Welcome to Gaia! ::

Foxydoe
Actually I just don't care anymore.
SirPuzzle
Ha no I don't, which I know is a failure on my part
TRSHE Heather Mason
The most exercise I get in a day now is the walk from my front door to the car.

Y'all need to work on your motivation. I didn't enjoy exercising until the age of 21. I got around that by scare quote "working" out. Meaning that the only form of exercise I enjoyed is swimming. Which meant that I bought an underwater mp3 for swimming and listened to audio books and podcasts when I swam. Boom. Incidental "working out" and killer abs to boot. Also less chance of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, high cholesterol, joint pain, etc., etc., etc. So safe to say now that after 3 years of that and I now get frustrated and cranky now when I don't get my exercise in.
Brothern
Foxydoe
SirPuzzle
TRSHE Heather Mason

Y'all need to work on your motivation. I didn't enjoy exercising until the age of 21. I got around that by scare quote "working" out. Meaning that the only form of exercise I enjoyed is swimming. Which meant that I bought an underwater mp3 for swimming and listened to audio books and podcasts when I swam. Boom. Incidental "working out" and killer abs to boot. Also less chance of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, high cholesterol, joint pain, etc., etc., etc. So safe to say now that after 3 years of that and I now get frustrated and cranky now when I don't get my exercise in.

Aw, heh. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself now, honey.

As for myself, I don't even want to be alive anymore. I'm pretty sure that's ok for me to say here, no one here really knows me & I'm not hurting anyone with it, right?

OES's Prince

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

10,600 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Romeigh
If you do, how often? Are they intense exercises or not?
If you don't or rarely do, why is that? I'm curious about how often people on here generally workout and how they feel about putting in the effort to be healthy by exercising (it's easy vs it's difficult).
For me, I only exercise when I feel like it. I love running, doing stretches, and doing sit-ups. I wish I exercised more and I plan to, since it's not like I don't have the time to do it, but I definitely need to work on building up my motivation to actually make it (exercising) a daily routine.
Also, for further discussion: what kind of foods do you eat daily? Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, or mostly fried stuff, etc.? Feel free to go into detail. Personally, I need to eat more fresh veggies. And I should probably learn how to cook a few of my own meals too since my mother always cooks using A LOT of oil...yuck.

Oh, and last but not least, what's your body type? I have a pretty fast metabolism so I find it super difficult to gain weight. It doesn't help that I'm rather bony/have a really small frame so I'm pretty weak and working out can feel seriously draining; even a little bit can cause me to feel sore for days. How's it for y'all? Any tips to gain muscle when you're super small and have a hard time even gaining fat?

I exercise out of vanity and the feeling of FEELING GOOD. Like when I tend to workout my overall health feels a lot better. I haven't had much time to exercise because of work and school.
I guess I'm pretty average with a bit of muscle. I'm 5'4'', 120lbs. I honestly don't eat so many veggies or as many as I should..
What kind of foods does your mother cook?

Versatile Duelist

Brothern
Foxydoe
SirPuzzle
TRSHE Heather Mason

Well in my defense, the doctor was happy with my weight gain the last time he saw me. Prior to that, he'd always mention that I was too thin and my blood pressure was always really low. Now I'm right on the "normal" mark... But yeah, I know I have to turn it around at some point because the track I'm on is to keep gaining. Gotta find my equilibrium now, somehow...

Dapper Lunatic

i try and exercise at least every other day. i used to run over six miles a day, and i'm trying to get myself back up to that level again. as of now, i run at least three miles three times a week, and do light weight lifting and yoga three times a week as well.

i would like to join a gym, so i can have access to more machines, and just head there after i get off work, instead of having to run outside in 20 degree weather.

i have an average metabolism, i don't lose weight super easily, but i don't gain much weight either. when i do start working out, my muscles get defined rather easily.
I try to shoot for three times a week of exercise but it's not always an option with my erratic schedule. Some weeks I only work 20 hours, others I work near 60. It just depends what I have going on. I like running and weight lifting, and if I'm free on Saturdays I play ultimate frisbee with my friends for a few hours. I've been having a lot of problems with a stress fracture in my foot recently though, and since I work on my feet sometimes I have to scale back. Usually I aim for 30-60 minutes of working out, but it depends.

I eat pretty well. I think my biggest vice is I usually will have a drink or two every day, but for the most part I'd say I eat better than most people. It sort of comes and goes in waves though, depending on what's happening in my life. My metabolism is pretty average. I was fat as a kid, but I also had terrible eating habits. I cleaned it up and dropped weight pretty effortlessly. My body does like to sit around 25% body fat which isn't high but maybe higher than I'd want it to be. I can eat a lot of junk though and not really see much weight gain, though if I sustain said crappy eating for a long time I'll start seeing the effects.

Angelic Friend

The Lunatic Fringe
When we went to Houston's aquarium, I played a game.. Basically, the woman had to guess my weight. And if she was wrong, I would get a doll. She guessed wrong. At the time, I was.. 135.. I think. Right now, I am 125..

I exercise once a week. Sometimes I will exercise five times a week. I like to exercise 2-5 hours a day. And I do so much because I want to be thin, and still be able to eat delicious food. It's not a great workout. I don't go to a GYM yet. But I do as much exercise that I know. I end up being sore almost all week. So.. I guess you could say it's pretty intense.

For so many years, I would try to get into exercise, and then I would just stop. I use to eat soo much bad food, growing up. Food with a lot of calories. I didn't eat very many vegetables and fruit. Now, I do. I feel more confident. My legs are nice and tight now. Going for these long walks helps my depression.

My body is average. Building muscles in my arm.

The healthy stuff I have are; Spinach. Strawberries. Blueberries. Eggs. Bananas. Corn. Cabbage.. Some other fruit when I have extra money. And I've been drinking a lot more water.

Even when I wake up and I'm dead tired, I will force myself out of bed to exercise. I'm sure a lot of people would rather sit back and relax. But if you really want to be thin, you have to put in a lot more effort into getting s**t done. And that's what I do. I can't wait for the perfect day. I need to do it as much as possible. Luckily, I have the motivation to keep me going. Dean Ambrose is a huge inspiration. My health blog is also! http://sweet-vitality.tumblr.com/

It's great that you exercise so much and are sore after workouts!
Your muscles are working hard!
I had a pretty intense workout at school yesterday and now my whole body is sore.
Feels kinda good though, strangely enough.
And mmm, I love spinach so much!
Everything you listed is good food to me. c:
I'll check out who Dean Ambrose is since I never heard of them, and I'll be sure to check out your health blog as well! Thanks for posting! heart

Angelic Friend

thewaitingtree
Romeigh
Dustiest Gozongas
I do yoga and Zumba. During the summer, running and biking are also a part of my exercise routine and I used to dance up until I graduated high school. And kickline, did that in high school too.

Exercise has always been important to me. I am very lean and have a small frame.

I heard something rather silly about zumba. There's people who do it (and yoga) in a super hot room while barely drinking any water, and they believe that makes them get stronger quicker? My p.e. teacher was like, "Everyone in the room was so happy over how much they sweated in such a short time and they figured it was such a great workout...except it's 100 degrees in the room and they had no water, so of course they were sweating buckets!!"

It's quite silly and idk if it's exactly true, but if it is, it's really funny lol.

Hot zumba? LOL. Sounds like dehydration waiting to happen! (bet they lost weight for a little while too. water weight.)

There's also hot yoga. It's the same thing. Ugh. I'd die.

Yes, that!
My teacher even said that! She was like, "Many people were happy to find out they had lost a few pounds, only to come back disappointed they had regained it a few hours later". I couldn't stop laughing. It's kinda cute tbh (that some people expect it to be that easy lol).

Angelic Friend

Valdeaunia
Romeigh
If you do, how often? Are they intense exercises or not?
If you don't or rarely do, why is that? I'm curious about how often people on here generally workout and how they feel about putting in the effort to be healthy by exercising (it's easy vs it's difficult).
For me, I only exercise when I feel like it. I love running, doing stretches, and doing sit-ups. I wish I exercised more and I plan to, since it's not like I don't have the time to do it, but I definitely need to work on building up my motivation to actually make it (exercising) a daily routine.
Also, for further discussion: what kind of foods do you eat daily? Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, or mostly fried stuff, etc.? Feel free to go into detail. Personally, I need to eat more fresh veggies. And I should probably learn how to cook a few of my own meals too since my mother always cooks using A LOT of oil...yuck.

Oh, and last but not least, what's your body type? I have a pretty fast metabolism so I find it super difficult to gain weight. It doesn't help that I'm rather bony/have a really small frame so I'm pretty weak and working out can feel seriously draining; even a little bit can cause me to feel sore for days. How's it for y'all? Any tips to gain muscle when you're super small and have a hard time even gaining fat?

I exercise out of vanity and the feeling of FEELING GOOD. Like when I tend to workout my overall health feels a lot better. I haven't had much time to exercise because of work and school.
I guess I'm pretty average with a bit of muscle. I'm 5'4'', 120lbs. I honestly don't eat so many veggies or as many as I should..
What kind of foods does your mother cook?

We're Asian so we usually eat rice everyday, and the dishes we eat the rice with are SO unhealthy.
She usually cooks some kind of meat and some veggies, but they're ALWAYS fried with lots and lots of oil. Like the veggies would be dripping with oil or something. It's tasty, but kinda nasty when I think about how unhealthy it is. We also have fish and other foods, but they're usually fried. My dad is getting old so he has to watch his health more closely now, so she's been steaming some veggies along with frying them instead of just frying them. I guess at least I have that option.
But yeah, more than 80% of the stuff she makes is fried or cooked using the pan, and she always makes sure to add a lot of oil to her dishes when she's cooking them. emotion_8c
I jog 2 miles a day and do some aerobic exercises to build muscle.
I jog 2 miles a day and do some aerobic exercises to build and tone muscle.

Tactical Businesswoman

I try to hit the gym a few times a week. I'm a full time college student and work part time so it's difficult to find the energy to go. I've found that I only ever have the energy for it at night since I'm a night owl and mornings and afternoons are the low points for my energy levels, and if I work that night, well, no gym for me. I've been working while sick lately since I can't afford not to so I haven't had the energy to even think about the gym for about a week or so. As for what I do there, I try to do about half an hour of cardio on the elliptical since the treadmill inevitably gives me a stitch in my side. When I get to where my heart rate is under 140 on a certain intensity level, I move up a level. That is assuming my asthma cooperates with me. Then I do about half an hour on the weight machines, usually going for 1 set of 10 reps with the highest amount of weight I can handle. I need to build muscle if I want to get my metabolism going. Toning can come later.

I don't eat as well as I should. It is my food stamps and trips to the local food bank that support a family of three (my mother and sister), and now that I have to report my income, I will receive less if any at all. We have to go for things that will feed a family over time and that tends to be less healthy things. Most of the time, I end up having toast or sandwiches, maybe cereal. If there is extra money, I like to buy fish and chicken or make stir fry. I try to make sure what I eat has some nutritional value at least, even if it's not the healthiest. For how little it feeds, fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive compared to bread, rice, and other cheap but unhealthy things.

As you can probably guess, I am overweight, but am slowly shedding it thanks to my semi-active job and hitting the gym when I can. My metabolism is slow and weight loss is a challenge. I don't care how much I lose so long as the number keeps going down, but it gets frustrating when it doesn't go down as fast as I'd like. I do have an actual large frame measured by wrist circumference so it is spread out a little better, but it also makes finding clothes that fit difficult since everything is made for medium or petite framed people. I'm probably always going to be big, and my asthma is probably always going to be a problem, but I'm mostly working toward being healthier and being able to keep up with normal people.
Romeigh
Don't think it'll be much different at a real gym but I hear the atmosphere is enough to pump you up for working out. ~
Eghh. Maybe for some people. I don't feel motivated at the gym by others/the atmosphere at all. Having a gym buddy makes it a bit more fun, but then your workout can also take a lot longer.
TRSHE Heather Mason
Brothern
Foxydoe
SirPuzzle
TRSHE Heather Mason

Well in my defense, the doctor was happy with my weight gain the last time he saw me. Prior to that, he'd always mention that I was too thin and my blood pressure was always really low. Now I'm right on the "normal" mark... But yeah, I know I have to turn it around at some point because the track I'm on is to keep gaining. Gotta find my equilibrium now, somehow...

Oh! And short too? That's me, if you are. But I didn't get thin again when I worked out. I just gained muscle mass.

Versatile Duelist

Brothern
TRSHE Heather Mason
Brothern
Foxydoe
SirPuzzle
TRSHE Heather Mason

Oh! And short too? That's me, if you are. But I didn't get thin again when I worked out. I just gained muscle mass.
Average height. Roughly 5'6"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces