Welcome to Gaia! ::

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image

emotion_bigheart I have friends that are on the heavier side. They wanted to exercise and want to get themselves into shape. I asked them around Christmas if they would like to join me in the routine that I have and they seemed really eager and happily agreed. We agreed to start after the holidays, at the start of our next semester.

Long story short, it's been a month and every single time that the chosen days of our work out rolls around, none of them can make it. It isn't because of school or work. The two just told me that they didn't feel like going and the one lied to me and said that her dog died and that's why she couldn't come. neutral

I wasn't pushy about it. I just asked because some people feel shitty about working out alone and I figured that I could help. Granted, I've never had a weight problem, but I wanted to help my friends. And, they agreed to the plans, so..

ITT: People you tried to help who agree, but then don't pull through OR people who don't want to help themselves.

Also, hyper liberal bullshit about it not being my life or my body: Save your mantra for the next thread about someone talking another person out of suicide. I'm in no mood.
They are lazy.
I can't wait for all the New Years resolutioners to leave the gym.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
a doctor told me that if you talk about things you plan to do
youre less likely to do em cause you like
give your brain that sense of achievin things just by talkin about it an people givin you that good feedback

so if you really wanna commit to somethin then apparently itd help you to just keep it shtun bout it
iunno felt that might help

Lunatic

WHlTE TlGER 2
They are lazy.
I can't wait for all the New Years resolutioners to leave the gym.

are they annoying or something?

Benevolent Smoker

I'd just give up on them. They don't want to do it, so just leave them be.

Lunatic

Mr Stylo
I'd just give up on them. They don't want to do it, so just leave them be.

I plan on it. I just made a thread to vent and ask if anyone had similar cases.

Adored Admirer

Their thinking isn't in the present. It's one of those thoughts where you say you will get around to doing something, rather than saying they do. They have to be willing.

Magic Hero

Who the ******** lies about their own dog's death? I wouldn't even JOKE about any of my pets like that.

These friends don't seem to actually care enough about their own well-being to do something sensible about it. There's probably no use pressing the matter.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Ask them if they want to go for a cheeseburger. When they say yes, go to McDonalds, get their cheeseburger, and tie it to a rope on a plunger handle, and stick the plunger to their forehead. That oughta work.

Bashful Shapeshifter

I'd love it if I had a friend invite me to go work out with them, just having someone there gives me more of a motivation.

They probably just got comfortable living their life the way they have been and have no real commitment getting into shape, and I don't think there's really anything you can do to change it.
Maybe they just don't like you.

Lunatic

raspberry ringlets
Maybe they just don't like you.

Kind of rude, sorry, but not the case.
people won't do anything unless they're motivated. unfortunately when it comes to lengthier goals, extrinsic motivation doesn't work so well. until they see the value in it themselves, they're not going to commit to any new routine and that's not always something you can help someone with (like, for example, quitting smoking).

11,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Burning Bonus
a doctor told me that if you talk about things you plan to do
youre less likely to do em cause you like
give your brain that sense of achievin things just by talkin about it an people givin you that good feedback

so if you really wanna commit to somethin then apparently itd help you to just keep it shtun bout it
iunno felt that might help

Actually, this is true for me. If I keep my plans a secret, it is much easier to follow through. Eventually, it becomes a habit and I can reveal those plans.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sugar Bomb Panda
I'd love it if I had a friend invite me to go work out with them, just having someone there gives me more of a motivation.

They probably just got comfortable living their life the way they have been and have no real commitment getting into shape, and I don't think there's really anything you can do to change it.

This ^.

If I ever heard them complain about their lives/bodies again, I would be all "You must like it enough to not try and fix it, so stfu.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff