littlebirdbigsky
Track01_Rebuild
littlebirdbigsky
Track01_Rebuild
littlebirdbigsky
Track01_Rebuild

Source?

Learn to Google.

Learn to debate. You make an outlandish claim, you have to back it up with a non-biased reputable source. It's not my job to do your research. If you don't have a source, your claim is null.

Debate, that's saying I'm taking what you're saying into account, instead of seeing you as uninformed child.
Let me humour you child.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/business/worldbusiness/07iht-glob08.html
Now, you're going to bullshit about that being void.
But, I won't waste my time filling the page with links to articles,documentaries,reports and other sources for you to ignore.

Child? Lol, you're mad that I'm not agreeing with you so you jump on the "you MUST be a little kid" defense. According to the "how old are you" topics, I'm one of the oldest people in LD. But really, that shouldn't even matter to you. *shrug*
Anyhow, that was a good source, except it wasn't saying what you were claiming. Let's quote you to remind you what you said.
"most of those trials are done in India and other places just to pass them not to actually prove anything"
So, you have to prove the two points you tried to make.
a) "most" of the trials for depression medications take place over seas.
b) trials for depression medications take place over seas so they can be passed without proving anything.
Your source mentions that companies are starting to do drug trials overseas because of cost, and also in some instances unknowing test subjects. It does not mention tampering with numbers, lying about results, or that most trials take place overseas. It also doesn't mention depression medication.

It's a good source, but not for what you're claiming. Good read.
Now, I'm sure you'll respond with some upset remark about how you're not going to waste your time, and probably throw in some insult to try to get back at me. I only hope that maybe you'll think for even just a second that maybe you should make sure you have an understanding about a medical issue before you spout off your opinions as fact.

You did exactly what I thought you would.

I meant child in a mental sense. But, you must be inept as detecting anything that is not literal.

Some people never grow up, But I could tell this from the start since you must be starving for attention with your outlandish appearance. Yet, too insecure to let people actually see your face.

Like I previously said - do your own research. There was a documentary very recently that exploited this very thing. Giving drugs to people who don't even have the problem they're used to treat, fabricated results, and much more.

http://vivekajyoti.blogspot.com/2012/03/video-indian-masses-used-as-guinea-pigs.html
http://alaiwah.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/poor-indians-being-recruited-for-clinical-drug-trials/

If you have time to argue your opinion, take some time to actually be well informed.

It's not my fault that your source didn't actually argue any of the points you made.
The rest of your post was an Ad Hom, so there's no point in even addressing it.

If you actually come up with any evidence of your claims, and want to try again, go for it.
Depression, as a sickness, doesn't exist in a third world country.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Its an emotion. Its like getting diagnosed for being awkward, happy, angry, anything but neutral.
Moral of the story according to Psychologists: If you feel any human emotions, theres something wrong with you.

User ImageUser Image

Friendly Lunatic

I don't mean to be mean to YOU, but you aren't correct! I have depression. It is diagnosable and is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain that the person has no control over at all. Believe me! There are plenty of days when I wish I were feeling better, but I'm just not. It's hard to understand when you don't have the condition, but it really is scary sometimes. You just feel really hopeless and sad all the time, usually for no reason, and you just want it to go away but it won't!

So to answer your question, yes it is a real thing, and no, the person who has it has no control over it. It's the same as any other illness. you just have to get the right treatment, and then you'll get better!
Depression is a very real thing, however I do believe that it is diagnosed too much. There are different levels of depression also. I believe that most of the time depression is minor. Basically your everyday blues, lasting a little longer than average.

To combat minor depression you have to make the choice then to want to be happy and then strive to make yourself happy. How do you decide that you want to be happy and then work on being happy? Well the way you decide to be happy has to be done by you, so noone can tell you how to choose to be happy. But the way you work on being happy after deciding to be happy is to talk about what makes you unhappy, angry, and sad; then don't think about those things. You can't dwell on the past, you must look to the future to be happy in the present.

As far as moderate to severe depression goes you have to be very careful not to say the wrong thing, as it could trigger a depressive episode. Moderate to severe depression is more than just the feelings of being sad all the time. It is a combination of feelings of anger, worthlessness, guilt, envy, and of course sadness. This is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain of the 'feel good' hormones. Yes, usually these hormones will eventually balance themselves back out; however, until that happens medication might be needed.

If a person is severely depressed, you probably won't know it until it's too late. They will go from moderate depression to being what you would call 'happy' again. If that happens watch that person. If a person is truely suicidal, they won't tell anyone. They made their choice, and are now happy about it. The agony of indecision is over. They will probably go out for one last time, as a sort of last meal so to speak.

Familiar Poster

I don't think it's something someone chooses for themselves.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
littlebirdbigsky
Pathetic.
People use 'depression' as a crutch and excuse.
First world problems.

Not those that do something about it. Go see someone and get on the right medication. Anything can be used as a crutch if you don't do something about it, not just depression.

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I think depression is one of those things that everyone feels now and then, and when it's for a reason (which it usually is, for me anyways), letting it out can help make you feel better.
However, things like cutting and suicide push it a little. I had a friend who made me realize it's mostly about attention when you go in to that. She endlessly talked about suicide and and, last time I saw her, had badly drawn cut marks on her arms.

Point: When you feel sad, let it out, talk to someone, but don't be an attention whore.
Digital Fiend
littlebirdbigsky
Pathetic.
First world problems.

Not those that do something about it. Go see someone and get on the right medication. Anything can be used as a crutch if you don't do something about it, not just depression.

lol, medication.
More like just get over yourself.

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Got to admit, as much as I'm trying to be not to take this personally at this, I kinda am. Maybe I'm reading hostility which isn't there but blah.

Depression exists. It's real. People don't choose to be depressed. Maybe there are people who take advantage of it or the fact that it exists, that doesn't mean everyone how suffers is faking.

When I'll ill I can't be happy. Believe me, if I could I would. Usually there's no reason for it. For example, my most recent bout happened when I was doing well at life, going to school, making friends, managing to go to work. Everything was going so well. But then suddenly BAM, down I go. If I could just walk it off, I would, believe me, it's not a pleasant state to be in. I can't even do the things that cheer me up if I'm upset or down because I have no concentration.

I think I better end it there because otherwise s**t might get real.

But yeah, TL;DR Depression is real, people abusing the system doesn't alter that. I suffer from it, so I know what I'm talking about in this instance.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
littlebirdbigsky
Digital Fiend
littlebirdbigsky
Pathetic.
First world problems.

lol, medication.
More like just get over yourself.

Oh, you're one of those ignorant people. Or probably deal with people that blame everything on depression, instead of someone who is medically depressed.

Yeah, I'm going to stop wasting my time.

Heated Visionary

Mental Disorders, are very real. It exists in third world countries as it does anywhere else. Who ever claimed that it didn't must lack a basic knowledge of the human anatomy, and society.

Yes, people think just because they're sad, they're depressed. People often self diagnose themselves on the internet. Why? I have no friggin idea. Suffering from mental disorders, being on all kinds of treatments, is far from a walk in the park. Also, far from just feeling a tad blue, or a bit stressed out. Massive difference. Although sure, there's always people out to take advantage of any, and every way, they can from.. anywhere they can get it. They ride on the well beings of others, and they should be flogged and hung up on display for their cruel crime on society and mankind. But it's simply how society seems to be working these days. Eat, or get eaten, and screw whoever gets robbed blind or even killed in the process. As long as all these greedy faking lazy bummers get what they want it's fine, right? All the while some person who needed help, is getting none, goes off on a killing spree in their school, or some other really ******** up thing. Go figure.

But it doesn't change the fact that, it's real. Mental Disorders exist, and there are many various treatments. Some work, some don't. It's not all medical, it's also psychological. It varies from patient to patient, depending on their problems.

Should people stop faking, F'YEAH.
Should people stop using it as an excuse, HELL'SYEAHR.
Let the doctors do the doctors work, on the people who actually need the help.

Lonely Saint

Sorceress Seren
I think depression is one of those things that everyone feels now and then, and when it's for a reason (which it usually is, for me anyways), letting it out can help make you feel better.
However, things like cutting and suicide push it a little. I had a friend who made me realize it's mostly about attention when you go in to that. She endlessly talked about suicide and and, last time I saw her, had badly drawn cut marks on her arms.

Point: When you feel sad, let it out, talk to someone, but don't be an attention whore.

Depression isn't about just feeling sad, though. Everyone feels sad, everyone even feels sad for a longer while at some point, but nowhere near everyone is depressed.
People who cut for attention are also sick, but mostly sick for attention - people who are depressed and cut usually hide their wounds, they DO NOT show them around. Attention seekers make a number of themselves because attention is what they need and what they're starving for, but people who are depressed are often ashamed of it. I'm one of the people who covers their wounds, and I will go to great lenghts to make sure absolutely nobody sees them. Most of other people who cut that I've talked with are similar to me in this case. We don't showcase our pain for pity points. Most of the people I know who cut, including myself, do it to get away from the pain that otherwise only gets worse and consumes everything else. Cutting releases endorphines and adrenaline, the effect of which combined and even alone is enough to stop the spiralling down. The pain gives you a short-lived high just like some drugs do (which is also why it is addictive). For me, the pain makes me forget the feeling I was unable to rid myself of otherwise, and gives me an empty feeling and a sort of a cloudy mind that allows me to return to normal and regain control over myself.

That said, I don't know anyone who cuts often, either. One episode per four to six months would sound like the average. I'd be willing to bet that those who cut for attention do it more often, and aren't after the high at all.

Captcha: Chuck Norris. neutral

Shy Gaian

I'm singing
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My blues
Trust me, if I could stop being depressed I would. I hate it, I'm tired of being sad, tired of wanting to cry all the time. Tired of having no energy at all, and just wanting to sleep.
I've been struggling with it for a couple years now. It's biological, and environmental influences are what can bring depression on.

If someone is trying to use depression as a handicap, and a crutch for sympathy; they need to just...idk what they need to do.

I saw a post say that depression is something everyone feels.
Yes, it is. But months and weeks for feeling sad, and lonely is NOT normal.

Shy Gaian

Oblivion Blades
Sorceress Seren

Depression isn't about just feeling sad, though. Everyone feels sad, everyone even feels sad for a longer while at some point, but nowhere near everyone is depressed.
People who cut for attention are also sick, but mostly sick for attention - people who are depressed and cut usually hide their wounds, they DO NOT show them around. Attention seekers make a number of themselves because attention is what they need and what they're starving for, but people who are depressed are often ashamed of it. I'm one of the people who covers their wounds, and I will go to great lenghts to make sure absolutely nobody sees them. Most of other people who cut that I've talked with are similar to me in this case. We don't showcase our pain for pity points. Most of the people I know who cut, including myself, do it to get away from the pain that otherwise only gets worse and consumes everything else. Cutting releases endorphines and adrenaline, the effect of which combined and even alone is enough to stop the spiralling down. The pain gives you a short-lived high just like some drugs do (which is also why it is addictive). For me, the pain makes me forget the feeling I was unable to rid myself of otherwise, and gives me an empty feeling and a sort of a cloudy mind that allows me to return to normal and regain control over myself.

That said, I don't know anyone who cuts often, either. One episode per four to six months would sound like the average. I'd be willing to bet that those who cut for attention do it more often, and aren't after the high at all.

Captcha: Chuck Norris. neutral

I'm singing
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My blues
I had a friend who use to brag about her cutting, and how she was so damn depressed. She'd be like, "OMIGOD. My mom found me cutting and she yelled at me so I slid my bloody wrist against the wall."
She really did say that. Needless to say, I don't talk to her very much anymore.

I use to cut, but I didn't show it around. I cut on my legs and upper arm. It only got found out from a guy who liked me to grabbed my arm and saw it.
I've still got scars, but I don't parade them around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff