Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm a fan of My Little Pony, but no matter how much someone says the word brony means both female and male fans, I don't consider myself one.

To me, being a fan is cool. Having male fans is cool. But the stereotypical brony makes me cringe, so I can't say I have a positive opinion about them. I've seen some pretty weird fanart, some 'clop' material, plushies with holes in their backside, and people admitting to the public that they masturbate to ponies. All these things just... I don't know what to say. I try to stay away.

Despite all these negative things I associate with them, I don't actually consider these people *****. Many of them are just very awkward, both in appearance and behaviour, which comes across as creepy to the general public. I feel kind of sorry for them.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lucidly
I'm a fan of My Little Pony, but no matter how much someone says the word brony means both female and male fans, I don't consider myself one.

To me, being a fan is cool. Having male fans is cool. But the stereotypical brony makes me cringe, so I can't say I have a positive opinion about them. I've seen some pretty weird fanart, some 'clop' material, plushies with holes in their backside, and people admitting to the public that they masturbate to ponies. All these things just... I don't know what to say. I try to stay away.

Despite all these negative things I associate with them, I don't actually consider these people *****. Many of them are just very awkward, both in appearance and behaviour, which comes across as creepy to the general public. I feel kind of sorry for them.
yea me too
specially since all people can think is to complain bout em an call em *****
I mean thas not fair is it
rubbin salt inna wound if ya ask me

Generous Fatcat

Silly Annie
yea me too

My issue with the "***** are drawn to MLP" accusation isn't that it's controversial; it's that it makes no sense. There is nothing in MLP:FIM that would appeal to a *****. They're drawings of freaking horses, not drawings of children. So, my point is, why accuse adult fans of being *****? There must be another reason.

Generous Fatcat

Lucidly
plushies with holes in their backside

emotion_jawdrop People have fetishes for plushies? Even to the point of making orifices in them?

I really wish I could un-learn that. I feel so dirty.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
They call me Darrin
Silly Annie
yea me too

My issue with the "***** are drawn to MLP" accusation isn't that it's controversial; it's that it makes no sense. There is nothing in MLP:FIM that would appeal to a *****. They're drawings of freaking horses, not drawings of children. So, my point is, why accuse adult fans of being *****? There must be another reason.

guess cause they tryna figure a reason to explain why they mad bout it
so they jus made it up
Eizoryu
Senator Armstrong
Baronies

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I typed it on my phone. A half way intelligent person could understand what I meant, so I guess I'm wondering what your issue is?

In a relationship with Peekabuwu

Sex Symbol

Super 9-Volt
I'm an out and proud brony, but I find the haters to be very retarded especially when their only reasons for hating us are so stupid like "they enjoy a show that's for little girls" and "ponies are everywhere".

EW

Sex Symbol

They call me Darrin
Silly Annie
yea me too

Cuz its audience if meant for little children and its just creepy a full grown adult man or any adult wants to watch my little pony. Like wtf and all the creepy furry/beastiality s**t is like gross. js

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Omnipotent
They call me Darrin
Silly Annie
yea me too

Cuz its audience if meant for little children and its just creepy a full grown adult man or any adult wants to watch my little pony. Like wtf and all the creepy furry/beastiality s**t is like gross. js

MLP Gen 4 (Friendship is Magic) was actually specifically created and marketed as a family show, one that mothers and fathers could sit down and watch with their kids and enjoy it themselves.

Sex Symbol

Silvia Crow
x-Omnipotent
They call me Darrin
Silly Annie
yea me too

MLP Gen 4 (Friendship is Magic) was actually specifically created and marketed as a family show, one that mothers and fathers could sit down and watch with their kids and enjoy it themselves.

doesnt mean normal people enjoy it and last time i checked these bronies dont have children let alone have had sex before

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Omnipotent
Silvia Crow
x-Omnipotent
They call me Darrin
Silly Annie
yea me too

doesnt mean normal people enjoy it and last time i checked these bronies dont have children let alone have had sex before

Wow, that's....some pretty harsh stereotyping.

Would you complain about people outside the target demographic enjoying, say, Gravity Falls, Spongebob Squarepants, Regular Show or Adventure Time? I mean, those shows, one could argue, have children as their target demographic but a lot of older teens and adults watch them. How is MLP:FiM any different? Is it because it's ponies?

Edit: And while we're at it, what would you term as "normal"? Watching Duck Dynasty, FOX News/CNN, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones? How is that any more or less normal than enjoying cartoons?

Witty Girl

User Image

I'm no full fledged brony, but I do find the show highly entertaining. I watched a whole season when I was in college.

User Image

Dapper Ladykiller

My Little Pony is a great rebellion against traditional gender roles, like Transformers, which girls and grown women now love (including myself, of course.)

Now everyone of all ages and sexes can have FUN like kids! biggrin

Dapper Ladykiller

x-Omnipotent
They call me Darrin
Silly Annie
yea me too

Then go back to the kitchen to make men some sandwiches. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces