Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you do if you find yourself in your room holding a razor blade and looking at your bleeding wrist?!?!?!?!
Go for my throat, because I'd suck at life by that stage.
Place my wrist in a bucket of water and fall asleep for the last time.
What if its not that bad, like your only trying to ease the pain not trying to kill your self?
VaMpIrE_KiTiE1030
What if its not that bad, like your only trying to ease the pain not trying to kill your self?

Therapy, this is one situation where I am certain that therapy will help.
Hahaha, "ease the pain".

Tell me, why are you cutting yourself like an idiot, instead of doing normal things like drinking a nice cup of tea or putting on some music and relaxing to deal with it?
VaMpIrE_KiTiE1030

Then...don't go for the wrist.
Well...most would recommend therapy. I, being a cutter, know that most therapists these days don't do much good. So you could try talking to a close friend about what is causing you pain...that sometimes helps. Or if you have no close friends find something else to do other than cutting..like snapping your wrist with a rubberband..
Self-mutilation seems like a hypocritical way to get rid of pain, don't you think?

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

Vosona
Self-mutilation seems like a hypocritical way to get rid of pain, don't you think?

There aren't any endorphines for emotional pain, there are for physical pain. Transferring it from emotional to physical helps a lot. You'd never understand it if you haven't been through it.
Vosona

It's not physical pain SI'ers try to get rid of..and it's not self-mutilation(that's taken offensively among most people who SI). It's emotional pain. When people cut themselves enorphins are released into their system and it gives them a sense of "happiness" which takes their mind off of the things that are bothering them..it's a coping mechanism for unwanted emotions.

It's not hypocritical in the least bit..
Illyria Maru
Vosona

It's not physical pain SI'ers try to get rid of..and it's not self-mutilation(that's taken offensively among most people who SI). It's emotional pain. When people cut themselves enorphins are released into their system and it gives them a sense of "happiness" which takes their mind off of the things that are bothering them..it's a coping mechanism for unwanted emotions.

Or it can be the opposite, an attempt at getting rid of perceived emotional numbness or detachment.
Your pathetic bullshit about "emotional pain" is just hilarious. It doesn't matter what kind of pain it is, going so far as to cut yourself is stupid and far from the right answer. You know what I do when I'm suffering from "emotional pain"? I talk to my friends and anyone els I think could help, and I listen to music. I don't ******** dump the stuff that keeps me alive all over the floor.
Yaegnir
Illyria Maru
Vosona

Or it can be the opposite, an attempt at getting rid of perceived emotional numbness or detachment.

Yeah..or that too. Most commonly it's unwanted emotions, but you are right..
Vosona
Your pathetic bullshit about "emotional pain" is just hilarious. It doesn't matter what kind of pain it is, going so far as to cut yourself is stupid and far from the right answer.

There are certain situations where it can grant a degree of self-control that is beneficial in the long run.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff