Welcome to Gaia! ::

What crunchy things are you looking to get more into in 2013?

Eating healthier 0.465 46.5% [ 93 ]
Buying local 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Recycling 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Using less fossil fuels 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
DIY & upcyling 0.21 21.0% [ 42 ]
Activism 0.08 8.0% [ 16 ]
Other stuff (post your alternatives!) 0.11 11.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 200 ]

Sparkly Wench

Yeah, I don't see the point in putting work into this place.
It's not like the walls are terribly disgusting and I'm depressed living here. XD It's a temporary situation and I'm too lazy to make it look all fancy!~

I wouldn't buy an apartment, or even a duplex for that matter. =/
Don't like being attached to people, I love my space, want to watch a movie loudly at night? Doesn't matter if you are in a house!~ ;D
Also tends to be harder to sell an apartment depending on where you live, especially since in some you have to pay maintenance fees. =/ Buy an apartment for 200k, spend $600 a month on maintenance fees on top of your mortgage payments!~ NO THANKS!~

I want a house with a decent sized yard so we can do stuff with it. lol
Don't want a tiny little yard, or being super close to other people!~

So I'm thinking about cutting out dairy. sweatdrop
I don't have issues with it, but I hear so many negative things about it online, I just feel as though only drinking water or tea is going to be so boring!~
What the ******** do you drink if you don't drink milk? XD

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

You drink juice!

I don't want a huge yard. Just big enough to have BBQs in the back and to have a small little garden and a hammock. If my backyard could be entirely deck with a small garden space then I would be in heaven lol
I drink water kefir.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm afraid to try kefir since I hated kombucha so much. Does it have that fermented taste too? I can't stand that taste, that's why I don't drink wine or beer that old yeast taste makes me want to chuck.
mawsibeth
I'm afraid to try kefir since I hated kombucha so much. Does it have that fermented taste too? I can't stand that taste, that's why I don't drink wine or beer that old yeast taste makes me want to chuck.

So it doesn't taste anything like kombucha at all!

I don't really ferment mine long anyway. I don't want it fizzy, I just do the first ferment, then mix it with juice or whatever and keep it in the fridge. My FAVORITE is flavored with frozen fruit. Just let the fruit soak for a day in the fridge and the result is AMAZING and tastes super light and fresh. heart

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Frau Holda

So it doesn't taste anything like kombucha at all!

I don't really ferment mine long anyway. I don't want it fizzy, I just do the first ferment, then mix it with juice or whatever and keep it in the fridge. My FAVORITE is flavored with frozen fruit. Just let the fruit soak for a day in the fridge and the result is AMAZING and tastes super light and fresh. heart

I may try some. I need more healthy things to drink. For the most part I just make a honey and cinnamon paste and pour milk over it and mix it. It's delicious but it gives me tummy troubles after a while. I keep hearing how refreshing it is from a lot of people but I heard the same about kombucha but now that I know there's a big difference I may have to convince R to get some grains for me. Thanks!

Sparkly Wench

I was meaning to do that after I went away in the summer and never got around to getting the cultures. sweatdrop

I'm just kind of confused on what type of water you have to use.
Can't be run through a Brita filter, but our city water is obviously chlorinated.
Sooo.. the site says this.. "If using tap water, we do recommend filtering the water to remove as many additives, chemicals and contaminants as possible. If filtering is not possible, aerating or boiling the water will generally remove at least the chlorine."
So if you have chlorinated water I guess you should put it through a brita filter, then boil it, THEN make sure you are using raw sugar/white sugar and molasses?

I JUST DON'T WANT TO MESS IT UP. D:

Edittttt!~
How much room is required for water kefir? Totally forgot that our kitchen is extremely small and we have zero counter space as it is. D:
Will it makes the area smell kinda weird as well? Depending on how big the set up is I could re-arrange the cupboards.
The paint in our apartment was white and it had stains all ******** over it. I asked them to paint it before we moved in because it looked nasty and they did. lol We've painted in our house, I still need to do Tristan's room though.

My dad took me shopping today for my birthday and spoiled me in clothing. I'm so grateful, I needed clothes bad. I was able to find 2 pairs of jeans that fit PERFECT and that is so rare for me seeing as I'm fat plus I'm short, with short legs.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm 5 foot 9 and all legs with, as my grandma so delicately puts it, 'an a** like a Cadillac' so I'm pretty limited in jean styles, that was one of the big winning factors for me in switchy to big hippie skirts lol

Sparkly Wench

Ew. D:
Before we moved in here they were going to tear everything out and re-do the whole place, but we needed a place so we moved in with the gross carpet and ugly old everything. XD
The people who lived here before smoked.. or the people before.. this place was built in the 70's!~ So yeah.. whenever we shower or do laundry, or the house gets humid in the summer the walls bleed with brownish crap. D:
It was TERRIBLE when we first moved in here.. but after using the magic eraser on it every so often.. it's happening far less.. still nasty though. sad

I don't really have a hard time buying jeans. Sometimes it's hard to find ones that are long enough. OR they fit in the thighs but are so loose around my hips. =/
I HATE the shitty 00, 0, 1, 2 sizing. THAT makes jean shopping horrible.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

I HATE how in most popular stores (especially within the mall) they charge an additional $20 if you need an extra inch of fabric.
I'm sorry but the difference between a size 12 and a size 14 is not worth the huge price jump.

Rugby starts soon though!
I'm excited. I need to start making more money so I can afford going to the pub to watch the games. Patrick and I started doing that last year and it is so much fun because the pub we go to, when Ireland is playing SO many Irish (and by Irish I mean from Ireland) people go there and get so into it.
Intox - Magic Erasers do work wonders. Tristan's walls were pretty gross but we used that and all good. I still wanna paint his room, though. I need to take him so he can pick a color.

Sal - I feel you on that one :/ I hate that plus size clothing is sooo much but I have to fork it out to have clothing, arg. X_X;

Taxes - Our taxes went through and we should have them back by Wednesday, WOOTWOOT!

Shirtless Informer

Hippie skirts FTW~

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Taxes- I have to remember to call my old school tomorrow. They sent me my form for taxes but it's blank stare
I realize more and more how incompetent they are there.

Sparkly Wench

$20 more? ******** that s**t.
I know a lot of sites will charge $2~ more for a plus size shirt. Buttt.. xs-xl are all the same price! Even though xs and xl are totally different sizes. =/
So I don't get it at all. XD Yeah it's more fabric.. but if that was the case wouldn't ever size be a different price?

That sounds like fun!~ n_n

Oh yeah!~ They are wonderful! It's just getting the motivation to use them. XD I see the same spot enough times that I feel like I need to deal with it.

I got my forms from my work.. but Shawn needs his from both his jobs last year. =/
Since he's no longer employed at either they have to mail them out.. so yay waiting game!~
I think all his school info is good to go though. Just fill in the blanks? XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces