Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a cough so I'm drinking hot tea.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
I get high off of cough syrup then feel 100x better.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Pikkewyn
If you are sick, sleep.
Sleep a lot! You need it. If you are very sick, it might be that just three days is not enough. The last time I was sick, I slept for a full week (but I also had a 40 degrees celsius fever).
And get the vitamins you need. Drink a lot of fresh fruit juice.

Also, the tea with honey actually does help. The tea (and other drinks, like the juice) does help against irritation, and it is important to stay hydrated. The honey has antibacterial components in it, which can help fighting against a bacterial infection you have or might catch. It is very likely that you just have a virus, but it is quite common that people who had a flu or cold get a bacterial infection afterwards, which you can recognize by the colour of everything you sneeze out or cough up. Plus, the honey also soothens, although you might not need it.

If you are very sick, you might not feel the need to eat a lot. But make sure you do get some energy. Don't drink water, but as I said, drink juices or tea with honey. The soup you ate also is good. But fresh soups are always better.

The honey tea was awesome. Definitely something I'm going to do more often.

And I can't be bothered to make fresh homemade soup right now. I know canned is full of sodium and generally not very good for you, but it made me feel better xd

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Pink Plaid

xd you would.

I couldn't do that, I'd probably trip out and have extreme nightmares. Nyquil already gives me nightmares, so I can only imagine what a high dose of cough syrup would do.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Bubble Shark
Pink Plaid

xd you would.

I couldn't do that, I'd probably trip out and have extreme nightmares. Nyquil already gives me nightmares, so I can only imagine what a high dose of cough syrup would do.

I tripped out once and thought my bed turned into a spaceship and I was flying through space. emotion_awesome

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Pink Plaid
Bubble Shark
Pink Plaid

xd you would.

I tripped out once and thought my bed turned into a spaceship and I was flying through space. emotion_awesome

xd awesome. I'm the sort that freaks out and paranoid panics, so it's not my thing.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Digital Fiend
I love homemade chicken noole soup. I just had Bronchitis, the doctor prescribed me cough medicine that I only took twice b/c I hate liquid medicine.

I love liquid medicine. I remember having sputum a long time ago. That Robitussin medicine cleared up that s**t so easily. I was impressed.

I just don't like the taste. James is the only person able to get me to take it. I'm such a baby. I'll admit.

I love gel caps.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Bubble Shark
Digital Fiend
I love homemade chicken noole soup. I just had Bronchitis, the doctor prescribed me cough medicine that I only took twice b/c I hate liquid medicine.

I hate it too, but it works fantastically for me. I may go to the doctor if I'm still this sick in a few days. Some cough syrup with codeine would be fantastic...

I'd give you mine if I could. I mean, I know you're not supposed to give out medicine like that, but I have two bottles, I only took two doses in the past week. And even then it was forced.

My baby slept well those two times. Let me tell you. ^_^;

Super Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Bubble Shark
Though, I think it's the flu, not a cold, I AM REALLY SICK.

So, I'm here to talk cold/flu remedies, and other stuff about being sick.

1. first of all~ bed rest. I've been in bed for two, going on three, days. It's not working for me. Work for you?

2. Nyquil (or your chosen off-brand equal)~ just makes me sleepy. If I take it for too long it starts to give me violent nightmares, though, so I think I'm going without tonight.

3. Honey? ~ anyone tried this? I have a cough that won't stop, but it's not because of throat irritation, it's because of the junk gucked up in my lungs. But it's giving me a headache, and my chest hurts from coughing.

4. Hot tea~ looking forward to snagging some. Not sure how good it is for sickness, though.

5. Chicken noodle soup~ ******** delicious. I love love love it, but I'm not sure if it helped me at all. But it was good.

That's all I got.
Anyone else sick as s**t right now?
What are you doing about it?
I heard wafting tabasco hot sauce might help

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
At what point should I go to the doctor for chest pain? Like... When you swallow something big, and it sticks in your throat and hurts, or like one of those painful hiccups? That's what it's like...

God, I'm ******** miserable...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces