Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys, lately I have been constantly exhausted. I spent most of my time sleeping, almost always feeling tired. It's like I can't get anything done. I feel like all I do is a small amount of work, eat and sleep. What could be causing this? I miss having energy and being able to do things I enjoy instead of sleeping all the time.

Tipsy Kitten

Maybe you have a fatigue syndrome, idk. Depression? If it's really impeding on your daily life, go see a doctor?

I'm always exhausted because I work a lot, have school, homework, clinical hours, etc.
I have to get up at 4am tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it.

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
There a multitude of problems that could be producing those symptoms.

Depression, fatigue, anxiety/stress, diet, sitting down too much, irregular sleep schedule, bipolar disorder, etc.

I have what is known as S.A.D - seasonal affective disorder. Most human beings with regular circadian rhythms are S.A.D, but others feel it more than most. For me, when the weather gets gloomier and the sun sets sooner and rises later I experience irregular exhaustion. Certain rods in the periphery our eyes sense the impending darkness and that stimulates the production of melatonin, a natural sleep-inducer, which basically shuts your system down and makes it hard to function once the sun sets. Plus you've been sleeping a ton and probably have very irregular sleeping cycle, so that just compounds the fatigue symptoms and you feel way worse.

Rambling, sorr

Sex and a good balanced diet is my self-professed therapy. Good, hard work outs every single day will help fight off the urge to sleep and improve your mood, even if you really really would rather go to bed.

I would seek professional help to isolate the cause and manage the symptoms (: Edit: meds can also help but come with an array of side effects~

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
flauterfli

Depression, fatigue, anxiety/stress, diet, sitting down too much, irregular sleep schedule, bipolar disorder, etc.

I have what is known as S.A.D - seasonal affective disorder. Most human beings with regular circadian rhythms are S.A.D, but others feel it more than most. For me, when the weather gets gloomier and the sun sets sooner and rises later I experience irregular exhaustion. Certain rods in the periphery our eyes sense the impending darkness and that stimulates the production of melatonin, a natural sleep-inducer, which basically shuts your system down and makes it hard to function once the sun sets. Plus you've been sleeping a ton and probably have very irregular sleeping cycle, so that just compounds the fatigue symptoms and you feel way worse.

Rambling, sorr

Sex and a good balanced diet is my self-professed therapy. Good, hard work outs every single day will help fight off the urge to sleep and improve your mood, even if you really really would rather go to bed.

I would seek professional help to isolate the cause and manage the symptoms (: Edit: meds can also help but come with an array of side effects~

I was always amused by the name of that disorder.
S.A.D.
Sad.
Because you are, ostensibly, sad when you have it.
It's like a figurative slap in the face. "Feelin' down? Sounds like you've got the S.A.D.s, eh? The SADs? Because you're sad? Hooo... I am a certified professional, hahaha!"

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Raven Winter
flauterfli

Rambling, sorr

I was always amused by the name of that disorder.
S.A.D.
Sad.
Because you are, ostensibly, sad when you have it.
It's like a figurative slap in the face. "Feelin' down? Sounds like you've got the S.A.D.s, eh? The SADs? Because you're sad? Hooo... I am a certified professional, hahaha!"

Haha yup. I always felt the same way
With all the "gettin' around" you do, I would suggest going to a clinic.
It could be the way you eat...too much sugar to be exact. I was the same way as you for a looooooong time because I fell into a slump of neglecting my food and exercise. Then I started running and I started feeling a bit of energy again. Once I decided to eat healthier I now feel like I have tons of energy.

So yeah just try and live a healthy lifestyle! Its easy to slip but having been there myself it makes a huge difference in the amount of energy you have and how tired you feel.
flauterfli

Rambling, sorr

I feel it could be seasonal. I was always extremely tired around this time last year too. I slept for 3 days straight. I also get extremely depressed around this time of year.

Liberal Receiver

A whole host of things could be a culprit. Low B vitamin levels, Low iron(both being able t cause anemia and thus, tiredness.), sleep apnea, not getting enough protein, depression, so on, so fourth.

I have a bit of SAD mixed with general all-the time mildly depression. I used to have sleep apnea when I was heavier.

Sparkly Fatcat

12,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Megathread 100

You could be anemic. I have this issue. It's not so bad anymore, but a few years ago I would literally pass out for three hours or so while doing things like homework, or just sitting and playing a video game. Turns out I was borderline for needing a transfusion.

See a doctor. They'll be able to send you for bloodwork and tell you if you are. You just have to take iron.

Dapper Smoker

2,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
vit D deficiency is common this time of year and causes all of that

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
Might wanna see a doctor or a therapist, depending on whether you think it's a mental or a physical issue. It wouldn't hurt to go to both. I know mine is a combination of being physically sick (stomach issues and heart condition) and my depression, so it could be both things for you. But you won't know 'til you get it checked out.
If the problem started with regular naps during the day - your body might have started expecting the naps. I would suggest trying to stay awake regardless of how tired you feel, and if you don't have the energy to stay active then do something low energy that would keep you distracted. Wake up and go to bed at reasonable hours until you adjust and don't take anymore naps.

Or accept that you' re turning into a bear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff