Welcome to Gaia! ::

What crunchy things are you looking to get more into in 2013?

Eating healthier 0.47089947089947 47.1% [ 89 ]
Buying local 0.042328042328042 4.2% [ 8 ]
Recycling 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 9 ]
Using less fossil fuels 0.042328042328042 4.2% [ 8 ]
DIY & upcyling 0.21164021164021 21.2% [ 40 ]
Activism 0.068783068783069 6.9% [ 13 ]
Other stuff (post your alternatives!) 0.11640211640212 11.6% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 189 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 3801 3802 3803 > >> >>> »|
User Image

Celadonia - Yes and no. When you first start nursing it's normal to have some soreness, but PAIN indicates a problem. So it can hurt, but it shouldn't IF your baby is latched on correctly. After you get the hang of it, it rarely hurts. biggrin Biting isn't pleasant, but it's usually pretty easy to teach them not to bite Mommy.

It didn't feel weird at first to me...but if she was latched on right I could tell because it would make me SO SLEEPY! Your body produces Oxytocin when you nurse your baby which makes you happy and relaxed...and put me to sleep!

User Image
Celadonia
Nice thread, good to see a support group for it.

Genuine question...been wondering a while.
Does it hurt?
I mean, obviously if the munchkin bites, but if they don't?

I'd imagine it feels really wierd at first, too...

I've heard that it chaps over time because baby's spittle dries. Like in cold weather, you lick your lips to keep them moisturised, so they chap and hurt. There are creams and stuff for it, you could also switch to the other side till you heal, though then you have the problem of over-filling.

And baby doesnt usually bite till they lose the suck function, though they might bite if teething. gonk
JennyHarper

I've heard that it chaps over time because baby's spittle dries. Like in cold weather, you lick your lips to keep them moisturised, so they chap and hurt. There are creams and stuff for it, you could also switch to the other side till you heal, though then you have the problem of over-filling.

And baby doesnt usually bite till they lose the suck function, though they might bite if teething. gonk

I've never had a chapped n****e, but they do make creams if you're having an issue. I don't think it's a particular common issue. I recommend a Lanolin cream like this. You can find it at any drug store, Walmart, Target, etc.

When actively feeding a baby CAN'T bite you. It's when they stop eating and are just kinda messing around that you have to watch out. Not too hard to teach them to stop though! smile
SpiderMum
JennyHarper

I've never had a chapped n****e, but they do make creams if you're having an issue. I don't think it's a particular common issue. I recommend a Lanolin cream like this. You can find it at any drug store, Walmart, Target, etc.

When actively feeding a baby CAN'T bite you. It's when they stop eating and are just kinda messing around that you have to watch out. Not too hard to teach them to stop though! smile

My brother did that to my mum and giggled when she cried "OW" because he was biting. He was playing but still.

Darn you having children X(

Its sad that I have so much knowledge but cant put it into practice. I'm one of 6 kids, all 5 siblings are younger than me. I raised 2 of them almost alone because of PND.

Shy Elder

10,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Good to know! I don't plan on a child until I'm ready (likely during or after grad school, etc), but that question always nagged me haha.

I have heard of the sleepyness though...it's cute. whee
User Image

JennyHarper - Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have kids in the future!

Celadonia - Waiting and planning when to have kids can be really awesome. I had mine a year or two before my husband and I wanted to. While I don't want anything to be different, there are times it would have been nice to have had a bit more time to prepare and get financially ready.

User Image
SpiderMum
User Image

JennyHarper - Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have kids in the future!

Celadonia - Waiting and planning when to have kids can be really awesome. I had mine a year or two before my husband and I wanted to. While I don't want anything to be different, there are times it would have been nice to have had a bit more time to prepare and get financially ready.

User Image

Thats the mean thing I have right now. I need to get money together because I need IVF, and while the first treatment in England is covered by NHS I have to make sure we have money in case it fails. I'm in a gay relationship...so getting preggo is....well she doesnt have parts. Thats the main problem XD

I've always been maternal and my mum always tried to breast feed first. I watched her and learnt the tricks of the trade. I'm terrible in shopping centers....I want every baby I see.

Shy Elder

10,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Indeed!
We're in a tricky spot, because I want to have children fairly early, assuming my husband is the boyfriend I have now.
He's 11/12 years older than I, so I'd like to have time with the children with him, you know?

But the both of us definately need to be out of undergrad, and working on grad school...with a job, of course. They help. Emotionally, I'd love to have a baby right now, and I think he'd adjust too, but it would destroy our schooling and finances.
Celadonia
Indeed!
We're in a tricky spot, because I want to have children fairly early, assuming my husband is the boyfriend I have now.
He's 11/12 years older than I, so I'd like to have time with the children with him, you know?

But the both of us definately need to be out of undergrad, and working on grad school...with a job, of course. They help. Emotionally, I'd love to have a baby right now, and I think he'd adjust too, but it would destroy our schooling and finances.

25 is my age limit. I'm 20 in March so I have 5 years to get the money, a house and have excess money so I can not work for a year or two. My partner is a year older than me so we have plenty of time, but hormones and my body clock is...well I've given it a time out because I'm sorry we are not stopping for babies, so tough titties.

XD
User Image

JennyHarper - I know several lesbian couples who had IVF and used a donor to have kids. biggrin

Celadonia - Ah...babyfever! I remember those days....I don't get it anymore because I HATE newborns. xd

User Image
SpiderMum
User Image

JennyHarper - I know several lesbian couples who had IVF and used a donor to have kids. biggrin

Celadonia - Ah...babyfever! I remember those days....I don't get it anymore because I HATE newborns. xd

User Image

We were thinking that, but most of our friends who we could ask have depression XD Insanity collects as they say.

And how can you HATE newborns!! I looooove new baby smell. I wanna bottle it. XD
User Image

Newborns are floppy!!! xd Sure, they're cute...but they can't even smile at you. You do all that hard work...you're exhausted and worried about EVERYTHING...and the little bugger can't smile at you or give you a mildly approving look. rofl I like older babies...like once they can sit up and such....and I looooove this toddler stage.

Right now my little Bear-butt is eating spaghetti noodles. heart Before that she threw all her crayons and cereal in the floor. sweatdrop

User Image
SpiderMum
User Image

Newborns are floppy!!! xd Sure, they're cute...but they can't even smile at you. You do all that hard work...you're exhausted and worried about EVERYTHING...and the little bugger can't smile at you or give you a mildly approving look. rofl I like older babies...like once they can sit up and such....and I looooove this toddler stage.

Right now my little Bear-butt is eating spaghetti noodles. heart Before that she threw all her crayons and cereal in the floor. sweatdrop

User Image

rofl awwwwwww. Babies can smile you know. They smile in the womb, but because the new world is so new, bright and cold they dont want to. Once they are 4 weeks old then they get used to it.

I looooooooooooove new babies. So floppy and needy XD

Your little one sounds so cute. I call my sister Kathy-bear. And my partner is Lanni, Lan Lan, la la, squeaky, squeaken or ooogajooooba dooooo.
User Image

I admit my view of newborns is a bit odd...I had Postpartum Depression that went untreated for 4 months which might have something to do with how I feel about them.

Urgh....she's drawing on the table now. It's been a rough week...we've all been ill this past week, so I really just want to go back to bed. No such luck...I just get to watch while my child tears apart my kitchen. sweatdrop

User Image
SpiderMum
User Image

I admit my view of newborns is a bit odd...I had Postpartum Depression that went untreated for 4 months which might have something to do with how I feel about them.

Urgh....she's drawing on the table now. It's been a rough week...we've all been ill this past week, so I really just want to go back to bed. No such luck...I just get to watch while my child tears apart my kitchen. sweatdrop

User Image

Fuuuuuuuck. Thats all I can say. My mum has had PND 3 times with her last 3 children, hence me being mum to my youngest sibling, my only brother.

Give her some paper!!! Or get washable crayons DX

*huggles* for you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas