Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you take your partners last name, or would you like your partner to take it?

I would take his last name.

Would you name your children after whose last name?

My children would have his last name.

Do you like your last name?

I do.

Do you like pizza?

Yes. I've been craving it for a while actually.

Magical Tree

I'm really fond of my last name because it is more Italian than I am (genetically). There aren't a lot of people with this last name too.
At the moment I'm considering just keeping my last name. But I'm not married and not planning on it for a while... so I'll cross that bridge later.
Would you take your partners last name, or would you like your partner to take it? Why?
- It depends on the name, tbh. I like my current partner's last name, so I'd probably take that.
It'd be nice to only have one last name as opposed to two. If I didn't like the last name I'm not sure I'd take it.

- Either his or one of mine, depending on whether or not I take his last name. I wouldn't want my kids to have two last names. I've noticed it can be quite bothersome to have two.

- Yeah, they're nice and very typically Swedish, but I'd like to only keep one of them. I've been thinking about removing one, but I need to talk to my brother about it first since he's been thinking about it, too. Wouldn't want one of my parents to feel left out because we both removed their last name (my parents didn't change their last names after they married).

Do you like pizza?
- Yes, but I prefer hamburgers.

Bloodsucker

Would you take your partners last name, or would you like your partner to take it? Why?
I would take his. I love his last name <3. It's so lovely.

His.

No. I dislike one syllable last names.
sorry dad

Do you like pizza?
yah.

Fashionable Shopper

I'm waiting in the social security office now to get my name changed! heart

Witty Conversationalist

• Would you take your partners last name, or would you like your partner to take it? Why?

I got married on the 31st of October and am currently in the process of changing my last name. I have my marriage certificate sitting at the courthouse waiting for me, I have the paperwork to change my name on my social security card mailed in, waiting on getting my new ID and birth certificate, et cetera. It’s a pain in the a**. Especially all of the fees attached to it.

New birth certificate? $21.00 plus tax
      New ID? $15.15 plus tax
      Marriage certificate duplicates (which you TOTALLY need)? $9.00 per duplicate plus tax
      New bank card? $5.00 per card plus tax
      Social security card? Free, thankfully

• Would you name your children after whose last name?

My husband’s. My children currently have their father’s last name, but we’re working on changing that.

• Do you like your last name?

I liked my maiden name, but I also like my new last name. Same initial and same amount of letters. I found that funny.

• Do you like pizza?

Yup.

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm considering combining them...my last name will be attached to so many things (like a small business and academic publications/presentations) that it really isn't wise to change it.
Also, my current partner's last name sounds ridiculous with my first name.

Hyphenate or alternate, I guess? Never really talked about it...hm.

It's boring, but it allows for some degree of anonymity because it's so common.

Do you like pizza?
Yes let's go get some 4laugh
Why not change one man's name for another? I don't see what odds it makes.

Shy Gaian

I'm changing my last name. I hate my last name, and I'd rather have my boyfriends last name.

I do like pizza. I like pizza very much.

Shy Conversationalist

I will absolutely be taking my fiance's name when we get married. His last name is way cooler than mine; my last name is like a big, sloppy period at the end of my name. I guess that also means that our children will have his last name, too. I have no problem with this; I think it's easier to share a last name anyway, rather than having different names or hyphenating it or some bullshit like that.

Yes, I like pizza. Pepperoni, bacon, and mushroom pizza is my favorite. C:

Party Member

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

i'm too lazy

Shameless Loiterer

To me a last name is a last name. I don't particularly love my last name, but I very much dislike my boyfriends' last name. I don't really see us getting married, though. It has never been explicitly said, but I'm under the impression that my family expects me to keep our last name since my grandparents only had one boy, my father, and I'm an only child. My grandparents consider me to be the family "successor" over my cousin, even though he is male and this family is horribly sexist, because I have the same last name and he doesn't.

Generous Gaian

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Big Tipper 100
i took my husbands last name. my former last name was long and hard to pronounce (french), even though i still use it for somethings.
my husband's is way easier.
i haven't updated my health card yet, but im doing that at the beginning of next year,
my passport doesn't expire for 5 years. ill change it after it goes ca-put.

when we have children they (meaning 2) will have his last name also.

p.s.
im craving pizza with olives at this very moment

User Image

Invisible Assailant

12,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'd like to keep mine, unless she has just the best last name ever. It's annoying, because it has a second capital letter that gets changed in every freakin' official document ever, but I still like it.

Timid Bookworm

I'm currently in graduate school and planning on going into a career in academia. It really depends on whether nor not I publish any articles before I get married. If I don't, I'll probably take my husband's last name, but if I've already published, I'll be keeping my maiden name.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff