Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Desire and Lust are

Same 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 4 ]
Different 0.36111111111111 36.1% [ 13 ]
Situation-Dependent 0.36111111111111 36.1% [ 13 ]
I lustfully desire that gold! 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]

Scenario that one of my friends are in. He likes a girl, almost to the point of trailing off when talking to her because of how much he's fond of her. Now, they've been friends for three years, and the subject of them dating has come up sometimes. Even people around them say they make a good couple. Now, he's the kind of guy, like most other people, who are scared of expressing himself, and shys away from telling his feelings. He's recently told me that he has resorted to instead of telling his feelings outright, he gave her a letter telling her everything he feels about her and even though they're friends he'll do his best to keep the relationship from dooming it. His question to me, because of how religious he is, is whether his desire for her is lust, because she is a very pretty girl, or just a desire for something he's never had, which for him would be a relationship where he wasn't being used.
well...there are other grls. he liked HER.
sooo, it must b special other than important to him.

he shud go for it. oh. and its not desire. (if u mean desire n a lustful way..),
his heart is in the right place.
I personally think that he's feeling desire, not lust. Lust is, in my humble opinion, strictly physical. You could lust after a pretty woman or attractive male all you want, but never feel personal attachment to him or her. Desire...has a sense of lust to it. Despite it being a 'sin' it's rather difficult to escape, unless one is completely a-sexual. Want for reproduction is a natural instinct. But with desire there's also affection. Friendship, actual feelings for someone. That fuzzy feeling of enjoying someone's presence for their mind and thoughts instead of just their body. There's a distinct difference between lust and desire. Tell him don't worry about it.
Apologies for the rant. ^^;
xp ok desire is the need for something, lust is a need but only for sex, not really love. heart wink
I agree, desire is the emotional longing for something, while lust is a purely physical sensation.
i think they are different, but they both are connected to greed. thats my point of view.
ya i think he shud go for it and i hope it go's well biggrin
xxxX_Raine_Xxxx
i think they are different, but they both are connected to greed. thats my point of view.
true, but i think the real level of the greed depends on the Situation
Desire, definitely. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas