Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Member

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I am currently clinically depressed, and I don't have the energy to do much. My memory is terrible right now and I can't focus much and do common tasks.

Are any of you depressed? Have you been depressed before? I'm taking anti-depressants but they aren't really helping.
Everyone has felt depressed.
Suck it up and change your life if you don't like it.
I believe I'm clinically depressed but I've never told anyone and refuse to take medication for it. I often have long periods of time where I just don't want to leave my house or interact with other people, I feel completely useless and that I'm a faliure and I just feel like laying in bed all day. Like I said, it comes in periods of time so usually it'll go away after about a week or so and I'll be perfectly fine for a while. I guess I've just learned to live with it.

Hilarious Member

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Wow, what a heartless thing to say. You seriously don't know what clinical depression is like, and how it's different from simply "feeling depressed".

Piss off if that's all you have to contribute.

Hilarious Member

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
FANGwoof
I believe I'm clinically depressed but I've never told anyone and refuse to take medication for it. I often have long periods of time where I just don't want to leave my house or interact with other people, I feel completely useless and that I'm a faliure and I just feel like laying in bed all day. Like I said, it comes in periods of time so usually it'll go away after about a week or so and I'll be perfectly fine for a while. I guess I've just learned to live with it.

Well right now I feel like I hate the world (the above poster being a prime example... I just added him to my ignore) and I also hate myself.

I feel very frustrated with my life and I don't know what to do.

Tipsy Wench

I have depression also.
Did you doctor make sure it wasn't a vitamin deficiency? Because, apparently my depression is due to lack of nutrients. (though, I've had it for the last 5 years, so I'm assuming nutrition is only part of the issue).

Anyways, I don't use antidepressants because they make me feel like s**t. But, I try to exercise and stay as active as possible (to combat the fatigue), eat healthy, take my vitamins, and all that healthy stuff. And when I need to take a day off to cry, then I do that. Otherwise, I become incredibly mentally unfocused and ******** things up (for example, when very depressed I cannot even count money properly). Also, I know what sends me into a downward spiral (stress and being overworked, for starters) and I try to avoid those things.
wonderfulcake
FANGwoof

Well right now I feel like I hate the world (the above poster being a prime example... I just added him to my ignore) and I also hate myself.

I feel very frustrated with my life and I don't know what to do.

your not the first person to hate the world. If your frustrated just change it. Your posting this in a first world country, if you seriously wanted to change then do it.

Hilarious Member

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
anonkidz lmao!!!!!

You seriously reveal yourself as the idiot you are by talking like that.

Hilarious Member

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
See A Roman Pick Him Up
You acknowledge that you're clinically depressed yet you're not doing anything about it? Oh well, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery after all. lol

Taking medicine is doing something about it. Going to therapy is doing something about it. Seeing a psychiatrist is doing something about it.

Stop being so judgmental. Unless you know what it's like to live with major depression (and yes, it's a major case) then you don't have a right to be so mean.

And fyi, there are three stages of depression: mild, moderate, and major. Mine is major.

Generous Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
I happen to suffer from manic depression.
Of course medicine will help the chemicals in your brain to chill the ******** out -
but you need to be willing to change, and get up and do things.
Medicine won't do that for you; what you need to do is find inspiration to do it
It might sound like a hard task to do; but you could sit down and be all
" Oh, I'm not going to get on the computer until I go out and jog for a bit. "
I know it sounds ridiculous, but it actually works.
All you have to do is be willing to push through it, and attempt to be happier.
No matter how severe the depression is - there is always a way to cope with it.

Cultist

I've gone through depression.
The thing is you can't sit back and expect things to change on their own or expect someone to help. You are going to have do most of the work. Go up and talk to friends and family; try to get closer. Try something new or something different. Something you thought you would probably never have the chance to. (For me, I went scuba diving) It takes your mind off of it.Find hobbies. Do something to break out of it. Have a day for yourself. Just do something different; change your old habits that tie you to depression and work hard to break free.

Anxious Prophet

Get into a fight.
Apparently I have that too. and a personality disorder.

That and the whole no parents still isn't a good enough reason for the government to give me health insurance.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder when I was 16.
I don't think I hit that state of depression anymore though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff