Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hiyori_XX
Did I make the right choice?

I broke up with my boyfriend Sean (14 Years old). I had no idea that he was racist to people of color. I over heard him on his cellphone talking to Phil about his birthday party.
I'm guessing Phil asked, "Are you going to invite...?"
because Sean replied by saying,
"That N*****? Hell no! I'm not inviting black people to my party! That'll ruin the whole thing!"
The minute I heard him use the N word my jaw dropped. I was soo angry!

It's been a week now and he keeps calling me and saying sorry.
I miss him so much and I'm really sad about the whole thing, but I don't like racism. So, do you think I made the right choice by breaking up with him? sad

Try talking it out with him. Tell him you don't leik racist people and if he's ever gunna say that about or to anyone it won't work out. Give him another chance though. If he promises not to do something like that again. Everone deserves a second chance no matter what the circumstance, especially if you can't get over him and still miss him. 3nodding
you should hear what he has to say about it since he keeps calling to aplogize, maybe he just doesn't like that one person, everybody has that one person they don't like maybe its just that one person he doesn't want to invite, but if its racism dump him, Just hear what he has to say first
Bonesie
You're only 14, life goes on. I'm 20, and I have thought that I'd marry FOUR of my boyfriends in the past.

Now I'm content with being single, and I wouldn't tolerate such hate from someone I'm dating, either.

Hehehe! I'm 13. redface

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
If it bothers you then you probably did the right thing. Especially since racism tends to be deep-seated and it would be difficult if not impossible to get him to change his mindset.

Ask him how he honestly feels about black people and take it from there. I know my brother jokes like that all the time but he's not really racist. 3nodding
Koneko Plushie
liesje4ever
Don't worry hun, you will find a bf that isn't a racist. ;D

Agreed. 3nodding

I agree too

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
Definately.

He needs to know that racism, is wrong. There's better people in the world for you =D You deserve one.
hell yeah u made the right choice i woulda dumped his a** too

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces