Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Lop

11,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
important fact: from here on out everyone who posts in this thread meaning to be like "OH... THE COLLAPSE OF SOCIETY. IM DISCOURAGED FROM VOICING MY BIGOTED OPINIONS?! S-SOCIAL MARXISM ;__; MMUH FREE SPEECH" is going to get a pm with the john galt speech. the entire thing

Explorer

no but like what do i make for dinner

Dangerous Prophet

unawarewolf
no but like what do i make for dinner

split pea soup with turkey bacon and yummy bread to dip in it pls

Original Regular

I just glanced over most of the initial posts, what the ********? I mean I know to expect nothing less from you people sometimes but seriously. 7/10 troll m8 nice b8.

Fuzzy Member

Brother Kam
I just glanced over most of the initial posts, what the ********? I mean I know to expect nothing less from you people sometimes but seriously. 7/10 troll m8 nice b8.
Some of us took issue with what we see as aggressive self-importance.

For starters the whole thread seems smug and arrogant. 'Good Opinions'? Get a grip. 'Bad Opinioons'? Yeah try not to make too many enemies while you're at it. Triggerwarnings are a joke, they come from Tumblr and you can bet your sweet a*****e Tumblr has NO idea what a trigger actually is. Hint: Being offended is not a trigger, it is a fact of life. They're a bad joke taken seriously.

"Ignore the people in here who insist on trying to fight because their feelings are hurt and they don't love themselves. Shed a tear for them and move on." Self-Awareness at dangerously low levels sir.

"Don't be ableist/sexist/racist/homophobic/transphobic/transmisogynistic/classist/etc." Who gets to decide because I for one have not been consulted.

"If someone calls you out on something you may have said that is problematic, don't fight it and apologise." Self-Awareness has reached Critical Failure.

"If you believe in reverse racism/misandry/cisphobia/heterophobia please get out." This is genuinely offensive and it should be obvious why, but rather than sit and cry about it we choose to respond with ire and satire. How dare we.

"If you're anti self-diagnosis please get out." Sorry how dare I advocate mental illness be taken seriously.

This thread is Tumblr: The Thread. We are not beholden to accept it, nor should we be.

Also I think I mistook you as calling out we who called this s**t out.
Looking again I think you were calling out the thread.
My bad.

leaving this here though for others

Dapper Conversationalist

I am very happy to see this sort of forum posted even if it receives abuse. Why are young people on these sites so conservative? It wasn't this bad 10 years ago...god this place makes me feel old

Anyway, nice to know I'm not the only queer on here. smile

I have lots of opinions but since I don't know what you're looking for I don't know which one to mention.

Dangerous Prophet

i'm so amused becuz they are harassing but they are also hitting the nail right on the head becuz i literally WANT this to be tumblr: the thread becuz i ******** love tumblr but i don't get to have cute avatars on there!!

Explorer

whateverfloats

im glad someone who isn't just here to harass responded haha

like w bad opinions we were basically just looking for people w screenshots/quotes of people being transphobic/transmisogynistic/ableist/racist etc

good opinions are just people being decent and not anti-sj or mra tbh

them literally thinking we're joking too lmao. we just wanted to find people that we feel safe w to converse with and literally being very clear on what we did not want in here, cause there was a big lack of queer safe feeling groups on here

Dapper Conversationalist

Eggboy Salt
i'm so amused becuz they are harassing but they are also hitting the nail right on the head becuz i literally WANT this to be tumblr: the thread becuz i ******** love tumblr but i don't get to have cute avatars on there!!

tumblr isn't perfect but at least you can tailor your experience more there.

I'm conductingbirds.tumblr.com btw

Dapper Conversationalist

unawarewolf
whateverfloats
them literally thinking we're joking too lmao. we just wanted to find people that we feel safe w to converse with and literally being very clear on what we did not want in here, cause there was a big lack of queer safe feeling groups on here
here really is a lack of queer spaces/forums on here. which is odd since i was introduced to this site by queer folks. cute avatars? what could be gayer? ha!

i don't screen cap homophobic, transphobic, ableist comments because they are ubiquitous and just not worth my time. i'd rather have constructive conversations.

that said, i do love poking my head into awful subreddits just to marvel at the crazy stuff people post. i usually just want to give those guys a hug and direct them to a good support group.

Fuzzy Member

whateverfloats
I am very happy to see this sort of forum posted even if it receives abuse. Why are young people on these sites so conservative? It wasn't this bad 10 years ago...god this place makes me feel old

I have lots of opinions but since I don't know what you're looking for I don't know which one to mention.
Please,
please for the love of reason don't make that mistake

These people think misandry doesn't exist
They think you can't be racist to white people

These are problematic things and they fight it instead of apologising. You're probably being trolled but on the chance that this is serious you're siding with dangerous company. Think for a minute, please. Examine what's being said and evaluate it for a moment.

Explorer

whateverfloats

yeah i don't really screencap stuff like that either but sometimes i see stuff on here that i go what and i show my roommate and we laugh at the Bad Opinions

tbh i wish everyone who was being mean in this thread would just end up finding good resources and realising things because literally i think even if i hadn't put good opinions/bad opinions i would have been attacked on here just for posting about trigger warnings and being queer

Dangerous Prophet

Wigwam the Dodo
whateverfloats

Please,
please for the love of reason don't make that mistake

These people think misandry doesn't exist
They think you can't be racist to white people

These are problematic things and they fight it instead of apologising. You're probably being trolled but on the chance that this is serious you're siding with dangerous company. Think for a minute, please. Examine what's being said and evaluate it for a moment.

the dangerous prophet

plz luv urself heart i'm gonna shed a tear for u and hope u get better crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas