Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you shy?

yes, and i hate it 0.6875 68.8% [ 132 ]
yes, but i like it 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 14 ]
nope, but i wish i was (if you choose this one, i will kill you) 0.020833333333333 2.1% [ 4 ]
nope, glad im not! 0.125 12.5% [ 24 ]
yea...whatever, POLL WHORE!! 0.09375 9.4% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 192 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Skyenskea
omg i need a napkin
Skyenskea
omg i need a napkin
Thesechildishgames
i missed out on so many opportunities because of my shyness ]:<

I feel that way everyday T-T

Maybe someday we start cracking a little bit when we want something badly enough? question

I find sometimes if you're around certain people, they can make you feel a bit more confident for example =]

Yea, I love that feeling of being completely comfortable around the people your with, but some people can do the complete opposite

True...

One piece of advice I heard recently was: try and say at least one thing to someone every day.
Build confidence I suppose 3nodding

Anyway, I must go and sleep now! mrgreen
Bye everyone xxx

Oh! thats good, I'm going to try to do that!

nighty night! 3nodding
Year0fTheCat
HelblindeDJ
When you are in a situation were you might become very shy and nervous, just ask yourself why you are nervous. I always did it back when I was "kinda" shy and it made me feel more comfortable when I realized that there was nothing to be nervous about.

Or you could always try alcohol wink

Oh your good at this advise stoof 4laugh
(I'm ignoring the alcohol thing though neutral )

Haha yeah smile The alcohol thing was mainly a stupid joke.

It's all about your confidence. The reason that all of us are shy or nervous sometimes is because we are afraid to fail (Maybe get rejected by someone, people laughing at you when you are trying to do something etc)

You have to remember that everyone have those feelings, not just you. If people are laughing at you because you are too shy to tell that boy/girl about your feelings, it's usually because they wouldn't have the courage to tell them either.
HelblindeDJ
Year0fTheCat
HelblindeDJ
When you are in a situation were you might become very shy and nervous, just ask yourself why you are nervous. I always did it back when I was "kinda" shy and it made me feel more comfortable when I realized that there was nothing to be nervous about.

Or you could always try alcohol wink

Oh your good at this advise stoof 4laugh
(I'm ignoring the alcohol thing though neutral )

Haha yeah smile The alcohol thing was mainly a stupid joke.

It's all about your confidence. The reason that all of us are shy or nervous sometimes is because we are afraid to fail (Maybe get rejected by someone, people laughing at you when you are trying to do something etc)

You have to remember that everyone have those feelings, not just you. If people are laughing at you because you are too shy to tell that boy/girl about your feelings, it's usually because they wouldn't have the courage to tell them either.

Your sooo good at this! blaugh You deserve an award! 4laugh
(I'll comment on your profile! ^.^ )
I'm extremely shy until I know that someone is interested in talking with me. Then it's hard to shut me up. xd But most of my time at school I spend in silence, because I never have the courage to speak up...that and I can never find anything to say. Tis very annoying.
im not shy...and i'm glad i'm not...i hate it when people are shy...
I use to be really, really, really shy for years and years. Lately, in the past two years or so I'm much more less shy thanks to being around outgoing people over the years, and self-confidence that has built up. I'm still a little shy around new people...but it doesn't last too long, if they're good people.

I ain't no scared no more.

: )
I'm really shy. And i hate it, because i can't be myself to people that i don't know that well.
I think i'm considered a boring person among those who don't know me at school, because i barely talk to them.
I'm horribly shy.
I find that it can feel really limiting sometimes.
But around people I really 'click' with I'm pretty good.
I hate being shy though..
I wish I could break away from it.
People always say its not hard but it really is. @__@
Being shy sucks when you can't stand up for yourself and let people walk all over you. It also sucks when you won't do things you want to do because you don't want to draw attention to yourself. |:

Otherwise I don't mind it too much. I never had the desire to really talk to people so I like being quiet. In fact I kind of hate it when people come up and talk to me... But I get too shy to tell them to go away D<
I was so nervous and shy around my boyfriend that he broke up with me today.
i used to be really shy until i spent 2 years in the same school now im just a little shy when put in unfamiliar terratory

Fluffy Snacker

15,375 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Friendly 100
sweatdrop
Really, I'm not that shy. I'm quite outgoing... When I'm not around someone I feel attracted to. The main reason I started back up on Gaia again is because I'm so nervous about talking to a person I know that I can't face her in real life. Heck, as it is, I'm summoning up the courage to just PM her!
DontKicktheBrit
I'm extremely shy until I know that someone is interested in talking with me. Then it's hard to shut me up. xd But most of my time at school I spend in silence, because I never have the courage to speak up...that and I can never find anything to say. Tis very annoying.

Thats pretty much exactly how i am. sweatdrop
It really annoys me when somebody tells me that I'm too shy.
Shy? You have no idea what I go through! My teachers constantly pick on me, my group members at my table get bored, my friends start leaving me out of their convo's cuz i dont reply, and my family freakin forces me to talk to relatives and make a fool of myself! its crazy and i hate it, but what can i do? its who i am and i'm not going to change it. i've learned to accept myself smile and so should u no matter what others say! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff