If you are sick, sleep.
Sleep a lot! You need it. If you are very sick, it might be that just three days is not enough. The last time I was sick, I slept for a full week (but I also had a 40 degrees celsius fever).
And get the vitamins you need. Drink a lot of fresh fruit juice.
Also, the tea with honey actually does help. The tea (and other drinks, like the juice) does help against irritation, and it is important to stay hydrated. The honey has antibacterial components in it, which can help fighting against a bacterial infection you have or might catch. It is very likely that you just have a virus, but it is quite common that people who had a flu or cold get a bacterial infection afterwards, which you can recognize by the colour of everything you sneeze out or cough up. Plus, the honey also soothens, although you might not need it.
If you are very sick, you might not feel the need to eat a lot. But make sure you do get some energy. Don't drink water, but as I said, drink juices or tea with honey. The soup you ate also is good. But fresh soups are always better.
The honey tea was awesome. Definitely something I'm going to do more often.
And I can't be bothered to make fresh homemade soup right now. I know canned is full of sodium and generally not very good for you, but it made me feel better xd
Though, I think it's the flu, not a cold, I AM REALLY SICK.
So, I'm here to talk cold/flu remedies, and other stuff about being sick.
1. first of all~ bed rest. I've been in bed for two, going on three, days. It's not working for me. Work for you?
2. Nyquil (or your chosen off-brand equal)~ just makes me sleepy. If I take it for too long it starts to give me violent nightmares, though, so I think I'm going without tonight.
3. Honey? ~ anyone tried this? I have a cough that won't stop, but it's not because of throat irritation, it's because of the junk gucked up in my lungs. But it's giving me a headache, and my chest hurts from coughing.
4. Hot tea~ looking forward to snagging some. Not sure how good it is for sickness, though.
5. Chicken noodle soup~ ******** delicious. I love love love it, but I'm not sure if it helped me at all. But it was good.
That's all I got.
Anyone else sick as s**t right now?
What are you doing about it?