Welcome to Gaia! ::

I read a really good book called "I don't have enough faith the be and atheist"

I reccomend it.
MASK DE LEONA
oh shiz ignore that i totally read ur post wrong xD

mm, talkin to me? xd
Sora Mioachhi
Besides all observations have concluded that only life produces life. This called the Law of Biogenesis.

Source?
Kage_no_Taren
Sora Mioachhi
Besides all observations have concluded that only life produces life. This called the Law of Biogenesis.

Source?

Just type it into Google, you'll get a ton of stuff on the Law of Biogenesis. Thing is, he doesn't have a firm grasp of what it means:

http://talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB000.html

"The spontaneous generation that Pasteur and others disproved was the idea that life forms such as mice, maggots, and bacteria can appear fully formed. They disproved a form of creationism. There is no law of biogenesis saying that very primitive life cannot form from increasingly complex molecules."

Really, he is working against himself, as you can see.
Vavari
Kage_no_Taren
Sora Mioachhi

Source?

Just type it into Google, you'll get a ton of stuff on the Law of Biogenesis. Thing is, he doesn't have a firm grasp of what it means:

"The spontaneous generation that Pasteur and others disproved was the idea that life forms such as mice, maggots, and bacteria can appear fully formed. They disproved a form of creationism. There is no law of biogenesis saying that very primitive life cannot form from increasingly complex molecules."

Yeah, I figured it would be something like that. I mean, it all depends on how you define "life" I suppose...
Kage_no_Taren
Vavari
Kage_no_Taren
Sora Mioachhi

Source?

Yeah, I figured it would be something like that. I mean, it all depends on how you define "life" I suppose...

The simple answer would be organism. Though I suppose it can get a lot more technical and confusing than that. Right now I'm reading about Nanobes and Acytota. Nanobes are not proven as far as I know, though they do have evidence, and it is controversial whether either of them should be considered life.
Vavari
Kage_no_Taren
Vavari
Kage_no_Taren
Sora Mioachhi

Source?

The simple answer would be organism. Though I suppose it can get a lot more technical and confusing than that. Right now I'm reading about Nanobes and Acytota. Nanobes are not proven as far as I know, though they do have evidence, and it is controversial whether either of them should be considered life.

Well, I mean, what's the basic criteria for that then? DNA? Mitochondria have that, and I don't think they're fully alive. I guess cell structure, but there are plenty of ways that that could happen without coming from something that was already alive.
Kage_no_Taren
Vavari
Kage_no_Taren
Vavari
Kage_no_Taren
Sora Mioachhi

Source?

Well, I mean, what's the basic criteria for that then? DNA? Mitochondria have that, and I don't think they're fully alive. I guess cell structure, but there are plenty of ways that that could happen without coming from something that was already alive.

I'm going to keep it simple and answer with a link. I'm waaay too tired to try to explain life myself.
cavemaniac
blakeneygal
Evolution.

Am I really suposed to believe that some guy in white nightgown somewhere up in the sky created everything? talk2hand

If you think him as omnipresent, all-knowing and etc. than it's natural to be god fearing. But if you paint him as a bearded chap in the clouds, it's natural for you to go say "That makes no sense, let's go invent logic!" neutral

So, in other words, you're not supposed to believe that some guy in a white nightgown somewhere in the sky created everything. It's quite natural to think any old guy in a white nightgown somewhere in the sky is pretty much a story to make little children behave themselves.

Have you read the Dresden Files? I think that was a quote from Harry..?
Ever since I was 5, when one of my friends died of a seizure at age 4, (she was almost 5)
I haven't believed in god. Or anything.
If something so great, so forgiving, so healing existed, no one would die for no reason. No wars would be fought. No one would starve every 30 seconds. Diseases wouldn't wipe out entire cities. He wouldn't ask us for our love and thankfull-ness. Evolution makes sense. Evolution has ANSWERS. We aren't perfect. We are everything but it. We wouldn't be so.. so... imperfect if something so great created us. We didnt poof here, we evolved from other organisms.

People are suffering. I don't see god doing anything.

What the hell is everyone waiting for?
Some insane b*****d coming to church telling everyone he is the LAMB UV GAWD?

Look, im sorry if you are insulted, but this is how I feel.

OH and most of all, this whole god stuff came from a book called the bible. ITS A MADE UP STORY.

biggrin Im done. dramallama
Christianity is false! Worship and bow down to Aslan, the lion god of the the animal kingdom Disney ride. NOW!
well, evolution of corse

also u can believe on science and still believe on god =D
Marvin of Djibouti
Christianity is false! Worship and bow down to Aslan, the lion god of the the animal kingdom Disney ride. NOW!

um... you know that whole series has a s**t ton of christian parallels right?
you can completely tell at the end of the last book. (or if you knew anything about C.S. Lewis)

Lily-livered Cutie-Pie

8,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I believe in Theistic Evolution.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers