Welcome to Gaia! ::

What crunchy things are you looking to get more into in 2013?

Eating healthier 0.465 46.5% [ 93 ]
Buying local 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Recycling 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Using less fossil fuels 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
DIY & upcyling 0.21 21.0% [ 42 ]
Activism 0.08 8.0% [ 16 ]
Other stuff (post your alternatives!) 0.11 11.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 200 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 3801 3802 3803 > >> >>> »|

User Image

She HAS paper...she just didn't seem to want to draw on it. Thankfully this is a cheap plastic table so I'm pretty sure the crayon will come off.

Now she has moved onto pulling all the muffin tins out of the cabinet. I'm about ready to toss her on my husband....he is still in bed. User Image

User Image
SpiderMum
User Image

She HAS paper...she just didn't seem to want to draw on it. Thankfully this is a cheap plastic table so I'm pretty sure the crayon will come off.

Now she has moved onto pulling all the muffin tins out of the cabinet. I'm about ready to toss her on my husband....he is still in bed. User Image

User Image

Get his damn behind out of bed! Lazy bugger XD

Tell the kid to go wake daddy up because he'll play. How old is she?
User Image

Dani is almost 16-months-old. mrgreen

User Image
SpiderMum
User Image

Dani is almost 16-months-old. mrgreen

User Image

awwwwwww......terrible 2's incoming!

My brother is 3 in April. He's learnt so many words yet still manages to make me snort my drink when he belches after a sip of drink. He's rather talented.

I feel like a mum discussing kids, I suppose for now thats as close as I will get XD
Morning.
Austin is awakkkke.

He is learning to crawl I believe.

I loved him as a newborn. But I admit I just love him now so much, how he is starting to interact and smile and laugh... And play.

Except he's taken to stroking and grabbing while feeding. And the holding and grabbing can hurt because of his nails.... even with they are trimmed ><
Hey Ladies (and gents?) I'm not a mum or pregnant at the moment but we're planning on having kids soon. I'm desperate to breast feed but worried I won't be able to as I have really big boobs. I'm gonna give it one hell of a go though!
panda rayne
Morning.
Austin is awakkkke.

He is learning to crawl I believe.

I loved him as a newborn. But I admit I just love him now so much, how he is starting to interact and smile and laugh...

Except he's taken to stroking and grabbing while feeding. And the holding and grabbing can hurt because of his nails.... even with they are trimmed ><

Have a teddy at hand to distract? Or peel his hands away when he attempts to grab you?

And shiny things are a godsent when little ones are learning to crawl, they love the light shining off it.
I peel the hands away. He goes back to it. When he clenches.... there are his little nails. Ow.

Don't mind the stroking... Just that... they hurt.

Well. If he sees my phone he goes in that direction, or anything paper material, or Daddy's tuner, or the remote (with batteries in it), or wipes dispenser... anything that is not a "baby toy".Oh and our shoes. He does not really mind stuffed animals too much at this time. SOMETIMES he plays with them.

He has also discovered the diaper caddy while rolling about. And now has learned to pull the diapers out. Haha.
User Image

Jenny - Eh, I'm not too worried...I think the terrible part of terrible 2's is mainly perspective.

Rayne - Yay for mobility! Boo to the pinching, etc....have you thought of getting a nursing necklace? It would give him something to mess with that isn't your other boob.

PositivelyThrifty - Don't be too worried! Upwards of 95% of women can nurse their babies. mrgreen Breast size doesn't matter at all...big, small...they all work the same.

User Image
I hadn't thought about one yet. Are they fairly affordable? Or what?

I guess it would give him something to do other than pinch me. ><
And pull my hair... I've had to start tying it back or he finds it.
User Image

Prices vary, or you can make your own : link It can be as simple as a wooden ring you get from a craftstore on a ribbon...or be all fancy and beaded.

User Image
SpiderMum
User Image

PositivelyThrifty - Don't be too worried! Upwards of 95% of women can nurse their babies. mrgreen Breast size doesn't matter at all...big, small...they all work the same.

User Image

Oh really? I read a little while a go that women with bigger boobs struggle so it got me all upset. I'm thrilled to here that may not be the case!
I would like to make one.
But I don't think I'd be able to. The only place we have for bead selection.... is Walmart.
And they don't have much of one.

><

I guess I'll have fun ordering one soon as we get paid.
User Image
PositivelyThrifty

Oh really? I read a little while a go that women with bigger boobs struggle so it got me all upset. I'm thrilled to here that may not be the case!

When you have large breasts it can make positioning a bit more difficult at first, but you learn pretty quick what works and what doesn't. I've known nursing mamas of all different sizes...from those that wear training bras to those that look like they're smuggling large watermelons under their shirts. biggrin

The trick to breastfeeding success is INFORMATION. If you want to nurse, read up on it. KellyMom is a great place to start! Breastfeeding is natural, yes...but it's something of a lost-art for those of us that grew up in a bottlefeeding culture. Education and support are vital! That's why I also suggest to everyone that they attend La Leche League meetings during pregnancy. It's a HUGE help if you run into trouble down the line!

User Image
I hope boob size isnt an issue....I'm an E...without children!

I'm more worried about that first latching and possible PND because its hereditary in my mother's side emo I know I'll have good support but...its one of my biggest fears, being a bad mum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff