None of the above. (Specify in a post) 0.20833333333333 20.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
I think everyone needs a nice downer, right about now.

How do you guys cope with loss?

Personally, I don't cry or anything. I end up thinking about the person from time to time, but I might even forget all together. Drives me nuts when others cry. Crying for themselves, not for the person who's actually dead.

Discuss-
DEATH.
Dealing with DEATH.
DEATH-related topics.
.... I move on and put it past me? Really death never phased me much especially since we all have to go some day.
Depending on how close we were, I listen to songs that remind me of the person, write poetry about them. I absolutely cry, a lot.

You might think it's selfish, but I personally need the catharsis of acknowledging that person is no longer a part of my life. I end up reliving a lot of my favorite moments with them.

If it's someone who died young, I end up feeling super remorseful for all of the things they are not going to have a chance to do. A friend of mine was murdered. He was working at an extremely prestigious lab on how to cure cancer, and I truly believe he would have made a huge difference in the medical community. I spent a few weeks grieving over the fact the world lost such a talented and giving person.

I think it's sad to fail to mark the passing of a person. If they meant something to you, changed your life for the better, I want to both mourn and celebrate the individual.

Invisible Regular

I usually keep my emotions to myself until I'm alone.

Then let the waterworks begin.
Depends on who's dead. I bawled when I found out my granddad died, but years earlier when my nan died I barely batted an eye!

That's all I have to say.

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
My grandmother, who I was pretty close to, died in January, and after she died I got pretty depressed, and still end up thinking about her for a minute almost every day. I think it hit me harder then "Your grandma died." because I was actually right next to her with my mom when she went.
I cried when she died and a little after she died. After that I just like... Got depressed, stopped talking to just about everyone in the house besides for my mom, and every time we've gone back (To visit my step-grandfather, who's been more of a grandpa then BOTH of my biological grandfathers) I just sit on the couch and listen to music the whole time.
So I pretty much just get depressed, as I usually do with loss or when other bad things happen. It's not that I think it's bad to cry or that you shouldn't cry, I'm just not really a crier.
Death is the greatest blessing of all ~ Socrates

Hellraiser

XinfinitelyX
I think everyone needs a nice downer, right about now.

Nope. I need more happiness.
emo
Marcus Junius Brutus
Depends on who's dead. I bawled when I found out my granddad died, but years earlier when my nan died I barely batted an eye!

That's all I have to say.

You have feelings?
I try to bring them back with necromancy, durrr.
I have yet to cry over someone dying. People in my family have died but I don't cry over it.
I find crying, hard for me to do. I'll cry twice every 3 years +. Crying is rare for me. Instead of sulking I rationalize, reason the issue.

When I "lose" people, I dont burden myself with sadness. Because I intellectually am aware that people are not possessions, they are not ours to keep, everyone has their own life path, everyone dies. I've accepted it, thus being sad doesn't happen.

But I do get sad when I lose material things. I am more sentimental over my material things, than I am towards people.

I'm like the other poster in this thread, I deal with my "emotions", on my own. Nobody is allowed to access them.
Death doesn't really phase me. I get sad, but I move on really fast.

Except for when my guinea pig died. I cried for days.

Hygenic Poster

I just sort of lock everything else out and go to an empty-saddish place in my head, and remain there for about two days. Then I tell myself that depending on who they were, they probably wouldn't want me to be sad. Then, I let happiness take me back. I guess in some ways I'm happiest after someone dies. That empty-sadness helps me get all my emotions and stresses out, and there's so much room to be happy afterward.

Lonely Lunatic

the enlightenment
I have yet to cry over someone dying. People in my family have died but I don't cry over it.
I find crying, hard for me to do. I'll cry twice every 3 years +. Crying is rare for me. Instead of sulking I rationalize, reason the issue.

When I "lose" people, I dont burden myself with sadness. Because I intellectually am aware that people are not possessions, they are not ours to keep, everyone has their own life path, everyone dies. I've accepted it, thus being sad doesn't happen.

But I do get sad when I lose material things. I am more sentimental over my material things, than I am towards people.

I'm like the other poster in this thread, I deal with my "emotions", on my own. Nobody is allowed to access them.

...Does this rationalization come easily to you? How long have you been working on dealing with things like that? Nobody close to me has died yet, but I can't imagine not being sad when it happens just because I intellectually know that everyone dies eventually. My emotions don't respond very readily to logic, generally, and most of the people I know seem to be the same way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff