• Super Tipsy 200
Me and my husband mock anime couples.

Usually Fushigi Yuugi Tamahome & Miaka.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
acting disgustingly adorable is one thing -- I ******** love being cute!

but behaving like an anime is seriously weird. o_O; they have the right to do it, I'm not saying they should knock it off. but people like that annoy me. and I think it's really evidence of an unrealistic expectation of relationships, sex, general behavior, and social life, as influenced by peer pressure to fall into fads.

I have had friends try to argue that all stories are best expressed or told through the medium of anime and manga. that is how pervasive it is. and I think that that is a crying shame.
Chieftain Twilight

but behaving like an anime is seriously weird. o_O; they have the right to do it, I'm not saying they should knock it off. but people like that annoy me. and I think it's really evidence of an unrealistic expectation of relationships, sex, general behavior, and social life, as influenced by peer pressure to fall into fads.

I have had friends try to argue that all stories are best expressed or told through the medium of anime and manga. that is how pervasive it is. and I think that that is a crying shame.

That's a deep way of looking at it, and you're completely right o: All stories as in EVERY single story ever told? Doctor Who, Resident Evil and even The Godfather would all be better off as anime/manga according to these people?

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
3am Orchid
Chieftain Twilight

That's a deep way of looking at it, and you're completely right o: All stories as in EVERY single story ever told? Doctor Who, Resident Evil and even The Godfather would all be better off as anime/manga according to these people?

yup, that's what they say. they claim that they have never come across any show, book, movie, comic, or anything, which wouldn't be just as good or better as an anime.

I wouldn't say it's deep... just ... that's what I think of it. I'm critical and practical.
Chieftain Twilight
3am Orchid
Chieftain Twilight

yup, that's what they say. they claim that they have never come across any show, book, movie, comic, or anything, which wouldn't be just as good or better as an anime.

I wouldn't say it's deep... just ... that's what I think of it. I'm critical and practical.

That's interesting x_x & well, it's impressive by my standards haha ^_^

Invisible Tipper

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
gaia_star
That's annoying as hell. There's no excuse for that, have some self restraint. It's one thing in a large social setting when it can be easily dismissed, but when it's a small group, that's extremely awkward. A hug and kiss or some small unobtrusive things are perfectly fine but being obnoxious like that, screw that. I NEVER do that crap around others with my fiance. If anyone I knew did that around me in such a setting, I think I'd just leave. Like, call me when you grow up. talk2hand

Invisible Humorist

If I was you I'd just leave...what's the point in your friend inviting you to hang out when she's being all lovey dovey with her boyfriend in your face...constantly. Also acting like an anime character, or any character, kinda scares me.

Desirable Lunatic

Tipsy Prophet

"Oooh, look at how in love we are, look at us trying to drown you in syrup by s**t we saw in animu, U JELLY YET"
How old are these people anyway?

Magical Tree

오글~~~ 후

nty. too much lovey and aegyo and i feel nauseated.

Tipsy Fatcat

I had friends on my "clique" who acted like animes in general. People taught we where all creeps. Since i'm not a animes fan and like 3 of my good friends acted that way, it was SUPER awkward. Embarassing. like for an exemple;

We where about 5-6 people in a circle just chit-chatting and one of my friend crouched and started staring at the floor. Everyone stop talking ad looked at him. It was really random. Also, he crouched on the science labs chair when he was in science and all his facial move where like an anime. He had emo hair and part of it was covering his eyes, so when he lift his head, he'd lift it super slowly and dramticaly and stared at a person with this glare before talking to him. One of my friend told me that he was acting like "L"? in death note i think.

An other exemple, he was in love with one of my bestfriends (girl) and she acted like an anime as well. Se didn'T liked him back and it was JUST like an anime soapapra. Like he's punch walls and they would give themself anime names, some s**t like "Tuni-chuu" idk, it was always overly dramatic in our group because of them acting all weird and depressed all the time.

Anyway, I have plenty of other stories but I don't want to start writting a book here, unless someone whats to know more XD!

Profitable Prophet

My partner and I only get that bad when we're alone. And not even that cute. In public? The occasional hug or kiss in the forehead. Maybe when we're walking he'll twirl me, but there's a lot of ballroom dancers in our group anyway.

I know some people that act like that video in public and it's annoying. My roommate and her boyfriend. She kind of tries to be that "cute" but it just sounds like whining to me. It drives me nuts in a bad way.
Cookz Monster
I had friends on my "clique" who acted like animes in general. People taught we where all creeps. Since i'm not a animes fan and like 3 of my good friends acted that way, it was SUPER awkward. Embarassing. like for an exemple;

We where about 5-6 people in a circle just chit-chatting and one of my friend crouched and started staring at the floor. Everyone stop talking ad looked at him. It was really random. Also, he crouched on the science labs chair when he was in science and all his facial move where like an anime. He had emo hair and part of it was covering his eyes, so when he lift his head, he'd lift it super slowly and dramticaly and stared at a person with this glare because talking to him. One of my friend told me that he was acting like "L"? in death note i think.

An other exemple, he was in love with one of my bestfriends (girl) and she acted like an anime as well. Se didn'T liked him back and it was JUST like an anime soapapra. Like he's punch walls and they would give themself anime names, some s**t like "Tuni-chuu" idk, it was always overly dramatic in our group because of them acting all weird and depressed all the time.

Anyway, I have plenty of other stories but I don't want to start writting a book here, unless someone whats to know more XD!
This is entertaining. More please. XD

I knew a few people that acted like they were in an anime. Not like an anime couple, but it was close. Things like putting -chan, -kun, -sensei after peoples names. Saying random japanese words mixed in with their english. Super highpitched voices. Squee~ing. And then acting out emoticons you'd see in anime, for example: when they get into an embarrassing situation, they would put their hand behind their head and start scratching it in a big motion while going, "Eheheh...eto.."

Tipsy Fatcat

xiatara
Cookz Monster

We where about 5-6 people in a circle just chit-chatting and one of my friend crouched and started staring at the floor. Everyone stop talking ad looked at him. It was really random. Also, he crouched on the science labs chair when he was in science and all his facial move where like an anime. He had emo hair and part of it was covering his eyes, so when he lift his head, he'd lift it super slowly and dramticaly and stared at a person with this glare because talking to him. One of my friend told me that he was acting like "L"? in death note i think.

This is entertaining. More please. XD

I knew a few people that acted like they were in an anime. Not like an anime couple, but it was close. Things like putting -chan, -kun, -sensei after peoples names. Saying random japanese words mixed in with their english. Super highpitched voices. Squee~ing. And then acting out emoticons you'd see in anime, for example: when they get into an embarrassing situation, they would put their hand behind their head and start scratching it in a big motion while going, "Eheheh...eto.."

OH MY GOD. One of my friend was like that as well, she called me something like Naty-chan and she'd act just like that aswell. T he way that she walked was special too. It looked like she walk like a horse kinda, it's hard to explain but she was always walking beside the walls with her head down and it was kinda weird. You should have seen there argument! (my girl friend and my wanna be L friend) it was too dramatic, sometime they would stare at each other without saying a word and out of the no where the dude would punch the wall and run away. It was awkward because we where about 5-6 people there and everyone would stare at them lmao, it was funny to me tho hahaha. oh and like 30 mns later he would come back with a bleeding nuckle and he would let it bleed. I guess it was for her to feel pity for him. And then she'd flee and we had to run after her. lmao I had weird friends.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff