Welcome to Gaia! ::

what kind of hair do you have?
-Straight with semi wavy ends.

Do you like curly hair?
-As a kid, I use to like semi curly hair.

and if you were to date someone, would you rather them have straight hair or curly hair?
-Straight. I really have no deep rooted reason for it, though, other than simple preference.

Shy Gaian

It's wavy I guess. Not curly, but not straight. I use to straighten my hair, but then stopped after I noticed how damaged my hair was getting. When I was younger my hair was as straight as a door nail. I'm glad I don't have curly hair, because I like my hair long, and I don't know if I could deal with long curly hair lol

Fluff Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I have wavy hair, right in the middle of curly and straight. I love it, especially since it's grown out (about three inches longer than my sig pic). I think tight thick curls are beautiful (like the op's picture), especially when there is a ton of volume. I get jealous of girls with hair like that. I don't know what kind of hair my fiance has since he keeps it really short.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
My hair is permed atm but naturally it is lightly wavy with one curl in the middle of my forehead I have to straighten when my hair is straight...oddly enough when I get a perm that curl straightens and I have to curl it. It's weird.
I have hair that started out wavy and the longer it gets, the more curly it gets.
There's an under-layer of completely straight hair, though, which is weird.

I struggled for a long time trying to figure out how to tame my thick, frizzy hair
and failed throughout high school. Now I just cut it short and shave half of it off.

I've learned a few things since my bad hair days:

- Stop thinking that you have to shampoo and condition every goddamn time you shower.
This is false. Your hair has very specific needs. Over conditioning will make it greasy and
over shampooing will dry it out and give you hella flakes. When my hair was long, what I
really needed to do was leave the shampoo out of the mix every other shower. My hair
would get frizzy and dry and it needed more moisture than I was letting it have. Little did
I know I was just pissing my hair off more by abusing it with 'poo. Now that it's shorter, the
oils from my scalp saturate the length of my hair more quickly and drying isn't an issue--
in fact, I don't use conditioner anymore unless I've just bleached it.
Now shampoo is really all that I need. (but I use an anti-dandruff one just in case)

- Stop using product and learn to work with the natural waves/curl of your hair. I used
to spread mousse all over it and try to get it to do the thing, but I just ended up
a crunchy-haired monster and my styling was never consistent.
Now I comb it straight while in the shower. And while it's drying, I take note of how the
curls are forming. If they're doing something weird, I just sleep with bobby pins keeping
them in the place I want them. Rather than trying to alter the finished product (which =
stubborn, fully formed curls; and curls just wanna have fun), you have to learn how to
persuade them to do what you want during the drying process, when they are all soft
and impressionable.
I have very straight hair naturally, and that's what I prefer.
Definitely not a fan of the unruly type of curly hair, but small curls towards the end of girls' hair can look pretty elegant and cute.
Curly hair is prettier. It's funny because I've hated my curly hair all my life because I didn't know how to tame it and people would never cut it how I liked.

NOW though, I've become pretty experienced in styling it & my hair dresser does such a good job that it grows out really well even after the cut its awesome.

I used to straighten parts/if not all of my hair daily, but now I let my curls be curly and only use my hair straightener if some parts of my hair dry funny.
I have wavy hair. I like it, it's got really nice volume and it's really long too. I barely do anything to it, I just love how it looks naturally.
I have wavy hair. I live in an Asian country and more than once have people been on my a** about getting my hair chemically straightened because I'll look prettier... by their standards.

I'm not a fan of the pin-straight hair they rave about here though. And those commercials where they look like they make it look all waxy, and whip it around in slow motion. The only good impression I get from those is that they could probably smack and knock someone out with it.

I like my hair. Bouncy and resilient and low-maintenance. Fits my lifestyle.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I have thick, curly-wavy hair and its a pain to manage
I thought it was a great idea to blow dry it and straighten it every day during high school and that
just made the quality worse ugh, can't even brush it when its wet

Lavish Loiterer

My hair grows straight for the most part. However, if I hacked it off about 5in it would explode into frizzy waves.
.__. I have a jewfro. Very thick, very curly. Since it's also very short, I can't straighten it much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff