Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Seeker

2,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
So, I'm 16 and at a (british) college. D: I'm currently taking Btec Media and GCSE English (again!)

So, do you go to college in Britain or anywhere else? [: Do you enjoy it and, what subjects did you choose and why?
[[:

Oh btw; I have to produce a short 10 minute film using one actor, female. I can't think of a storyline, but once I have the storyline, I can write the script and storyboard it! Does anyone have any good ideas? [:

ahh, short but sweet.
Can't talk about college since I'm not in it, but I can help with a short film. Wait, just one actor? Let me think for a moment... Here's an idea.

She's walking through the snowy day (possibly nighttime if you can't find an appropriate setting). She's crying, absolutely distressed that she just broke up with her boyfriend. She starts reflecting about her life, about her past accomplishments. She thinks to her awful dead-end job, her drug problems, her dead mother who never cared for her, etc, etc. Finally she comes upon a warm lighted house and enters.

Generic, I know, but I'm usually more accustomed to plots with several characters.
I've just quit college and I started in September.
It wasn't bad but it wasn't for me, I'm going to a hairdressing college in September.
I haven't been in for a few weeks and they're still calling and Im just ignoring them xD

Distinct Seeker

2,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
DainTrinity
Can't talk about college since I'm not in it, but I can help with a short film. Wait, just one actor? Let me think for a moment... Here's an idea.

She's walking through the snowy day (possibly nighttime if you can't find an appropriate setting). She's crying, absolutely distressed that she just broke up with her boyfriend. She starts reflecting about her life, about her past accomplishments. She thinks to her awful dead-end job, her drug problems, her dead mother who never cared for her, etc, etc. Finally she comes upon a warm lighted house and enters.

Generic, I know, but I'm usually more accustomed to plots with several characters.

Haha, sounds pretty good. unfortunately though, we can't take the videocameras home. The guy is pure evil.

And I know, I usually use about 3 - 5 characters. Unfortunately the people in media don't like me, which is their problem, so I decided to make it one actor to the only person who talks to me.
Lul. [:
~Well I really want to live at this Bible college. It's really pretty almost like a inclosed park. But I also want to go to a College in Europe. Just to live the experiance. But I would be afriad to leave my family back in the US sad
I do;
A-Level Biology
A-Level Chemistry
A-Level Philosophy
A-Level Psychology

I do enjoy it, I find the subjects easy and its giving me a guaranteed place as a RAF Pilot. So I'm happy enough with it.

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
I´m going to college in the U.S... and I don´t know if it´s like this all over the U.S., but where I go now (and it´s definitely a reason why I´m transferring to a different school) they treat us like we´re still in high school. Map tests... crossword puzzles... coloring stuff... filling out charts... it´s so annoying.

I also just hate the whole General Education crap. It´s like they have to make sure they cover every subject any kid could be terrible at so they flunk as many times as possible and have to retake it and pay the school more. Now that´s what high school is for.. I really don´t think I should be forced into taking biology or math classes when I want to be a freakin´ high school German and Social Studies teacher. scream
I just finished culinary school last year. heart I love cooking :-p
I started college this past July at an art school and came home in September. There were a whole bunch of reasons I came home, but the biggest reason was that it still felt like high school. I got a job and I've been working ever since for some extra cash.

I'm currently taking online classes for this semester and over the summer. In the fall I'm going to transfer to the main campus of this said college and major in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management. I can't wait to be around kids my own age again! biggrin
I think college is fine, it's me who's being difficult. :<

First I went in without a major, and now I know what I want to do and I have to get a B or better in this one class to declare my major, so I stress over every little assignment. It doesn't help that my teacher is very confusing and vague.

All my classes are Gen Eds, and they basically consist of taking notes in large lecture rooms and doing good on ScanTron tests and quizzes. You call that learning? Whatever, at least it's not a lot of work and I can focus on my main class.
Im taking a BTEC in Computer Games Design at the moment and omg the classes are fun ^^ and thats not because of the gaming side >__< its a good bunch of people ^^ (only 2 girls in the class including myself XD ) and i live in Britain too =3
I chose the course because i want to get into the animation industry ^^ and the course covers animation, plus there weren't any other courses that were relevant enough for what i wanted to do XD
I'm in college in the U.S. I'm taking Algebra III (third time taking it because I keep dropping out), BTECH 150, and Business Law. Business Law is really hard!
die kleine Fee
I´m going to college in the U.S... and I don´t know if it´s like this all over the U.S., but where I go now (and it´s definitely a reason why I´m transferring to a different school) they treat us like we´re still in high school. Map tests... crossword puzzles... coloring stuff... filling out charts... it´s so annoying.

I also just hate the whole General Education crap. It´s like they have to make sure they cover every subject any kid could be terrible at so they flunk as many times as possible and have to retake it and pay the school more. Now that´s what high school is for.. I really don´t think I should be forced into taking biology or math classes when I want to be a freakin´ high school German and Social Studies teacher. scream

Luckily my school is past coloring (I don't think I've ever had to color, or do crossword puzzles). However, my biggest pet peeve is my English teachers keep telling me to stop answering questions. I pay lots of money to sit in a desk, and if no one else is answering questions, I should be allowed to. If you don't want me to answer, don't call on me. Don't embarrass me and tell me to "give the other students a shot".
College in the US!
And I'm taking for my Forensic Toxicology BA:
Biology
Chemistry
English
History
Precalc.
But this is retarted because I DID everything we are covering in English in highschool...
sweatdrop
In Sixth form ATM in the UK.

Taking;
A Level English,
A Level Media,
A Level Japanese and
A Level Philosophy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash