Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Humorist

You mean to tell me, we have a minutes silence on the Eleventh of November for all the men and women that gave theirs lives in war and a whole ******** day for one gay kid that got shot?

Where the hell did this originate? Seriously, before I get labeled as a homophobe I'll note now my best friend is an outed homosexual but this seems completely disproportionate.
L a i k a
I think you mean [04.25.08]

My school holds an event for this, and a lot of people participate each year.
I think I might this year.
That's kind of a weird thing.

Wouldn't that be making all the "haters" happy cuz your mouths are shut?
I am gay. But I can't not talk. xD;
I'm a really talkative person.
Besides, I am not open in real life.
So if I don't talk, people can figure out I'm gay.
Ivan Isaacss
You mean to tell me, we have a minutes silence on the Eleventh of November for all the men and women that gave theirs lives in war and a whole ******** day for one gay kid that got shot?

Where the hell did this originate?
Seriously, before I get labeled as a homophobe I'll note now my best friend is an outed homosexual but this seems completely disproportionate.

America.

Nuff said
I like the duct-tape over the mouth thing, but I'll probably just end up wearing rainbow. :]
I'm gonna do my best to participate. It's the same day as my Ring Dance and Ceremony, so I don't think I can be silent the entire day. But I definately support it.
OMG. *angry*

It was going to be SO cool. April 25th is my birthday. I was gonna be totally silent the first day of my 17 year old life. I was seriously like super excited....but then, my GSA decided that our school is going to do DoS, only we're going to do it on the 24th since the 25th is prom decoration. xP

Makes me sad, I was really getting excited...and it loses some of it's value if it's not on the official day. =(

Anyway, I've got my DoS shirt with the mouth on it or whatever...and my rainbow armband, and my pin with the rainbow triangle that says "These colors don't run either"...but I lost my "celebrate diversity" button and this makes me sad. =( I need more rainbow stuff. xD

Dangerous Prophet

Ivan Isaacss

Where the hell did this originate? Seriously, before I get labeled as a homophobe I'll note now my best friend is an outed homosexual but this seems completely disproportionate.

It's not for just one kid. It's in the name of everyone who has ever been persecuted. A group of kids at my girlfriend's school have put her in the hospital twice in the past year, so... It just shouldn't happen.

---x---

I'm the president of the Gay-Straight Alliance where I live, so I'm organizing it for my school. ^^; I'm really anxious. We have, like, five hundred freaking posters all over the school. Last year three hundred (out of 1500) kids did it. I was so happy.
They always put them on my vacations. O: So, all it'll do is piss my mother off.
Rad cause, but its my 20th birthday.

Interesting Poster

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
I have a job and responsibilities so no, I can't.
Oh goodness I really really want to participate since...I LIKE GIRLS!!!
But there isn't a GSA at my school or anything which is suprising since we do have a fairly large population of gay/lesbian/bisexual kids so it looks like Im the only one I know thats doing it.
And another thing is that only like 2 of my closest friends know about my sexuality and I either figure I should go all out and it can kind of be my way of telling my other friends im a homo or I might just do it in a really subtle way so only I know...I dont know if Im really ready to scream it to the world yet. Haha x_x;

Dangerous Prophet

distortionxx
But there isn't a GSA at my school or anything which is suprising since we do have a fairly large population of gay/lesbian/bisexual kids so it looks like Im the only one I know thats doing it.
And another thing is that only like 2 of my closest friends know about my sexuality and I either figure I should go all out and it can kind of be my way of telling my other friends im a homo or I might just do it in a really subtle way so only I know...I dont know if Im really ready to scream it to the world yet. Haha x_x;

Awwh. I'm not advocating telling everyone if you're not absolutely certain, but it's really a relief when you don't have to hide it anymore. I don't know how many times I said "... my g--... boyfriend..." before I got sick of it.

Have you ever thought about starting a GSA at your school?
distortionxx

lol reminds me of myself last year. xD DoS was on the 18th I think last year...and at that time, no one knew I was a lesbian. Not that I hid it really, but just don't go broadcasting it. xD No one really knew until this year actually. DoS is not just gay people, actually lots of my school did it, most of them straight. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff