Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christianity v.s. Evolution what do you believe and why?

I believe in evolution to a certain extent. I read all the theories of Darwin, and I have come to the conclusion that in the beginning of time there was one fish, one bird, one reptile, one bear, on feline, etc. which evolved into the many fish/birds/reptiles we have today, for this there is overwhelming evidence. However, there is no valid proof that fish evolved into horses and what not! Even if we did evolve from one common ancestor who created him? All the experiments of how a cell could have formed on the prehistoric each have been proved to have faulty chemicals. For example the leading experiment, which supposedly proves how life began, is the Miller and Urey experiment, however scientists have proven that the original simulations of earth atmosphere were not accurate! As for the statement that man and every other creature have evolved over time from one common ancestor has no real leading evidence. Basically scientists argue this point with to points, the fossil record and homologous body structures. However, the fossil record is incomplete and there are no real ape/human fossils. As for the homologous body structure scientist simply look at the bones in birds and try to locate similar bones in alligators. I do not think that these are very valid pieces of evidence. In fact Darwin himself manufactured one of the ape/human fossils and tried to pass it of as a fossil. I believe in Christianity because I read the Case for Christ, which backs up the claims to Christianity with logic and evidence! I suggest buying the teen edition for whoever is interested it’s about 100 pages and it’s a quick read.
i used to say i was christian.
but after learning about evolution and everything that had to do with science, i lost faith. science has ANSWERS. it explains why things are the way they are. i just dont get religion. im ashamed, but its the truth.
Evolution, evolution ALLOWED us to have religion.
Evolution. It makes too much sense NOT to believe in.
I'm a catholic that believe in evolution. Bam. Surely I'm not the only one.
I think religion is also completely ignorant of science. And believers of faith choose not to seek the truth.

Dangerous Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Shouldn't this topic be Creationism v Evolution? Otherwise it's like Christianity vs gravity, or Hinduism vs law of conservation of matter.
I believe in God.
Because I can.
End of story.
The two don't have to be mutually exclusive you know. Christians can believe in evolution too. User Image
turbid blue
Shouldn't this topic be Creationism v Evolution? Otherwise it's like Christianity vs gravity, or Hinduism vs law of conservation of matter.
Agreed
I'm a Christian, but the world has evolved 3nodding It changes every day creating and taking away lives, species, even air molecules - everything. God made an evolving world. heart

Shapeshifter

Crazy_Mad_Hatter13
turbid blue
Agreed

^ That. My dad is like super-christian, jumping buildings in a single bound. Hence, some of that has rubbed off on me. I'm still working over the shed.

But I believe in evolution, too. They don't have to... Aw, crap, brainfart. I can't remember the word I was thinking of, but they can function together; they don't have to be opposite ideas.
I'm a Christian. I always have been and I always will be! I love God and Jesus! heart
Endless Wayfarer
The two don't have to be mutually exclusive you know. Christians can believe in evolution too. User Image
Yagermiester
I think religion is also completely ignorant of science. And believers of faith choose not to seek the truth.
Oo I like evolution....
and I like God.

Oi, but yeah, I have one friend who's uber religious (I mean, I'm religious, but she makes me look like I'm up to my eyebrows in sin all the time), and she's homeschooled. And, up on the shelves in her living room, her parents have the books The Lie: Evolution, and Evolution Debunked. And I'm all for respecting people's opinions and beliefs, but honestly I think she should be exposed to more than just that in her schooling, and I somehow doubt that she is. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff