Like a masculine guy 0.052083333333333 5.2% [ 5 ]
Poker face 0.1875 18.8% [ 18 ]
Laughing 0.0625 6.2% [ 6 ]
Being unrealistic, pretending nothing happened 0.052083333333333 5.2% [ 5 ]
I don't. I get depressed. 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 14 ]
None of the above. (Specify in a post) 0.20833333333333 20.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I need to remind myself that such is the circle of life we face.

Zephyr Avalon's Compadre

Wicked Bloodsucker

User Image
Every time I've lost someone close to me, or a pet or something.
I cried.
I could never help that.

It just always made me upset to see someone I cared about just... not be there anymore.
I still do cry, my grandmother died over a year ago, that still makes me pretty upset sometimes. I don't cry about that anymore, I think I accepted that fact that she's gone months ago, but it still hurts to see my mom so upset about it, cause she hasn't really found a way to cope with it completely yet.

When my rabbit died, I bawled my eyes out.
He'd been my precious pet for almost 7 years. And the way he died was just... I felt so bad for him. I cried so hard for months. This happened almost two years ago and I'm still not completely over that either.

Death is just... one of those things. I dunno. Every person has their own way to deal.

We are humans.
It is in our nature to make mistakes, to learn from them, and to try and never make that same mistake again.

Dapper Phantom

None of the above.
I get numb. Like I just stop feeling emotions. I think I'm in shock when somebody dies. Then months later I end up crying, but only a little. It's weird.

However, I've never had someone REALLY close to me die. I know if that happens I'll be crying... Like my mother. I don't want her to die. Like, ever. She's one of my best friends. Just thinking about that too much can make me cry.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Dandrogyny
None of the above.
I get numb. Like I just stop feeling emotions. I think I'm in shock when somebody dies. Then months later I end up crying, but only a little. It's weird.

However, I've never had someone REALLY close to me die. I know if that happens I'll be crying... Like my mother. I don't want her to die. Like, ever. She's one of my best friends. Just thinking about that too much can make me cry.

crying
Keep bumping my dead threads, will you people?

Numb. That's a good way to describe it. I think I'm just shocked, and it just doesn't register for a while.

I think I'd die if any of my parents died. cry

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I disassociate. I'm oddly saddened by the deaths of celebrities, while I have remained apathetic to dead relatives. I cried after my guinea pigs died, and was really upset when I thought my cat was dying. I honestly wouldn't shed a tear if my youngest brother or his dad died.

Aereie's Husband

It depends on who died. My general reaction to situations which make me nervous, sad, or angry is typically to laugh.
When my grandfather died I didnt really feel sad. He just disappeared until he died.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I go on with my life. People dying is inevitable, so why should I waste what little time I have concerned about them.
you think it's selfish to experience bereavement?

my grandmother died not long ago after eight years of alzheimer's.

i didn't grow up around my extended family, and i never knew my dad's parents well. still, the whole thing was upsetting to me because of how my dad reacted to it. every time we went to visit we'd go see her in the home and i could tell he was heartbroken. she'd have trouble remembering his name, and eventually just forgot him altogether.

the last time i saw her she was alive but i wouldn't say she was in there. it was like pieces of her soul had been drawn out one by one. my cousin and i were in our grandma's room with her when her roommate died on the bed across from us, as if foreshadowing, because the next time i saw them it was at her funeral.

the service was painful, and i cried, but not for myself. i cried for my dad and my uncle and my grandpa (who'd asked me to sit with him), for their heartache.

the following year my grandpa on my mom's side died. he wasn't a nice man (grandma divorced him so i had had three grandfathers), and i never knew him well. i didn't cry, but i felt for my mom and other relatives.

i don't think it makes sense to say you ever cry in sympathy for a dead person. it's not like they're in pain. the family is in pain. adjusting to the loss of someone who's been around your whole life, or should have been around your whole life, is huge.

when my parents die i'll cry because i won't know how to adjust to it. crying doesn't solve that problem, but it does allow for some relief. i find it clears my head a little. get the bulk of the emotion out of the way, so as to be able to think things through.

Beloved Inquisitor

Eh, well no one super close to me has ever died before... but I imagine I would handle it like any other grief. Act tough like it does not hurt, I know that this isn't the best way to deal with my feelings but... it's how I cope. I strongly dislike showing emotion in public or anywhere really... and no I'm not a man.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
It depends on how close I was to someone. If it was my mom and dad for instance, I would probably cry because I see them pretty much every day. At all of my grandparents funerals, I didn't really cry because I saw them maybe once every few years. I was sad of course, but I didn't cry.

I do cry when I watch most Disney cartoon movies. Especially The Fox and The Hound.<-I'm pretty sure that when it comes to titles, that it is acceptable to capitalize every beginning letter of a word.(referring to the OP.)
If it were someone incredibly close to me, there'd be a gap in my heart but I'd still be able to move on.

I tend to feel numb, and I try to get used to the fact that I won't see them around anymore. Death is inevitable, and I've learned to deal with it quite well.

Magical Tree

Actually... ironic.. not funny and you have hell of timing OP.

Dealing with death here. This old lady that's a friend is dying in the hospital - leukemia.
It's rough. She was such a sweet lady.

How do I deal? I cry a lot.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Siberys
Eh, well no one super close to me has ever died before... but I imagine I would handle it like any other grief. Act tough like it does not hurt, I know that this isn't the best way to deal with my feelings but... it's how I cope. I strongly dislike showing emotion in public or anywhere really... and no I'm not a man.

LOL.

Don't have to be a man to be tough. I'm the same. No one needs to see my emotions.

Keep bumping my thread, will you?

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
thewaitingtree
Actually... ironic.. not funny and you have hell of timing OP.

Dealing with death here. This old lady that's a friend is dying in the hospital - leukemia.
It's rough. She was such a sweet lady.

How do I deal? I cry a lot.

Aww, I'm so sorry. crying BTW, this thread is about a week old. I'm sorry if I reminded you...

She's dying...? Was? gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces