Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elysian Dreamer

22,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Does anyone have an OkCupid and is it worth the time and effort? Has anyone had good results from their experiences there or is it the usual crap? And/or, does anyone have a good free dating website suggestions?

S m u s h a's Husband

Proxy Fatcat

just get tinder

Elysian Dreamer

22,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
LARSZIEL
just get tinder

Isn't that an iPhone app? I don't have a smartphone or anything similar

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I used OKCupid. But i found my husband on True.com, we were both on the last legs of our free trials. Been together for 7 years. It worked for us.

Tipsy Smoker

I really like Tagged but you have to wade through a lot of creeps.

S m u s h a's Husband

Proxy Fatcat

Miss-Ivey-Rose
LARSZIEL
just get tinder

Isn't that an iPhone app? I don't have a smartphone or anything similar

it is AN app, yes. but ok nvm then
My partner and I met on POF. And as shocked as we still are today (we are both still very skeptical about online dating sites, as our profiles were really made for more "fun" than an actual real relationship), it's what brought us together today. And I'm so grateful that I've had that resource to meet the man of my dreams.

There are still times where we're sitting back and are like "Damn, we really did meet online."

In fact, we'll be watching TV and a Match.com commercial will come on and we'll crack jokes about how miserable the couples will be in the future because they don't really know one another.

Then we're silenced.

And then we laugh.

So it's to each their own. It depends on what you're looking for, and it depends on timing. I was on POF on and off for about two years before I got the message from my partner. And even THEN I still had a choice to either reply or not -- and his intro message wasn't the greatest. wink

I still tease him about that to this day.

But it worked. Somehow it worked.

Eloquent Conversationalist

I prefer OkC to most other sites out there due to the formatting of the site. I've met some really nice guys, met some creeps, met some guys that I just didn't click with. There's no harm in it, and it can be fun.

I've met all my long term relationships offline though, to be honest.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Dating sites aren't really a medium you can really "grade". It consists entirely of who you want to look for, and the how compatible the people you talk to are. If you try ANY site, expect lots of disappointments.

Shameless Man-Lover

OkCupid isn't really that great of a place. The questions are sexist in some places. And it's not friendly at all to any transfolk or anyone who isn't straight, gay or bi.

Gracious Gekko

yeah... no... I find it fun to fill out the questions and take quizzes, but I figured out that I'm just really not trying to meet anyone right now... plus, I've heard/seen enough horror-story profiles (see the "OK Cupid Nice Guys" Tumblr and others) not to want to ever log in again...

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image

Ok Cupid is great, it gives you a lot of options for sorting through people and it has a good layout that lets you quickly size someone up. You can, for example, only look for single people, or only people who want kids. A lot of other sites don't go into as much detail. And it's free, but you get some extra features if you want to pay a fee, but while they are useful they aren't necessary. It isn't like some sites where it's free until you want to talk to someone, then bam they want you to pay.

I use it at least once a day, and while I have never had any luck on it that's really more because of me and not the site. I would recommend putting the time into it to create an account, and you can always edit it later so you don't even have to take too long to set it up.

User Image

Rainbow Lover

My brother and his girlfriends met on match.com, they've been together for 6 years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff