Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did I make the right choice?

I broke up with my boyfriend Sean (14 Years old). I had no idea that he was racist to people of color. I over heard him on his cellphone talking to Phil about his birthday party.
I'm guessing Phil asked, "Are you going to invite...?"
because Sean replied by saying,
"That N*****? Hell no! I'm not inviting black people to my party! That'll ruin the whole thing!"
The minute I heard him use the N word my jaw dropped. I was soo angry!

It's been a week now and he keeps calling me and saying sorry.
I miss him so much and I'm really sad about the whole thing, but I don't like racism. So, do you think I made the right choice by breaking up with him? sad
You don't need the guy. He's racist and if you're around his age then you've got plenty of time.
Don't worry hun, you will find a bf that isn't a racist. ;D
liesje4ever
Don't worry hun, you will find a bf that isn't a racist. ;D

Agreed. 3nodding
Don't jump to conclusions. At least ask him why he doesn't like black people. Hear him out. He also could have been joking.

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
no you didn't black people whould have ruined the party, i know, i'm black, and black people always ruin good parties
If he's racist and you don't like racism that much, then it will never work, so there's no point in continuing it
Racist people are mean; You did the right thing cool
Don't worry. "There are plenty of fish in the sea."

8,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
racism isnt cool man good choice if he is a jerk and not talkin to u scre him
YES dumping his sorry a** was the right thing to do
actually you should date some sweet black guy now just to piss him off.
Technicalwords
no you didn't black people whould have ruined the party, i know, i'm black, and black people always ruin good parties

LOL

O.G. Peacemaker

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
well I am sure you did the right thing. but do you know the person that he wasn't going to invite to the party? and not all black people ruin good parties. it depends on the person's personality and action they take.
ugh. i honestly dislike racists. i live in a small city in texas and my god it sucks. my boyfriend is half mexican, and that gives me crap.
you don't need someone like that. it doesn't matter how sorry he is, he's still like that.
You did make the right choice. He is a racist (as you tell us), and no person should ever be stuck w/ someone like that. Besides, there must be other people out there for you, right?

*Black people are racist...that ticked me off. I have a friend who's black and we get along as friends just fine! 3nodding
If that was your only reason then no. Especially not seeing as you miss him.

Him being racist doesn't directly affect you, and you can ask him to not express that part of himself around you.

I think you should get back with him if you really do like him. Or you could just move on, since you are young and probably will have more boyfriends than this one anyway, so it really wont make much of a difference in the long run either way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff