Welcome to Gaia! ::

is anyone on a diet right now? i want to hear from people who did/are doing something that really works. i want something that works fast too.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Weight Watchers+lots of exercise+water=my idea of a 'diet'.
Here's a tip diets don't work, if you go on google and look up "diet" you get thousands of results... If one did truly work and work fast you'd only get one result, and it would be basic knowledge and there would be one guy who's rich because of it.
Well diets dont work. mrgreen
So Tell Me Now What More Do You Need...

Water, Ice And the occasional Cracker.

For some reason it doesn't stay down long..
And I'm Still Fat..

I blame the cracker.

User Image
Fruits and veggies ONLY. It works GREAT.
sweatdrop Green Tea my dear, green tea.
Mytharia

True. Fruit and Veggies AND Green Tea, unsweetened of course.
Mytharia

does this really work
and i use to use herbalife i t worked i lost a lot of weight but i stopped using it and gained a couple of pounds i blame the food !!!
Eat less, exercise more.

Fad diets don't work, you just need to cut back on what you already eat, and try being more active.
Try not to eat foods with too much sugar or calories in them. Eat some organic fruits like apples, oranges, strawberries, etc. Also, eat dark green leafy vegetables, whole grains, and lean meat. Switch whole milk to lowfat milk or drink water! : 3 Excercise 30-60 minutes a day and say 'no' to temptations. (Chocolate, ice-cream, candy, cream cheese, cookies, soda, fatty juices, etc.) You can indulge sometimes but not too much!

I've done something like this and have been losing at least 3-5 pounds a week.
xo_sparrow
Mytharia

ohh, that sounds like it works really fast. how many pounds each week do you think i'd lose on that?
fabbbqueen
xo_sparrow
Mytharia

ohh, that sounds like it works really fast. how many pounds each week do you think i'd lose on that?

It depends on your height/weight now, your age, and how active you are. I was never overweight and I'm only moderately active and I lost about 25 lbs in less than three months.
Just to make things inescapably clear, dieting does not make you lose weight. Dieting makes you gain weight less quickly. The only diet on the face of the earth that actually reduces weight on its own is called Not Eating. A diet can help if you're doing other things, but eating healthier or eating less alone will not make you lose weight. Lots of exercise and dieting is probably the best way to get in better shape. You barely even need to change your eating habits. When I went to China last year, I ate roughly five times my weight each day, but I still took off a few pounds. How? First, Chinese food in China is much healthier than Chinese food in the states, but on top of that, I did a s**t-load of walking.

I'm living proof that eating only slightly healthier and doing something as simple as walking more often can get you in better shape.
Bloodfire_infusion
Here's a tip diets don't work, if you go on google and look up "diet" you get thousands of results... If one did truly work and work fast you'd only get one result, and it would be basic knowledge and there would be one guy who's rich because of it.

QFT. I'll even add that dieting will likely make you more hungry and you'll end up eating more than you really should.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff