Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
The army sucks.

Get respect and honor out of being a decent citizen. Joining the army will make only a certain, conservative/traditional crowd like you. Everyone else? Will be justified in hating you for joining such a foul institution.

If you MUST go into the military, I suggest Navy or Air Force.

All men in my family were soldiers, Commanders,Generals etc. My uncle is currently in the army, I just think it's something a man should experience, I need some discipline, And i guess its also because it has been a childhood dream of mine.

And how come navy or air force? (If i could pick out of those i would have picked Navy)
So basically saying "Oh because everyone else did it I should do it." Get some discipline on your own, stop letting the drill sergeant be your mommy. And let's also be clear; many men are simply not allowed to enlist. So it's not necessary to being a man, for the record.

Basicly, Yes :p
And how come there not allowed to enlist?
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
The army sucks.

Get respect and honor out of being a decent citizen. Joining the army will make only a certain, conservative/traditional crowd like you. Everyone else? Will be justified in hating you for joining such a foul institution.

All men in my family were soldiers, Commanders,Generals etc. My uncle is currently in the army, I just think it's something a man should experience, I need some discipline, And i guess its also because it has been a childhood dream of mine.

And how come navy or air force? (If i could pick out of those i would have picked Navy)
So basically saying "Oh because everyone else did it I should do it." Get some discipline on your own, stop letting the drill sergeant be your mommy. And let's also be clear; many men are simply not allowed to enlist. So it's not necessary to being a man, for the record.

There are a lot reasons.
My friend can't get in because he has depression. He was an Eagle Scout and he's totally qualified, but they won't let him in because of his depression.
I can't get in because my genitalia is atypical. The military will examine your junk and they don't let you in if your parts aren't normal.
A lot of people are medically exempt, usually for stupid reasons.
You can be a sociopath, but you can't be a little blue.

Beloved Inquisitor

My boyfriend wants to join the Army... scares me to death. gonk

Get in shape, and learn to respect those who have authority over you.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
The army sucks.

There are a lot reasons.
My friend can't get in because he has depression. He was an Eagle Scout and he's totally qualified, but they won't let him in because of his depression.
I can't get in because my genitalia is atypical. The military will examine your junk and they don't let you in if your parts aren't normal.

I never knew that o,o Is that everywhere or just in the US?
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
The army sucks.

There are a lot reasons.

The United States. I could enlist in Canada. Though depression is a big one. IDK where that effects. There are, I believe, 6 or 7 countries in the world that allow transsexuals to serve.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz

There are a lot reasons.

The United States. I could enlist in Canada. Though depression is a big one. IDK where that effects. There are, I believe, 6 or 7 countries in the world that allow transsexuals to serve.

That does sound like a harsh rule.

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
French Foreign Legion

It's your only hope.
Be realistic about what the military is. It isn't about honor and respect, so to speak, it's employment just like every other job with the addition of putting your life on the line for your country. You are essentially a disposable source to the military.

Other than that, if you want a good job while going in, study hard for the ASVAB and do a lot of cardio, push-ups and sit-ups. There are some sites online that you can visit that will tell you what you'll be required to do in basic training.

Getting a great score on the ASVAB allows you to shop your score around, that way you're less likely to be influenced into taking a job that you wouldn't want and you become someone that the military wants, giving you the upper hand.
Mysterious Drifter
French Foreign Legion

It's your only hope.

French Foreign Legion is just as tough as getting into the US military, with the addition of having to travel France on your own dime.
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz
Double D Melonz
Dr Raymond Stantz

There are a lot reasons.

That does sound like a harsh rule.

Psychological disorders will prevent someone from getting into the US military, particularly if you have a history of it or if you've on medication. And with this economy waivers are nearly impossible to get unless you find the right recruiter. But that type of recruiter might try to exploit you into taking a dangerous job.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Ranallo Jenner
Mysterious Drifter
French Foreign Legion

It's your only hope.

French Foreign Legion is just as tough as getting into the US military, with the addition of having to travel France on your own dime.

And having to learn french (With the ''brother'' program), I do think getting into the FFL is harder than the US military.
Double D Melonz
Ranallo Jenner
Mysterious Drifter
French Foreign Legion

It's your only hope.

And having to learn french (With the ''brother'' program), I do think getting into the FFL is harder than the US military.

It is good to have a knowledge of French. But they pretty much drill it into you during training. When a drill instructor is yelling commands at you in French and punishes you for not understanding him, I think anyone would pick the language up.

I thought about joining the French Foreign Legion at one point and read up on the entry process. What's both cool and silly about it is that you can request a new name and identity if you get in.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Ranallo Jenner
Be realistic about what the military is. It isn't about honor and respect, so to speak, it's employment just like every other job with the addition of putting your life on the line for your country. You are essentially a disposable source to the military.

Other than that, if you want a good job while going in, study hard for the ASVAB and do a lot of cardio, push-ups and sit-ups. There are some sites online that you can visit that will tell you what you'll be required to do in basic training.

Getting a great score on the ASVAB allows you to shop your score around, that way you're less likely to be influenced into taking a job that you wouldn't want and you become someone that the military wants, giving you the upper hand.

You're right, And to be honest i never thought of it that way.
And I've been looking at those sites recently and have been following whats written, I was just wondering what Gaians would say.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Ranallo Jenner
Double D Melonz
Ranallo Jenner
Mysterious Drifter
French Foreign Legion

It's your only hope.

It is good to have a knowledge of French. But they pretty much drill it into you during training. When a drill instructor is yelling commands at you in French and punishes you for not understanding him, I think anyone would pick the language up.

I thought about joining the French Foreign Legion at one point and read up on the entry process. What's both cool and silly about it is that you can request a new name and identity if you get in.

Joining the French Foreign Legion is pretty much a new begin, (Picked this up from weaponology)
New identity, A new family.
I also heard they even take people who have gone to jail or have done something bad.
Double D Melonz
Ranallo Jenner
Double D Melonz
Ranallo Jenner
Mysterious Drifter
French Foreign Legion

It's your only hope.

Joining the French Foreign Legion is pretty much a new begin, (Picked this up from weaponology)
New identity, A new family.
I also heard they even take people who have gone to jail or have done something bad.

The FFL used to take random people, but not really anymore. It depends upon what a person with a past criminal record did. If it's something severe, no, they wouldn't take the person. But minor incidents are overlooked, maybe even something like tax evasion or a bar fight.

The FFL will also send a recruit to some hellish places. The plus side is, if you're still alive after a year of service, you can put in a request for an administrative job, and retirement is as short as 15 years of service. Past military experience is preferable, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff