Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't agree with divorce except for very few instances. If the relationship is too emotionally damaging (abuse of any form), if someone breaks a nuptial vow (and has no consequent remorse), etc. Obviously the issue is not black and white and there are gray areas, but I'm going to speak in generalities.
A lot of people seem to have the assumption that "love" is a constant feeling, when half the battle is remembering why you chose that person to begin with. Love is not a constant fairytale where the dust never settles and people live happily ever after in a land of rainbows and butterflies. That is such a childish notion, and I think that we're raised in a society that expects that. So after the honeymoon phase is over, people begin to think that they fell out of love. So then they don't want to continue to work at it, because they expect instant gratification. Because, y'know, that's just the society we live in. Nobody seems to want to sit down and communicate face-to-face, and people would much rather air their dirty laundry on social media sites.

It's twisted. The majority of people see it as a quick fix to something they don't want to attempt to repair. Now, this is a general statement and not accounting for couples who genuinely tried but couldn't reconcile any differences.
Me personally? Once I make that committment you're going to have to pry the wedding band off my cold fingers. Divorce isn't something neither me nor my fiance agree with or were raised with.

</off soap box now>

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Etrouse
DO NOT STAY TOGETHER FOR THE CHILD. Being the child in the situation, I think that's an idiotic idea. Fighting around your child when you two hate each other will not make things better.

This is what I call words of wisdom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces