Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
It really pisses me off that parents have their kids do stuff they don't like, and the parents AND judges are so harsh critiquing them. I saw a three year old in tears on stage the other day, and I felt so bad. the judges were all like "Well, she just sat there and did nothing, so no score." And the mom was like "i am so embarresed".
They all make me sick. That should be considered abuse. They need to let those kids enjoy their childhood and persue their dreams, not their parents dreams.
If the kid wants to be a model, then go for it.

4,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I completely agree. All of the make-up junk they put on children. So much stress for little kids. =[

Anxious Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Wicked Tacky
I completely agree. All of the make-up junk they put on children. So much stress for little kids. =[

you brought up a great point. Hard child hoods usually lead to suicidal tendancies, dont they? either way, most will grow up with self esteem issues.

Dapper Ladykiller

11,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
Your last sentence seems to contradict your entire little rant.
Lucinda Lacination

thread
Yeah, that makes me sick too. I'm sure that can lead to serious psychological issues later in life, being forced to live a lifestyle like that. Little kids, especially girls, should be praised for who they are, not how well they do in some beauty pageant. It'll set them up to be superficial and self-conscious for the rest of their lives.
Lucinda Lacination

I think what the OP is saying is that a kid should be a child model only if the KID wants to be, not if the kid's parents want them to be.

Anxious Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Lucinda Lacination

dont sign any contracts, you seem bad at reading between the lines. I said they shouldnt be forced. If the kid- not the parent- wants to do it, then they should do it, but parents are way out of line making their child do something they arent comfortable with

Newbie Noob

10,450 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
I'm not sure what modeling contests you're talking about,
because I don't think we have those in Belgium?
We do, of course, have children pose for clothing brands,
but I never really thought how they are selected...

What I do find rather strange is beachwear for kids.
I'm like "No, your five years old doesn't need a bikini!"
Same goes for bra's.
One of my sister's favorite TV shows is "Toddlers in Tiaras." One time I walked in the room and a mother was ranting about how "people always tell me I'm sexualizing my daughter and that's wrong, but that's not what it's about at all!" while her daughter, six years old, wearing a spray tan, fake teeth, false eyelashes, a lacey mini-skirt and corset is practically humping the stage behind her.

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I really don't agree with it regardless of whether the child wants to participate or not. Reason being is one particular case I heard of one of those child models being raped and killed.
And it really does increase a child's risk for having something like that happen to them.
They all look like baby prostitutes.

Tipsy Kitten

it would be so much better if the kids were themselves.
and not put in makeup, fake hair, heals, dresses they shouldn't be wearing, tans, they'll have skin cancer by the time they're 10
it's really popular here where I live. I feel so bad for the kids
and I cant imagine what they'll turn out like as older.

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I completely agree with the OP, its sad to watch and honestly irritates the piss out of me. kids should be kids, end of story

Tipsy Smoker

9,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I love delicious flat chests. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers