Welcome to Gaia! ::

What crunchy things are you looking to get more into in 2013?

Eating healthier 0.465 46.5% [ 93 ]
Buying local 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Recycling 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Using less fossil fuels 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
DIY & upcyling 0.21 21.0% [ 42 ]
Activism 0.08 8.0% [ 16 ]
Other stuff (post your alternatives!) 0.11 11.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 200 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 3801 3802 3803 > >> >>> »|

Hey Kim!

I miss BFing. It was our special time, mommy and baby time.
(whoever i was nursing at the time)
Adara quit while i was pregnant with Noah, they said it could possibly be because of the change in milk taste. When she saw Noah feeding, she wanted to try again, she tried and she said: no, that's bubbas turn now. I'm a big girl xd
User Image

Rayne - Once when my sister was still nursing she took a syringe of cow milk out of the fridge and shot my father with it. rofl The way she did it, he thought it was breastmilk from the boob. xp I swear the man almost went white (which is saying something for his skintone)! It was hilarious! Just don't squirt your dad and I'm sure he'll get used to it. biggrin

Shar - Yeah, sometimes pregnancy can change the taste or make your supply dip. That's so cute what she said though! heart

User Image
My Dad really pushed formula on me when I was pregnant. When I told him I was BFing. He was not very supportive. ><

I'm really close with him. So I'm HOPING this will not hurt our relationship, when it shouldn't.

I've squirt Todd before....... hehe.
Kim - lol xd i don't think i ever sprayed anyone with my milk xd

My milk has only just left my system User Image

EDIT::
Rayne - it would be pretty sucky if he wasn't supportive sad
He should realise, your baby - your ways
User Image

Shar - I've gotten myself in the eye before....by accident. sweatdrop I've squirted Aaron before and Dani often by accident (like when the milk lets down and she pops off...and it goes everywhere!)

Rayne - Surely he cares more about your relationship than that!

User Image
Oh i have gotten myself and the kids by accident, but never squirted anyone on purpose that i can remember xd
yes the let down, ahh those were the days when they would pull away and get a faceful of milk rofl
I'm not breastfeeding as I'm not married and not planning to have a child with my SO until well after we've married and are set up for one.

But I really feel the need to post here. I am so glad this exists. I can't believe how many people I've heard that look down upon breastfeeding and urge bottle. I mean.. Breastfeeding is natural so I have no idea who it's seen as taboo.

I will certainly be breastfeeding my children and my SO supports this 100% =]
User Image

Zuluu - Glad to hear you want to BF your future children! It has been SO rewarding for me. I love my little nursling! biggrin

User Image
I really hope so.
He hasn't seen me since March.

Also. My sister will be competing in a pageant. And I need to find an appropriate dress to wear there that will allow me to breastfeed. Nervous about that though too. Seeing as it is a formal event. But it's not exactly easy to get up and leave. Or EVERYONE there will see me. On the plus, it's with people who are pretty much family. A whole room of them. So they SHOULD understand.

Sparkly Wench

I think this thread is wonderful! heart
I'm not a mother; or pregnant, or trying to get pregnant but I know that once I do make babies I will breastfeed them; or at least try for months to do it!~
I really didn't want too.. but then I heard that it doesn't mess with your nipples.. and besides if you have a child other parts of your body are going to get messed up; and it's for the good of the baby!

QUESTION; if you are bringing home a newborn and you plan on breastfeeding should you buy a couple of bottles and a small container of formula? You know just in case you can't do it at first and you have a hungry baby.
Anddd; if you have n****e piercings should you take them out as soon as you find out your pregnant so they can heal before your milk comes in?
Rayne - i'm sure you will find something, they have HEAPS of breastfeeding clothes available now even formal ones biggrin
And even if you don't, yes family should understand.
panda rayne
My Dad really pushed formula on me when I was pregnant. When I told him I was BFing. He was not very supportive. ><

I'm really close with him. So I'm HOPING this will not hurt our relationship, when it shouldn't.

I've squirt Todd before....... hehe.

I find this interesting what was your Dad's argument against breast feeding. Breast milk contains way more nutrients, creates a stronger bond, and is free. How could he back up an inferior and more costly method to nuturing your baby?
User Image
Intoxikace

QUESTION; if you are bringing home a newborn and you plan on breastfeeding should you buy a couple of bottles and a small container of formula? You know just in case you can't do it at first and you have a hungry baby.
Anddd; if you have n****e piercings should you take them out as soon as you find out your pregnant so they can heal before your milk comes in?

If you want to succeed at nursing, having formula in the house is a BAD idea. It makes it that much easier to give up when things aren't going smoothly....which is why formula companies send pregnant woman home with cans of the stuff. stressed Anyway, I didn't have any formula or bottles in the house at first. It can be handy to have a pump though, which usually come with a bottle or two in the package.

As for pierced nipples - You can keep the piercing in the entire pregnancy and when you're nursing too. You just take the jewelry out when you are feeding the baby, and put it back in when the baby is done feeding. biggrin

User Image
User Image

Rayne - Motherwear Nursing Dresses Of if you get something with a stretchy neck you can just wear a little shrug with it. biggrin

User Image

Sparkly Wench

Never thought of it like that.
I would just be worried about my new baby being hungry.
Can you start pumping as soon as your milk comes in; or should you just throw your baby on the boob as soon as you have them? Then just nurse when you are sitting around the house?

That's good to know. =]
I'd still probably take them out though... just because I'd rather not need to take them out then stick them back in all the time. Especially if I pass out with a baby on my tit. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff