Welcome to Gaia! ::

IISuper_KiaII
Guess what? Darwin was a christian, he just wasn't afraid to explore sciences. And besides. If God was real, explain to me why his book of belief puts jesus down. I believe in one passage, it tells you that men with long hair are forsaken. Guess what? Jesus had long hair. I have no doubt that jesus existed, but I don't think he was the son of god, or the savior. There are so many things in the bible that lead me to believe he isn't real.

As for evolutionism, I think its possible. Very possible. There are also skeletons to prove that the early Cro-Magnons resemble monkeys in a sort of way.

First of all there is no exact way of knowing if someone is a Christian. Second, Charles Darwin's father was a preacher. But Charles Darwin rebeled and created evolution.
IISuper_KiaII
Guess what? Darwin was a christian, he just wasn't afraid to explore sciences. And besides. If God was real, explain to me why his book of belief puts jesus down. I believe in one passage, it tells you that men with long hair are forsaken. Guess what? Jesus had long hair. I have no doubt that jesus existed, but I don't think he was the son of god, or the savior. There are so many things in the bible that lead me to believe he isn't real.

As for evolutionism, I think its possible. Very possible. There are also skeletons to prove that the early Cro-Magnons resemble monkeys in a sort of way.

The "puts Him down" part was so he could save man from spending all of eternity in Hell. And Jesus also said that he followed a higher authority.
Besides all observations have concluded that only life produces life. This called the Law of Biogenesis.
Also all life is formed by a code in its DNA. Now nomally whenever I walk out of a room which has a computer with no software, and I come back in, normally its not running Microsoft Office.
British Tourettes
I'm a catholic that believe in evolution. Bam. Surely I'm not the only one.

I think that you can be religos and belive in evolution. You don't have to pick!
I believe in TODAY.

I believe in the now, the moment.

NOT WHAT HAPPENED TEN MILLION ******** YEARS AGO.

although
I don't have anything against people who do care. smile
Who said this is Christianity Vs Evolution, more as Truth VS. People not wanting to be held responsible to God.. lets face it we all know that evolution is a Complete impossibility, even if u want it to be true its just not possible.. Besides Evolution was only created Because Darwin was mad at the Church and wanted to get away from God.
I'm a practicing Catholic, and I also believe in evolution. Most Catholics I know also believe in evolution too, in fact former Pope John Paul II embraced evolution.

I don't think you have to choose between science and faith. There's always a way to make the two click together.
hammer principessa
I'm a practicing Catholic, and I also believe in evolution. Most Catholics I know also believe in evolution too, in fact former Pope John Paul II embraced evolution.

I don't think you have to choose between science and faith. There's always a way to make the two click together.

Maybe in a mental realm this is possible, but why embrace something that has never been proven and every day more people turn away from it.
Benannt
hammer principessa

Maybe in a mental realm this is possible, but why embrace something that has never been proven and every day more people turn away from it.

Um, are you talking about my religion? I embrace it because it's what I believe in. I don't care how many people say it has no proof because for ME, it's already proven itself. Every time I feel happiness, or see something beautiful in nature I can feel it.

It helps me stay in line, it's kept me from doing and saying things that I'd regret on more than one occasion. It's what keeps me from feeling shallow, empty, and without purpose on this materialistic world we live in.
Benannt
Who said this is Christianity Vs Evolution, more as Truth VS. People not wanting to be held responsible to God.. lets face it we all know that evolution is a Complete impossibility, even if u want it to be true its just not possible.. Besides Evolution was only created Because Darwin was mad at the Church and wanted to get away from God.

I lol'd. What do you think dogs are? They didn't just pop up out of no where. It is micro-evolution. Did you hear about rattlesnakes "losing" their ability to rattle? One snake was born without the ability, this made it easier for the snake because humans and other predators couldn't hear it. It mated and it's offspring did not have the ability to rattle either. Over time little changes like that happen until it becomes a whole different animal. Makes sense to me. You can believe in god and evolution, evolution has nothing to do with actual creation. If anything, this thread should be god vs. the big bang theory, which can also go together because god could have created the "big bang".
hammer principessa
Benannt
hammer principessa

Um, are you talking about my religion? I embrace it because it's what I believe in. I don't care how many people say it has no proof because for ME, it's already proven itself. Every time I feel happiness, or see something beautiful in nature I can feel it.

It helps me stay in line, it's kept me from doing and saying things that I'd regret on more than one occasion. It's what keeps me from feeling shallow, empty, and without purpose on this materialistic world we live in.

Cant argue with that logic ... o wait stressed
I Think that Christianity is only a way to believe that is something after this life, and it's not true.
Christianity don't let the science evolve. I Think that it is ridiculous.
Mythology and Theory can't be compared.
The theory of evolution has the same amount of proof as the theory of gravity.
Evolution also says nothing about how we got here. It only proves what happened once we did.

The evolution vs. creationism debate is as valid as gravity vs. Aesop's Fables (The Boy Who Cried Wolf, etc.)

Pretty much, you can't argue that evolution isn't credible because it's just a theory without saying that gravity isn't credible.
oh shiz ignore that i totally read ur post wrong xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces