama it's "you're a racist".
I don't think the speech was particularly well done, but people were also claiming it was proof of his senility, because the retards can't ******** understand SATIRE.
I personally dislike the Barack Obama, based both on his policies and personality, I have a virulent hatred for liberal ideology, and I will tell you I did not vote for the man in 2008. BUT, I will agree that as president, that affords him a certain level of respect. People don't even criticize his words or actions, they just spout bile and wanton hate.

Shirtless Shopper

If people talk about me it's usually "that blonde girl"

I like to think I look pretty 'normal' to the rest of the outside world

Lonely Saint

I haven't been labeled since forever. The only label I can remember applied to me was "freak" in school, and yeah, that was fitting.
I don't think I really.. Fit any label.

I'm a bit lame.

I guess 'retro', every now and then. 'That chick who just walked out of the 50's/60's'..

Hygienic Member

maybe i'm missing you
I've never been called a poser because I've never really considered myself a part of a label. I used to be considered a weeaboo maybe? but I've really grown out of anime, the only ones I really like now are AKIRA and BoF.

I dunno, I dress too normal to be considered emo/scene/whatever, but I still dress too ugly to be preppy. I'm caught in some kind of limbo.

yum_tea

Adored Admirer

"Skinhead" and "straight edge" if that counts as anything.

Quotable Conversationalist

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
The only real label I was ever given was, "That girl who's obsessed with anime"

But that was during my *shudder* weeaboo days, so it makes sense. But even now, years later, people like to make the assumption that because I like anime, I'm obsessed with it and it's the only thing I like.
I'm black and so are a lot of my coworkers, so they think I'm weird because I don't really know much about black pop culture. I already know I'm on the weird side in general, though.

One of them said I need to "go out more" because he was singing some popular hip hop song and asked me if I heard it and I said no. I don't really watch much tv or listen to the radio.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
People don't label me.

But OP, I have a question: "Do you watch videos on LezBeOnTalk's channel?" That's where I heard the "Labels are for soup cans!" line from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff